Would you make your dd wear a bra? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 95 Old 10-23-2007, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerthElde View Post
Hmm, I've been trying to uncondition myself from wearing bras ever since I discovered the health risks.
From an energic pov, the way bras cross energy points, they cause blood sugar issues (in an acupuncture point).
Bras don't allow for proper lymph movement through the breast - there's a book out there called "Dressed to Kill" that shows the evidence of breast cancer correlating with bras - the fancier the bras, the more likely one is to get cancer.
Bras damage subcutaneous tissue under the breast, causing sagging.
I would/will actively discourage my daughters from wearing bras except in situations where their breasts are truly uncomfortable and get in the way.
Interesting. I never thought about it but it makes sense. All I knew was that they are incredibly uncomfortable and confining (and insulting imo).
#92 of 95 Old 10-23-2007, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis View Post
Funnily enough, though, the embarrassing situations came after I started wearing a bra.
Yes, same here. I remember the embarrassing and humiliating "bra snap" given by the boys in 7th and 8th grade.
#93 of 95 Old 10-23-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paquerette View Post
I Additionally, the concept of "you have to wear this garment or people will sexually harass you" is frankly horrifying. How is that any different from "if you wear a mini skirt you're 'asking for it'"? :
:

When I was about 15 my mom literally cried about the fact that I refused to strap down my 36D breasts and the fact that my knees were "scraped up" She was horrified that my girlhood included a very free body and lots of tree climbing and hiking around the rural area I grew up in.
Gosh?!? How do we want our girls to be or think???
I find this a very very very relevant question as the mother of a 10 yr old. I still rarely strap down my now 42DD breasts and I betcha I'll never be in a fashion magazine (maybe Nat'l Geo). But I am a healthy and happy and tanned lover of creeks and forests and children and gardens and animals and all that...I would NEVER pass dress code and honestly I cannot imagine enforcing bra wearing on any person ever! ( and I do realize that the mama who started this thread had no intention of "forcing " anything..."
#94 of 95 Old 10-23-2007, 08:12 PM

I just wanted to point out that if you want to go braless, that is your choice, but there is no evidence at all to support the claim that wearing one causes or contributes to breast cancer.
http://www.center4research.org/wmnsh...ra-cancer.html
#95 of 95 Old 10-23-2007, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbundantLife View Post
I just wanted to point out that if you want to go braless, that is your choice, but there is no evidence at all to support the claim that wearing one causes or contributes to breast cancer.
http://www.center4research.org/wmnsh...ra-cancer.html
Not from a mainstream pov - as I said, it's an energic thing, you can choose to discount that if you like. Lymph is meant to move throughout the body, bras prevent that bounciness in the breast

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page