"soulja boy" - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 184 Old 02-10-2008, 03:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongBeliever View Post
It doesn't take a scientist to see that our kids are being barraged with crap from every direction from many different sources.
So true!
#182 of 184 Old 02-11-2008, 06:06 AM

[I'll get back this thread in a couple of days maybe. I didn't mean to offend anyone, only sincere conversation using the type of expressions I find to go right to the heart of the moment. I feel strongly about what I think. I AM interested in your conversation. It's showing me a window on something that I THINK is okay with me---it's both familiar and unfamiliar.

Again, I think we got highly charged on this thread because of the vast age differences and trends between "your kids" and "my kids."

Be that as it may, if I come off as snotty, or grossed you out, or whatever, well, I do feel that I had no choice with your argument. I think it yielded the only useful arguments. And I'll think about it some more, and write more later.

VF
#183 of 184 Old 02-11-2008, 07:19 AM

So wierd. I feel like I'm living in a box. Cuz for all my internet wanderings, I've never come across this song or the dance or the lyrics.

Gotta go check it all out.
#184 of 184 Old 02-11-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viewfinder View Post
I think we got highly charged on this thread because of the vast age differences and trends between "your kids" and "my kids."

For the purposes of this thread/discussion I am referring to kids in the 9 and up range. These are the kids, particularly the older end, that'd be most likely to hear the song or know the dance.

For my purposes, I mean any kid at any age really.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page