Crazy Unpredictable Hormonal Crying Spells!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 01-26-2007, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As if sore nipples and pants that no longer fit wasn't enough, this week my crazy hormones have kicked in big time and I've been having uncontrollable emotional reactions to everything and anything!! Aside from a surprise pregnancy, I'll admit that life is a bit stressful right now anyway, but it's the way these feelings drag on and on that indicates to me that they are just raging pregnancy hormones. I know this is totally normal for just about everyone, but I thought I could start a new thread for those of us struggling to keep the water works at bay..... share your stressful moments, breakdowns, tearjerkers, etc. I'm sure we're all going through it, let's do it together!!!! :
#2 of 18 Old 01-26-2007, 12:26 AM

Oh this is me some days!

I was watching Apollo 13 a few days ago for about the 100th time and I was bawling all during the reentry scene.

I also found myself FREAKING OUT at my DH the other day because he interrupted me while I was having some "I'm touched out" quite time. I literally screamed, "Get ooooooooout! I know I'm overreacting! If you f*****g say another word I'm going to lose it. " He just backed out of the room and closed the door and then laughed at me when I apologized later. I literally felt like his words were touching me and compounding the touched out feeling.

If this isn't pregnant hormones at work I don't know what is.

One happy momma joy.gif to a very spirited little girl dust.gif, her tough little brother superhero.gif, and a happy little suprise late April 2012 stork-suprise.gif. Wife to an overworked and under paid husband geek.gif.

#3 of 18 Old 01-26-2007, 12:43 AM

I've been crying SO much lately! Grey's Anatomy was a killer last week - I've gotten choked up at that show before, but last week I was full-on bawling! I've been crying at a lot of the sob stories on American Idol, too! I'm such a sap.

Lacie, mama to Ethan (5), Logan (2), and Dylan, born 5/12/11!

#4 of 18 Old 01-26-2007, 11:54 AM

Oh yeah, me too! Last week I made vegetable soup in the crock pot and when we all sat down to eat the meat hadn't cooked through. Apparently I didn't give it enough time in the crock. I cried and cried and my husband and kids were like, "Umm... mom, it's okay. We'll just grab a sandwich and try again in an hour or so."

I'm also getting teary eyed at many commercials and articles I read, especially baby oriented stuff.
#5 of 18 Old 01-26-2007, 01:37 PM

I started crying in my car yesterday over the scene in the book "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" where an unwed mother was walking her baby down the street in a buggy and other mothers were outraged that she had the nerve to hold her head up high so started throwing rocks and her and one hit the baby in the head and she started bleeding. I was just sobbing. And I read this book in like 1988!!!!!!

~Tracy

Rockin' mama to Allison (9), Asher (5) and Alethea (3), head over heels in love with my sexy husband, Tony.

#6 of 18 Old 01-26-2007, 02:02 PM

Oh American Idol has really gotten to me. My teenager was laughing at me sobbing my way through. The other morning after a really rough night with my toddler, my husband and dd were getting ready to leave and they were "slamming" doors (they called it closing) and woke up my toddler. UGH! I was so upset, crying, hysterical, yelling about stupid stuff. I had to call my husband after he got to work to apologize. When I get really tired it all gets so much more intense. :
Wendi
#7 of 18 Old 01-26-2007, 02:47 PM

We only have tv for videos, otherwise i'm sure i'd be crying at shows and commercials, too. I do get a little teary-eyed while reading articles in magazines, and sometimes even just looking at an ad.

Mama to three  
#8 of 18 Old 01-26-2007, 03:06 PM

It's so silly because before I got pregnant, I thought I would somehow be immune to crazy pregnant emotions....I'm normally a pretty rational person...but I'm just not immune at all. My feelings feel so real and appropriate at the time!

Let's see, everything makes me overly emotional. I went to my new Dr. the other day and parked in the wrong parking lot...OH how bad I feel for that poor parking attendant...my reaction over having to pay a dollar for parking that I didn't use was really over the top. I did apologize, but I felt so silly. And then as I waited for the light to change while going to the correct spot, I started crying. HAHAHAH....I just have to laugh at myself. I'm crazy.

Wife to Rich~ 8/16/03 Mom to Nathan~ 9/30/07

#9 of 18 Old 01-26-2007, 03:36 PM

I too have been crying through American Idol?! I seem to cry because I am so touched at everyone's bravery I guess. I don't know.......but I totally thought I was the only one..........
#10 of 18 Old 01-26-2007, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactivist View Post
Oh American Idol has really gotten to me. My teenager was laughing at me sobbing my way through. The other morning after a really rough night with my toddler, my husband and dd were getting ready to leave and they were "slamming" doors (they called it closing) and woke up my toddler. UGH! I was so upset, crying, hysterical, yelling about stupid stuff. I had to call my husband after he got to work to apologize. When I get really tired it all gets so much more intense. :
Wendi
Oh yeah, everything is more intense. I homeschool my older two while trying to run after my toddler and being sick and exhausted on top of it all. Not a good combination! Some days I have to just disappear and take a breather (while they watch the little one) or tell the kids to take the day off because mom is on overload. My kids now know that when I calmly say, "Guys, I'm on overload... TMS (too much stimulation)," they know to turn everything that makes noise off and get the house quiet and calm down. It helps a lot.
#11 of 18 Old 01-26-2007, 07:19 PM

Oh, me. I'm glad I'm not the only one, because yesterday I started bawling at a story I'd read and Could. Not. Stop. Crying. Which of course led to a headache and stuffy nose and made the nausea and cramping worse . . . It was sort of bizarre, and freaked out my cats.
#12 of 18 Old 01-26-2007, 08:03 PM

DD was watching a kids show a few days ago where the kid interviews people. She was interviewing water rescue people. When I explained to DD what water rescue people did and how there are other people who keep us safe, I started bawling.

And when I was taking down the Xmas tree 1 week post ovulation. I was sitting on the floor surrounded by baubles and coudn't figure out which boxes to put them in to keep them safe. That almost had me bawling. Dh thought I was nuts
#13 of 18 Old 01-26-2007, 10:16 PM

Oh my. Yesterday I cried (and yelled at DH) because I'd been trying to cook a grilled cheese sandwich for half an hour. I kept checking to make sure it was on the right burner and it was... except then DH got home and pointed out that it wasn't and I had a meltdown.

Of course I also cry becuase I'm happy too. Very confusing.
#14 of 18 Old 01-26-2007, 10:25 PM

Your posts are making me laugh and yet I have tears in my eyes. :

Kate, mom to 7 year old Djuna and 4 yr old Alden. Missing our good friend Hal the cat who died June 2, 2010

#15 of 18 Old 01-26-2007, 10:44 PM - Thread Starter

After feeling like I suck at life for the last couple days, my wonderful, expecting wife let me read these threads. Thank you for all being crazy like her. It's good to know that these random meltdowns don't mean she hates me. When I married her, she gave me a note saying she's "crazy" for me, and well, I suppose she was warning me. I knew what I was in for when, one night before even getting engaged, she cut a shirt of mine that she didn't like in two. Oh yeah, I was still wearing it... so I guess that's PMS. She tells me this is worse than PMS. Should I hide the scissors????
#16 of 18 Old 01-26-2007, 10:58 PM

hugs to all of us emotional and hormonal mommas!!!!

on wednesday i picked my DD up at preschool and there was a police officer directing traffic, there is normally NOT one there. he was waving for us to go quickly so i did. after looking in my rear view mirror i saw 2 cop cars with their lights on, and behind them was a black hearse. i started crying.

my DDs wanted to know why there were cop cars with lights on, and i could barely tell them.......

that is the only really random time i've broken down and cried. i didn't even know the person that died
#17 of 18 Old 01-26-2007, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahEiley View Post
After feeling like I suck at life for the last couple days, my wonderful, expecting wife let me read these threads. Thank you for all being crazy like her. It's good to know that these random meltdowns don't mean she hates me. When I married her, she gave me a note saying she's "crazy" for me, and well, I suppose she was warning me. I knew what I was in for when, one night before even getting engaged, she cut a shirt of mine that she didn't like in two. Oh yeah, I was still wearing it... so I guess that's PMS. She tells me this is worse than PMS. Should I hide the scissors????
#18 of 18 Old 01-27-2007, 08:44 PM

Joining in on the crying spells....

Today was horrible. I am usually grounded but I dreamt about something that bd said to me yestarday and woke up feeling soooo overly emotional. I just cried and cried - then I cried when I went downstairs and saw how messy my house was. Then I got mad and yelled at my kids... it was a real "roller-coaster" day for me, hopefully this won't be happening often cause I can't handle it. (I hate roller coasters anyway)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page