For fun...what do you think you're having and why? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-29-2007, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have 2 ds's and I really think this one is a girl. Perhaps people have just convinced me of it because that's what they think I want to hear. Or possibly it's because I feel totally different than when I was pregnant with ds's. Also, based on time of conception it "should" be a girl.

But I'm always wrong. I thought the other two were girls too! Of course I will be happy either way.

What do you all think?

Susan~Mama to Atticus (2003), Creeley (2005), Townsyn (2007) and a fourth boy on the way in 2011!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2007, 10:25 PM

I think it's a boy. Just a vibe, but I haven't been wrong yet. Or maybe I'm just used to getting the opposite of what I want - before i conceived ds I wanted him to be a girl, but felt right away that he was a boy. Before I conceived dd I wanted her to be a boy, but felt right away that she was a girl. This time, i would prefer a girl, so maybe that's why i think it's a boy.

Mama to three  
Old 01-29-2007, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaninevp922 View Post
I think it's a boy. Just a vibe, but I haven't been wrong yet. Or maybe I'm just used to getting the opposite of what I want - before i conceived ds I wanted him to be a girl, but felt right away that he was a boy. Before I conceived dd I wanted her to be a boy, but felt right away that she was a girl. This time, i would prefer a girl, so maybe that's why i think it's a boy.
Good reason!

Susan~Mama to Atticus (2003), Creeley (2005), Townsyn (2007) and a fourth boy on the way in 2011!
Old 01-29-2007, 10:37 PM

I think BOY. Feel the same as I did with both ds's. I haven't been wrong yet either. According to the Chinese calendar it's a boy.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyg View Post
I think BOY. Feel the same as I did with both ds's. I haven't been wrong yet either. According to the Chinese calendar it's a boy.
According to the Chinese calendar both ds's were supposed to be girls an this one's supposed to be a boy!

Old 01-29-2007, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamas2atti View Post
According to the Chinese calendar both ds's were supposed to be girls an this one's supposed to be a boy!
Old 01-29-2007, 11:13 PM

I really don't have a gut feeling (and I didn't with DS, either), but I suspect I will have another boy. DH comes from a LONG line of boys and I just think that he probably just "shoots boys" So, I'm counting on being a mom of boys. We'd both be happy with either this time. It's early too, but it seems to be a similar pregnancy to last time.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:31 PM

I have a feeling it's a boy. Maybe because that's what the Chinese gender calendar predicts (hey - it was right with dd!).

Kate, mom to 7 year old Djuna and 4 yr old Alden. Missing our good friend Hal the cat who died June 2, 2010

Old 01-29-2007, 11:50 PM

I'm thinking boy...this pregnancy so far has been exactly the same as my last. (I know that doesn't really matter though). And ever since I had my DS, I've just felt like I was supposed to be a Mama to all boys. I love having a boy, he's so much fun. I just feel like I'm supposed to be a boy Mama

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

Old 01-29-2007, 11:52 PM

I don't have a for sure feeling but I have a little bit of a girl suspicion. I don't know why. Maybe it's because this pregnancy feels different than my son's. And whenever I talk to my husband about "the baby" I think of it as feminine.

Alia + Brian proud parents to Rowan (9/8/04) Lila (9/3/07) and Rhys (6/11/10)
Old 01-30-2007, 12:58 AM

I have no ideas or feelings yet. I have barely settled in with the fact that I am gonna actually have another child. It is weird.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:03 AM

I'm def. sensing girl. I knew with my son without a doubt by 9 weeks and I just "know" with this one.
As for chinese calendar, it says girl.

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:28 AM

I am thinking girl but I think I am wrong.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:08 AM

I don't have a "feeling" yet one way or the other. With DS, I had a strong feeling he was a boy and I was right. I don't think my feeling surfaced until late in the 1st trimester.

I've heard that if you dream about one gender, it will be the opposite, which was true for me. Despite my strong feelings it was a boy, I *always* dreamed I was having a girl (and sometimes kittens ). So far, no gender dreams for this one. I'm one of those people who puts a lot of stock in dreams, so as soon as I have my first gender dream, I will be posting excitedly to this thread.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:17 AM

I really don't know but I'm thinking it's a girl. I am having major food adversions just like I did with dd pg.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:45 AM

I had NO CLUE, no feelings, and no huntches with DS.

I have none this time either.

I think it's a boy b/c DS says, "brother" when asked if we're having a "brother" or "sister."

Scientific, eh?

Jodi -full time working wife to a SAH Papa; mama to my boys Breck (12/04), David (09/07), and Elliot (01/10); always remembering our loss, Jordyn Justine (09/06)

Old 01-30-2007, 02:51 AM

I'm thinking girl, because I had a girl dream the other night. But I thought DS was a girl, too.

Lacie, mama to Ethan (5), Logan (2), and Dylan, born 5/12/11!

Old 01-30-2007, 03:12 AM

I have NO idea!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 06:50 AM

I'm thinking girl, because I had a girl dream, and because I think of "her" all the time, and because my kids so far are boy, girl, boy - so it just seems logical that this one would be a girl
But really I'm not sure.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:58 AM

I'm pretty sure its a girl. Protobump is high and out- with Skye I carried high, with the boys I was low and sprawling. Less ms- I was dreadful with the boys, less so with dd, and I don't have any heartburn yet- generally a boy thing for me.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
No clue here, I'm assuming it's a boy though, b/c we already have 2 boys...But it really doesn't mean anything. I'm never really able to tell though, so I'm not surprised.

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:29 AM

I'm thinking girl.
The reason is because my pregnancy happened the exact same way it did with my last pg which resulted in a girl. I wasn't due to ovulate yet but we had sex one night and the next day I felt ovulation pain a few days earlier than when I typically ovulate. Also, I have a tilted uterus and I believe the heartier, female sperm are more apt to make it especially since I'm older. My last 2 have been girls.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:09 PM

Lol... I can't even begin to imagine what this child will be!
Old 01-30-2007, 12:13 PM

I think this is a boy because....

we dtd right at the time of O, probably within an hour or so...

my food adversions & cravings are completely different than with dd...

we've been feeling the presence of a little boy for a couple of years, I've had dreams where I could actually feel him-his little neck straining to hold up his head.

As far as dreaming the opposite of what you're going to have, that wasn't true w/dd... I kept dreaming it was a girl, the most vivid was that she was a pink monkey with curly hair.. and HEY! She IS a pink monkey w/curly hair! I was unsure of what we were having until I felt her head push through when she was changing positions & just *knew* it was a girl.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymammaof3 View Post
Also, I have a tilted uterus and I believe the heartier, female sperm are more apt to make it especially since I'm older.
I didn't know that about a tilted uterus! And mine is! Just add this to my other three reasons to think girl:
  • I ovulated 1-2 days after we BDed
  • I'm 32, and they say your chances of having a girl increase with age
  • When I told my aunt I was PG, she looked at me and declared, "It's a girl!"
I'm fully prepared to be wrong, though.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:25 PM

My DH, Mother, and Chinese Predictor all say girl...but based on those silly TTC gender selection rules, I think this is more likely to be a boy...I'm 99% sure that we concieved on the day of ovulation so I think there's a good chance that those faster swimming boys made it there first and beat out the girls.

Wife to Rich~ 8/16/03 Mom to Nathan~ 9/30/07

Old 01-30-2007, 08:37 PM

I think girl! Based on the Chinese lunar calendar and based on BD, which I think was at least 2 or 3 days before O. Plus I'd kinda prefer a girl... but I will also be very happy with a boy. But somehow, I just thought right away it was a girl. We'll see!
Old 01-30-2007, 10:48 PM

I keep calling this baby 'him,' though I think part of that is just because it's easier to say 'him' than 'him or her,' and it sounds a lot nicer than 'it.' I'd like to have a boy, but obviously I'd love a little girl just as much! I don't have a strong feeling one way or another...maybe a little more that it's a boy, but that could be just because I've been saying 'him.'
Old 01-31-2007, 12:38 PM

I have had 5 boys, so I am fully expecting to hear, its a boy!!!!!!! If they say its a girl, I will hve to keep looking and make sure they werent lying,lol. Count fingers, toes, and awe, thats it???
Old 01-31-2007, 05:57 PM

I think girl, but I don't really have a good reason for saying so. My midwife says boy. I guess one of us will be right! DH says he doesn't know.

User Tag List