I don't feel pregnant anymore - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 02-13-2007, 06:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 9 weeks along (LMP). Since Sunday I have not really felt pregnant anymore. I don't feel normal either - but my breasts aren't as full/sore, not really having m/s. I'm still very tired, very hungry - but things just feel...different.
I'm scared.:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 02-13-2007, 07:11 AM

Hey Momma. Just take a few deep breaths. Everyone's been there, and it stinks, but the truth of the matter is that everything is okay. Our brains play awful tricks on us! Do whatever you need to do to get some peace! My thoughts will be with you.

Living simply with the loves of my life! :::
#3 of 15 Old 02-13-2007, 10:22 AM

I could have posted exactly your words last week!

At about 8 weeks, I just stopped feeling pregnant. Completely. No more nausea, no more exhaustion, no more constipation, and my BBs weren't even sore anymore! It did have me a little freaked out. I kept thinking "I never did have a blood test, just POAS. Maybe I made all of it up! Maybe I'm not really pregnant! Or maybe something bad has happened to the babe!"

But then at 10 weeks, some of my symptoms came back. I've been semi-nauseous the past few days, had to take a few naps again, BBs are sore again (but not as bad as before). And I definitely know I am pregnant. No doubt about it.

I think it's going to just go in waves for a few weeks/months. I've read that, even though our bellies will look PG in the second trimester, a lot of us will loose all m/s and exhaustion, and will have to remind ourselves we're pregnant.

All is well, I'm sure. Cherish these days and weeks without the yucky symptoms!
#4 of 15 Old 02-13-2007, 12:17 PM

I'm 10.5 weeks and my morning sickness has gotten a lot better the last few days...I've actually been really happy!

I hope you are just having a short reprieve and everything is fine!

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#5 of 15 Old 02-13-2007, 01:45 PM

Hugs.

I am wondering how you are feeling a few hours later? Perhaps your symptoms will return with a vengence soon? I am 9w also and still haven't had my first appt. I really want hands off care but am now very anxious to hear the heartbeat. Perhaps calling to try and hear the baby's heart beat would be reassuring?

I hope you are feeling better soon.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#6 of 15 Old 02-13-2007, 03:10 PM

How are you doing now?

My mw warned me last week that I will probably get all upset and panicky when my sx start to lessen in a few weeks... (I told her about the boob-poking thing).

I remember panicking when I was pregnant with dd2 bc my boobs stopped hurting (around 7 weeks)... anyway, ran to the Dr for an ultrasound and she was totally fine in there. It was just one of those things.

Hope you're feeling better (I mean worse) real soon... :-)

ETA: I often feel less lousy on the weekend bc they're so BUSY around here... is it possible that you have just been too crazy-busy to notice symptoms?
#7 of 15 Old 02-13-2007, 03:17 PM

I've been there, too. Most likely it is nothing to worry about. Try to be thankful that you feel so good!

Dear hubby surf.gif, dd1 (8) dust.gif ds1 (5)hbac.gif and dd2 (NB) hbac.gif waterbirth.jpg

#8 of 15 Old 02-13-2007, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Hi all and thanks for the kind words.

symptoms did return with a vengeance this afternoon. I was gagging in the grocery store while trying to find something for dinner. So I immediately went a bought a chocolate milkshake! I've been really good about avoiding sugar but that sounded soooo good to me at that moment, so I went for it. It was a real one from an ice cream shop and it was yummy.
Now ds is nursing and it HURTS! So I guess everything is ok. I just don't remember this happening with my other pregnancies, but maybe I just forgot.
#9 of 15 Old 02-13-2007, 04:38 PM

It would be pretty cruel to say I'm glad your symptoms returned, but I am glad you're less worried! This pregnancy has been a roller coaster ride for me so far... I keep convincing myself something is terribly wrong. I didn't do this AT ALL the first time around! My sister, mom of 3, says that she got more this way with each pregnancy. She recommends tea and lots of deep breaths.
#10 of 15 Old 02-14-2007, 03:39 PM

I had such a serene feeling of well-being with my last pregnancy; I knew nothing was going to go wrong. Even when the OB thought my pregnancy wasn't thriving at 6 weeks. Even when my HCG levels came back and the doctor thought they were too low (they were in the low end of the normal range, sheesh.) Even when I had a bit of spotting at 13-14 weeks.
It's hard this time because I don't have that sense of well being and I'm really paranoid that something will go wrong this time.
#11 of 15 Old 02-15-2007, 04:01 PM

I'm sorry you were worried and happy your symptoms came back...which seems really wierd to be happy about. But if it makes you feel better, then I am glad. I personally LOVE the days when I don't feel pregnant. And wish I had more of them. So much nicer to wake up in the morning and not feel sick.

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#12 of 15 Old 02-15-2007, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Actually, the past few mornings I have not been hungry or sick at all in the morning. I have to wait a while before I can eat breakfast. Then the m/s hits about the time I have to make lunch. I have a couple of good hours in the afternoon, then feel sick when I have to make dinner. blah. I am looking forward to the m/s being gone, it just seemed too early for that to happen. With my other pregs it went away around the 12 week mark.
#13 of 15 Old 02-15-2007, 09:53 PM

Symptoms are so strange! I've barely had any! Just some evenings when not much looked good, some breast soreness and going to bed around 9:30pm, until about last week. I was getting anxious that things weren't going ok, until I had an ultrasound this week and saw a healthy baby with a nice, strong heartbeat.

I'm glad you're feeling more confident, now. Worrying is the worst!!
#14 of 15 Old 02-15-2007, 10:16 PM

I am with you guys in the symptoms going back and forth. I didn't think about it much with my first pregnancy, I wasn't worried. This pregnancy I'm analyzing everything. Week 6 and 7 were rough. Then I really didn't have any symptoms week 8 and 9. Now with week 10 they are really at their peak. Well, I should say I hope this is as bad as they get:-)

~Debra, wife to the best DH, Nuno (9/98). Blessed SAHM momma to DS Diogo (3/04), DS Cruz (9/07) and DD Beatriz 2/2/11!!  

Welcome Beatriz!! - http://web.me.com/ng0/Beatriz/Posts/Posts.html
#15 of 15 Old 02-18-2007, 10:13 PM

OK, well it's my turn now.
I have been very sick for over 2 weeks now. But today I've been feeling much better. I was feeling sick this morning, but ate some olives and felt better. So much so that I went and bought more b/c I'd thought I'd found the magic cure.
But now my breasts aren't *AS* sensitive. I just don't know what to think.
It's after 7 and I'm feeling a bit tired, but honestly don't know what to think. This thread has made me feel a bit better though.
It's just so wierd when you can feel so sick and then feel so much better for the better part of the day.

I have an ultrasound on tuesday morning. I had been excited about it and now I'm nervous.
AAAGH!

ETA: I have been awake since 4:00 this morning. I have convinced myself that it is done. My BB are squishy, my belly is no longer feeling full, my nausea is almost gone too-like what it was prior to week 5. A bit irritating but completely tolerable.
My nipples are still sensitive, but NOTHING like on Sat. In fact nothing feels like it did on Sat.
I'll try to get in for my ultrasound today. *SIGH*

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page