Chat Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 88 Old 03-22-2007, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I've had dreams too where I realize, oh, I've totally forgotten to ever breastfeed!, or some other nonsense. I don't think it matters; I have teaching anxiety dreams all the time, esp before the start of a semester (oh cheese! here I am in front of the class and I totally forgot to prepare anything! also I forgot to put on a shirt!) but they've never signified any actual unpreparedness on my part, you know? It's just my brain burning off steam.

As for the gender thing; I've wondered this too. I usually find that in my dreams any babies are of indeterminate gender, but then I usually realize they're girls. However, since I am sort of hoping for a girl, it feels less like intuition, and more like my "conscious" brain filling in. It'll be interesting to see how the dreams match up... Since you actually dream of giving birth to a girl, maybe that is intuition!
#62 of 88 Old 03-27-2007, 01:53 PM

Minnow--thanks so much for asking how I was feeling! I am feeling better, and as it turns out it was a bad case of the stomach flu. Dh came home with dd and she was throwing up, so the whole family just felt awful. Dh had already been sick, but it was hard on him watching the baby throw up for the first time...and hard on me as well. I am still having headaches, and have been flaking on work too...I feel totally guilty! I know its because I can't do it and that my body is telling me I need to take a break, but I have almost no leave left and am worried about maternity leave and how we are going to make that work!

Right after I found out I was pregnant, we decided to nightwean dd, sop that I could get more rest, which worked for aobut 4 weeks. Now we seem to be back in the up every 30 minutes routine, and near as I cna tell she isn't teething or anything, so I am totally : as to why. And of course, lack of sleep does not help nausea or the headache!

As for the dreams...I have had absurd dreams. I have dreamt that my mom induced me at 26 weeks, that I had a boy (before we knew we were having a boy) at home, and that I wouldn't birth the placenta so I had to beg my mom to take me in. We got to the hospital, left the baby in the car and were in there for hours. My mom forgot all about the baby andhe was blue and starving, but latched on and nursed beautifully and started getting his vigor back. Totally absurd! I had dreams of neglect with dd too...not sure what they meant, but I have yet to forget about her while awake !

I promise to come here sometime when things are going well! Its not always this way!
#63 of 88 Old 03-27-2007, 10:26 PM

Is it just me or does it seem like the majority of us are having diff. pregnancies, what with illnesses and stuff all the time? Maybe it's b/c we were in our first trimesters still in winter when so many bugs go around; do you think?

Sabo- I meant to get back to you about the dreams a long time ago! Usually I can interpert dreams somewhat (if they are not my own), but honestly yours are so wacky I'm not even sure where to begin! Do you keep having them?

Forestrymom- Don't feel bad. I don't feel like you are complaining or anything. I think alot of us have had it rough this time. Its the perfect place to come share!

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#64 of 88 Old 03-27-2007, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~minnow~ View Post
So there's a wisdom teeth story?
Heh, yeah. Two weeks ago I spent the whole night awake DYING in pain from my wisdom tooth... it was to the point where I was asking DH to knock me out with the cast iron skillet The pain was SO far beyond labor & delivery, never experienced anything like it!

Anyway, went to the oral surgen refered by my dentist, they refused to treat me because I don't have an OB, and a midwife wasn't good enough for them.

Thankfully my tooth stopped hurting so I went home.

(Oh, and let's not forget that my granny called the oral surgen's office to make sure her credit card went through for the payment and they told her ALL about my visit including the fact that I am pregnant, nice. Way to ruin the surprise!)

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
#65 of 88 Old 03-27-2007, 10:38 PM

I've been having dreams that the baby comes out and obviously isn't DH's baby. (Like as in the wrong race) Which if you knew me is pretty funny, I don't know that I've even carried on a meaningful conversation with a man besides DH in a couple of years

I also had a mw appointment on Saturday. We verfied the fact that I was feeling movement (felt and heard the baby kick at the same time with the doppler) good heartbeat... etc. DS was scared to death of the doppler, he kept trying to push it off my stomach... poor guy.

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
#66 of 88 Old 03-28-2007, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by takebirthback View Post
Is it just me or does it seem like the majority of us are having diff. pregnancies, what with illnesses and stuff all the time? Maybe it's b/c we were in our first trimesters still in winter when so many bugs go around; do you think?
I hope this is the reason and that it will get better soon! I do not usually catch every little bug but the first trimester was terrible for me. Now I would enjoy a few good weeks before seasonal allergies kick in. Given all the flower blooming and lawn mowing already happening around here I doubt it. I had better just enjoy a beautiful spring before the heat of summer arrives.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#67 of 88 Old 03-28-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisie125 View Post
DS was scared to death of the doppler, he kept trying to push it off my stomach... poor guy.
Dd is petrified of it too...she screams and cries and swipes at it. Wondering how she will take to the delivery...bums me out in a way.

And what am I gonna do about this headache? Still here...
#68 of 88 Old 03-29-2007, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisie125 View Post
(Oh, and let's not forget that my granny called the oral surgen's office to make sure her credit card went through for the payment and they told her ALL about my visit including the fact that I am pregnant, nice. Way to ruin the surprise!)
Wow. They could get into HUGE trouble from HIPPA violations. I'm thinking you could sue them for a mint. But I'd at least call and rant and point out the HIPPA and privacy violations so that they NEVER do something about that again. I'd talk to the oral surgeon and office manager. That is SO unacceptable. Also you need to educate them that a midwife has the same training as an OB just not surgical training. Equate it to using a Dentist or and Oral Surgeon for a filling, maybe then they'd get it.

Katie, mama to Katherine 21, Christian 19, Johannah 17, Nicholas 12, Genevieve 10, Matthew 7, Andrew 11/16/09 10#6oz home waterbirth and madly in love with my husband, Scott
#69 of 88 Old 03-29-2007, 06:49 PM

Well, I wanted to come and post my good news! I finally called my mw this morning becuase I have had to leave work early 2 days in a row becuase of headaches, and at least one day last week. They are so much worse than they got with dd. I thought I remembered being over the headaches when I got into the 2nd trimester, but she told me weeks 14-18 are the worst for headaches, because estrogen production is prominent, and estrogen causes headaches. Anyway, I asked her what I could take, becuase I have been taking Tylenol (never took anything with dd, and feeling totally guilty, but I haven't been functioning) and its not working. She told me they could presribe something with a mild relaxant, tylenol and caffeine (can't remember the name) but that I could also have a cup of coffee and tylenol with lunch and see if that curbed it. I cut caffeine out whenI found out I was pregnant, but didn't start getting headaches until 3 weeks ago. I tried it and I am headache free for the first time in 3 weeks, literally! She told me one small cup in the am and one at lunch were totally fine--but not to "abuse" it. Oh, the relief!
#70 of 88 Old 03-29-2007, 06:51 PM

forestrymom - so glad you found some relief!

Kate, mom to 7 year old Djuna and 4 yr old Alden. Missing our good friend Hal the cat who died June 2, 2010

#71 of 88 Old 03-29-2007, 07:06 PM

:
#72 of 88 Old 03-29-2007, 08:49 PM

My chat blurb for today...

Tomorrow (Friday) is my 16 week appointment.

I plan on asking a question relating to a movement disorder I have had ever since 7th grade... first diagnosised as focal seizures then as Paroxysmal kinesigenic (action-induced) dyskinesia (PKD). I use to take Carbamazepine 3 pills 3 times a day over the years we have lessened the amount in an effort to have a healthy pregnancy. I was down to one pill as needed (usually ever couple weeks) BUT AMAZINGLY ever since this pregnancy and stopping the medication entirely the movement disorder has stopped! I think now that maybe it was more hormone related. I am just amazed that they have stopped 100% and I am taking no medication! I'm sure my Dr. will just say our bodies are amazing things when they are creating amazing lil' things and leave it at that. I still think it's crazy that they just stopped 100%! I love it! FREEDOM!!! This baby is special! I can't wait to tell it someday what gift it gave me durring it's pregnancy even if the movement disorder comes back later on.

Oh this baby also loves GRAPEFRUIT and popsicles right now.
#73 of 88 Old 03-29-2007, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewaggonerfamily View Post
Wow. They could get into HUGE trouble from HIPPA violations. I'm thinking you could sue them for a mint. But I'd at least call and rant and point out the HIPPA and privacy violations so that they NEVER do something about that again. I'd talk to the oral surgeon and office manager. That is SO unacceptable. Also you need to educate them that a midwife has the same training as an OB just not surgical training. Equate it to using a Dentist or and Oral Surgeon for a filling, maybe then they'd get it.
Oh, I know, I just didn't feel like dealing with the office again. the Oral Surgeon treated me like I was a 14 year old drug addict when I asked what I could do for the pain.

Honestly, I HOPE they do it to someone else who has the time energy & means to sue.

#74 of 88 Old 03-29-2007, 10:11 PM

Forestrymom, I am so glad you are feeling better and found a solution you can live with.

Isn't it amazing what our bodies do during pregnancy? I love that you are not having to take your medication during right now Throwabouy.

Sadly, I am having the opposite luck. I have photo-reactive hives. It boils down to an allergic reaction to the sun. It is pretty bad. If I take the garbage out early am w/o protection they show up so it doesn't take much sun. Right now they are are on my neck, chest, back and beginning to appear on my arms. I have been told so many things: sunscreen (helps prevent), high dose topical steroids (scares me right now but helped in the past), daily antihistamine (haven't tried yet, worried about daily med while preg/nursing even when I am told it is safe), stay inside (try telling my family). They itch! I only sought treatment in the past because they got infected. Right now I am using calendula without much luck. Ideas?

#75 of 88 Old 03-30-2007, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestrymom View Post
She told me they could presribe something with a mild relaxant, tylenol and caffeine (can't remember the name) but that I could also have a cup of coffee and tylenol with lunch and see if that curbed it. I cut caffeine out whenI found out I was pregnant, but didn't start getting headaches until 3 weeks ago. I tried it and I am headache free for the first time in 3 weeks, literally!
When I get bad headaches and migraines, that is the best relief. Lavender oil helps a little. So glad you are now headache free.

takebirthback: Since last I posted, I had two more dreams. I can't remember the first, except that it was a girl and in the second I gave birth in my family's town, about 1 1/2 hrs away and then left my mom to watch our little girl for a couple of days right after while I went back home. DH and I had just bought a house and found a plaza in our new town that had a Kissaluvs diaper shop. We were also looking for an infant car seat, but the store didn't have any.

Later, I had a dream about a new candy. Don't get excited; it was disgusting . . . chocolate-filled Skittles. Yuck!!

In real life news, dh and I are going to Belgium next week and right after we get back, the 20 week ultrasound. So excited. I get to gorge myself on Belgian chocolate while my dh discovers new beers and then a week later, we get to see our baby for the first time!
#76 of 88 Old 03-30-2007, 01:46 PM

so i keep having dreams that dh is either cheating on me or leaving me. i know it's a whole security and vulnerability thing since the pregnancy. the strangest part is that he would never ever. i mean, this guy is golden when it comes to that. he would never even look at another woman, let alone hurt me like that. and yet, these dreams keep coming!

oh, and last week, i dreamt that i gave birth to a tea bag.

where is my mind?:

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
#77 of 88 Old 03-30-2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabo View Post

In real life news, dh and I are going to Belgium next week and right after we get back, the 20 week ultrasound. So excited. I get to gorge myself on Belgian chocolate while my dh discovers new beers and then a week later, we get to see our baby for the first time!
we get to go to ireland directly after our 20 week ultrasound! we're so excited. dh was born and raised in dublin, and we're actually going for a wedding. i'm just so excited to see his family and our friends again with a little belly on me! midwife said that it was the perfect time for me to take a trip.

#78 of 88 Old 03-30-2007, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanbh View Post

What was that like? Was it RRL tea?

#79 of 88 Old 03-31-2007, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanbh View Post
It made my dh laugh too.
#80 of 88 Old 03-31-2007, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestrymom View Post
I tried it and I am headache free for the first time in 3 weeks, literally! She told me one small cup in the am and one at lunch were totally fine--but not to "abuse" it. Oh, the relief!
Glad you found something... this is one of the main reasons I haven't given up coffee I don't drink a ton, but I hate headaches!
#81 of 88 Old 03-31-2007, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
What was that like? Was it RRL tea?
it was a bag of Barry's tea... relishing my days of caffeine in Ireland I suppose! I should be glad my placenta wasn't a scone, I suppose!

#82 of 88 Old 03-31-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabo View Post
It made my dh laugh too.
dh could not stop laughing at me the next morning. i talk in my sleep, and apparently i was ranting about how we needed to get a taxi because i was in labor and it was raining... well, water to a tea bag, ya know?

#83 of 88 Old 03-31-2007, 09:19 PM

Y'all are so funny. Those are some crazy dreams. At first I was having sex dreams like every night! Those have died down..(unfortunatly!)

Leahbh- I am from Boulder CO, born and raised. Where in Denver do you live? I'd like to move back, but dh doesn't seem interested in living in CO. He won't really say why?

Well I've begun a pregnancy crying jag. I knew they said woman cry easily during pregnancy, but I didn't last time or this time, up till now. Last pregnancy it was like I stayed pissed off all the time. I was the really angry pregnant woman. But this one mood wise I've stayed pretty even keeled. Until now. I really am doing that crying at everything including commercial thing. It is so ridiculous. I don't let dh see though, he'd prob. make fun of me! Yeah, he's sensitive like that! NOT!
Anyone else crying all day?

#84 of 88 Old 03-31-2007, 10:03 PM

takebirthback - I am normally a pretty emotional person, but it is SO much worse during pregnancy! My DH teases me, too. Mostly good-naturedly, but it still pisses me off. :

Hey - I saw the Aug 07 DDC does a weekly chat thread. Do ya'll wanna do something like that?! I love hanging out and reading what everyone has going on. Might be more manageable in a weekly thread . . . Just a thought!

Megan - SortaCrunchy mama to blahblah.gif Dacey (7) and energy.gif Aliza Joy (5). Expecting mo-di twin boys baby.gifbaby.gif February 2013!

#85 of 88 Old 03-31-2007, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daceysmomma View Post
Hey - I saw the Aug 07 DDC does a weekly chat thread. Do ya'll wanna do something like that?! I love hanging out and reading what everyone has going on. Might be more manageable in a weekly thread . . . Just a thought!
Great idea! Do you want to start the new one tomorrow or Monday? It'll float around. We'll all wake up on Mondays and race over to the computer to start it. Those of you in Europe will have the best chances being 6 or more hours ahead of most of us.

The crying over everything is driving me crazy. At least I am alternanting it with anger. You never know what you'll get here.

#86 of 88 Old 03-31-2007, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post

The crying over everything is driving me crazy. At least I am alternanting it with anger. You never know what you'll get here.
Haha, me! me! I'm a nut, I swear... I didn't even realize it was me until a day or so ago... I just thought my dh started being really selfish & thoughtless all of the time, and dd, too... and the ILs ... then it kept happening even when I had an afternoon to myself and I realized I was just this ball of negativity and would lash out at anything in my space (like the laundry drying rack, the soap dispenser, the screen door ) Ohhhh, my. It's been happening for over a week, I hope this doesn't stay with me! The crying has it's sweetness- and it can usually be hidden... but this hostility! Too bad I can't go somewhere allllllllll alone to ride this one out(that sounds so dreamy, doesn't it?) . ANYhow, I need to learn to manage it.

daceysmomma~ good idea!
#87 of 88 Old 04-01-2007, 09:52 PM

well last time I got so pissed at one point, (I don't even remember why) that I threw my cordless phone against a wall busted it and then continued to beat the sh!! out of it by stomping on it and throwing it around some more. It was the only working phone we had and we couldn't even afford a new one for awhile, so that was REALLY stupid of me!! But I was really really mad! LMAO!
My dh came home and I told him and said not to bother me about it or he'd get it next and you know what?? He was so great. He never said a thing. But in this pregnancy he has asked me to leave the phone alone!

The other I wanted to share today was that I just finally told my dh that I would be eating the placenta. We did not do this last time and I didn't really know much about it. Also dh is not crunchy like me. So it did not go over well with him. He tried to tell me no way and I was like, "you can't stop me!"
He's over it already, but it really freaked him out when I first said it. Kinda funny actually!

#88 of 88 Old 04-02-2007, 11:46 AM

I'm feeling pretty good. Less stressed about baby and more stressed about preparing for baby! I head back to Massage Therapy school in May and have my BABY SHOWER soon after!

My M/S is gone for the most part, just hungry all the time and if I don't eat right away, I get sick...like most pg women on here.

Beginning to stretch and needing more excercise and water...my goal for the week is to hydrate hydrate hydrate and excercise so I feel better.

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page