Chat Thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 88 Old 03-14-2007, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey ladies. What's everyone up to? How's everyone feeling?
#2 of 88 Old 03-14-2007, 01:32 PM

Doing good. And yourself? I just had the first person who didn't know that I am pregnant notice that I am looking pregnant, not just fat. That's kind of cool.
#3 of 88 Old 03-14-2007, 02:06 PM

Right now, I'm just fat. :-(
Looking forward to being recognizably pregnant, not just marginally bulgier than usual. :-)))
#4 of 88 Old 03-14-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go4it View Post
Right now, I'm just fat. :-(
Looking forward to being recognizably pregnant, not just marginally bulgier than usual. :-)))
me, too!!

I'm getting bursts of energy. Mmmmmmmmm, love me some energy!
WHEN I have it, still fighting gravity 75% of the time.
#5 of 88 Old 03-14-2007, 03:40 PM

Great thead!

I am finally feeling a bit better!! This time last week I still had very bad m/s.

I had my 3rd appointment today! Hurray! We heard the heart beat and scheduled our u/s for April 19 (we are finding out the gender).

I am starting to show a bit as well!!

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#6 of 88 Old 03-14-2007, 05:55 PM

I am feeling kind of surreal right now...like is there really a babe in there??? My energy level is coming back up...and MS has almost totally gone, but wasn't that bad to start with...luckily. I am still having to go to the bathroom about 3-4 times in the middle of the night.

Something new is the ravenous hunger...I am a first time mom-to-be so this is all new to me. When the hunger strikes...I have about 5-10 minutes before I start to feel light-headed.

Other then that thing are great...how is everyone else?

Michelle Mama to Lucy 9/07
"Seek the wisdom of the ages but, look at the world through the eyes of a child" Ron Wild
#7 of 88 Old 03-14-2007, 06:09 PM

I'm doing good. Really looking forward to the 2nd M/W appointment on Friday. Starting to freak out a bit about maternity leave...

Jodi -full time working wife to a SAH Papa; mama to my boys Breck (12/04), David (09/07), and Elliot (01/10); always remembering our loss, Jordyn Justine (09/06)

#8 of 88 Old 03-14-2007, 06:41 PM

I am starting to feel a little better, but I am still pretty tired and slightly naseous. I am glad that the scary Nuchal fold test is over. That was a big milestone mark for me since they didn't have that test when my daughter was born.
#9 of 88 Old 03-14-2007, 07:22 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm surprised that I'm not feeling better. When I was pg with dd the nausea really started getting better around 10 wks, and by 12 wks it was gone. This time around it hit even worse around 11 wks and I'm still feeling yuck. Can't wait for the 2nd tri to work it's magic!

Kate, mom to 7 year old Djuna and 4 yr old Alden. Missing our good friend Hal the cat who died June 2, 2010

#10 of 88 Old 03-14-2007, 08:17 PM

I'm feeling pretty good. I'm 13 weeks today. Energy is somewhat back. I haven't felt nauseous in a week or so. When hunger strikes I need to eat pretty quickly too. I'm also still going to the bathroom ALL night long. Nipples are sore too. I feel pretty good so I can't complain!
#11 of 88 Old 03-15-2007, 08:54 AM

I'm at 13 weeks. I feel pretty good, especially since we've been having gorgeous spring weather and I have been going on lots of walks. Yesterday we took 2 long walks and I was so tired last night - but in a good way. The kids went to bed early too.
The nausea is pretty much gone, as long as I avoid milk and eat as soon as I get hungry. I am also peeing a lot, and have sore breasts.
#12 of 88 Old 03-15-2007, 10:10 AM

I'm finally feeling some m/s relief and hit the 14 week mark today. I've had a horrible head cold and sinus infection that has put my asthma into high gear so I ended up being put on a week of prednisone and antibiotics. I HATE normal Western medicine but during pregnancy my asthma takes on a life of it's own and the sinuses got to the point where I could no longer chew because my teeth were in pain. Sorry for whining. I'm going to buy my MegaFlora today. I am just so wanting to feel healthy and energetic... and enjoy food.
#13 of 88 Old 03-15-2007, 12:09 PM

11w5d here. Feeling MUCH better (well, except for my wisdom teeth, but that's another story ) The m/s is long gone, the energy is back, and now I'm entering the point in pregnancy where I freak out for the next month or so until I feel the baby move regurarly

My next mw appointment is a week from Saturday... I'm excited, as long as we hear the heartbeat that day (which I fully expect to, we heard it at 9w2d!) we are announcing the news to our families later that day at DS's first birthday party!

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
#14 of 88 Old 03-15-2007, 02:31 PM

I am 12W2D and due on Sept. 25. Right now, I am just dying to look pregnant and not fat. Maternity is WAY too big for me, but my clothes all make me look fat. My husband is considerably taller, so it's not like I can steal his button-downs and not look like a clown (but his sweaters are fair game). I just want SOMETHING to fit properly.
#15 of 88 Old 03-15-2007, 03:11 PM

I will be 14 weeks tomorrow. I think I am finally starting to feel better. I am not nauseous 24/7 only occasionally. I haven't thrown up in 3 or 4 days so that is great. I am absolutely exhausted but I haven't been sleeping well at night so it's understandable. I don't quite look pregnant yet but I think that will happen very soon. I love feeling the baby move and I got my first baby item and that was fun, a tummy tub. I don't need much of anything which isn't helping my shopping desire. I am so glad it is nice and sunny here, it has made things so much better.
Wendi
#16 of 88 Old 03-15-2007, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

I feel pretty good right now this moment, but the last week was crazy! Right around week 11 it started hardcore with the on-schedule puking. (I'm at twelve weeks, one or two days right now.) Every morning, and at least once every afternoon. Yesterday I puked in a graveyard under gathering storm clouds; that was kind of fun.

It's spring break and instead of catching up on grading and school work, Dh and I have been having one long weekend. We get up at 9 or 10 or even later. Sometimes we watch anime in the morning (our "cartoons"). We don't get around to showering until late afternoon. I went jogging twice this week (!). It's been nice, but I dread next week! I can no longer laze around, and plus I'll have soooo much work to catch up on. Really hoping the nausea eases off at least a bit by then. I have to get my dissertation proposal passed soon. Wish me luck! I have not wanted to look at it for two weeks.

On a side note, it's our second wedding anniversary today. Two years ago during spring break, we eloped to Vegas
#17 of 88 Old 03-15-2007, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~minnow~ View Post
On a side note, it's our second wedding anniversary today. Two years ago during spring break, we eloped to Vegas
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!
#18 of 88 Old 03-15-2007, 08:12 PM

I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow too! I think I am feeling a bit better finally now too- well at least it's not 24/7 nausea anymore! Now it just comes and goes. We had a sneak of warm weather the other day (70 degrees!) It was so great!! I even went for a nice walk with my hubby and dog! Great progress considering my norm has been coming home from work and lying in bed.

Oh-- and my birthday is this weekend! I signed us up for a couples pregnancy massage class.
#19 of 88 Old 03-15-2007, 11:37 PM

throwabouy! we have the same due date! woohoo!

As for me, I'm feeling pretty good...but I never really had morning sickness (i'm sorry, please don't throw things!) However, my super smelling pregnancy super power has shown itself again(same as first pregnancy)...and the smell of coffee is the WORST!...which is a little ironic...my dh and I run a coffee shop:
#20 of 88 Old 03-16-2007, 04:16 AM

I'm 16 weeks now, and am anxiously awaiting the obvious baby movement. You'd think that being a student midwife I'd be more confident that everything is fine -- no dice. I lie awake begging babe to kick me HARD. Of course, in a couple of months I'll be complaining that I'm tired of being kicked so hard!

Living simply with the loves of my life! :::
#21 of 88 Old 03-16-2007, 12:58 PM

13 Weeks today....Yeah!! Feeling pretty good. I am fighting random bouts of MS. But I really think the heartburn is gonna do me in. I keep thinking if I can just pinpoint the foods that are causing it....then I can avoid it. Nope...

Michelle Mama to Lucy 9/07
"Seek the wisdom of the ages but, look at the world through the eyes of a child" Ron Wild
#22 of 88 Old 03-16-2007, 05:49 PM

I can't believe we're all in the sec. trimester...or almost right there. I'll be 13 weeks on Monday and feel so much better physically. I'm starting to feel a little more connected to this pregnancy too which is a relief. I think it's b/c the uterus and baby are big enough now that I can tell that I should sit certain ways or I'm squishing her. Like all curled up in fetal doesn't feel right anymore. I can gratefully still sleep on my back and stomach though, but I can tell it won't be long But I plan on getting a great pregnancy pillow this time around. Maybe even one of those ones that goes all the way round your entire body so no matter which way you flop there's a pillow and your comfy.
Okay...it's said chat thread...Did I chat enough yet?

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#23 of 88 Old 03-16-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by takebirthback View Post
But I plan on getting a great pregnancy pillow this time around. Maybe even one of those ones that goes all the way round your entire body so no matter which way you flop there's a pillow and your comfy.
This sounds heavenly. I've slept only a night or two away from my body pillow since I bought it almost 4 years ago... yeesh, need a new pillow! This would be perfect for pregnancy, I'd have to get another regular body pillow once the nursling gets here... but for now, ahhhh, tummy support.
#24 of 88 Old 03-16-2007, 07:33 PM

I have a boppy pregnancy wedge pillow. I am not sure yet if I love it or not. It is helping somewhat as far as "wedging" my belly up a bit. We'll see.

Hey Gracious! Yeah that is cool we have the same due dates.

I had a mc exactly a year ago today. So today is a bit odd for me. On the one hand I am so happy that this pregnancy is going so well and I am starting to feel a bit of energy! Oh and my baby belly is showing now too. On the other hand I worry and hope all will keep going well.
#25 of 88 Old 03-16-2007, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter

I have lots of specific replies I want to make to people, but they'll have to wait. Man, curry + sex on our anniversary turned out to be... painful. I have spent the entire day throwing up everything I take in. Was terrified this morning that I'd have to hospitalized for deyhydration (what can I say, I'm a worrier) but in Aviva Jill Romm's book I found a recipe for rehydration formula and this promise: "Even if you vomit it up, you'll still get some." Okay lady. I'm gonna trust you on that one. So that's what I'm doing. Puke, sip. Munch granola. Puke. More sip. Rest. Try soup. Puke. More sip.

I'm hanging in there, but if tomorrow is like today, the next step to stave off hospitalization is "nutritive enema." Yum.

I'm tempted to feel like a failure for being sicker than anyone I know has been. But maybe I'm just lucky, and this is the universe helping me gently to learn about submitting utterly to my body with no control whatever, grades due on Monday be damned.

Keep chatting! It helps.
#26 of 88 Old 03-17-2007, 10:16 AM

minnow, I'm sorry your aniversary didn't turn out quite as planned. I hope you feel better soon.

I am feeling pretty good today. Yesterday I was exhausted. I think I overdid it with the long walks (and hauling my 3yo who refuses to walk and heavy groceries up our big hill). Plus said 3yo has been waking up at least twice a night...

Unfortunately our beautiful spring weather has gone away. We have rain, snow, sleet and highs in the 30s in the forecast for next week - the very week that my father is coming to visit from the US. Oh well. It will be nice to see him anyway.

Other good news is that I am getting our house declutterd and cleaned. I've even managed to get DH on board, although I still can't convince him to give away the 4 pairs of shoes that he has worn only a couple of times in the past 10 years, or any of his 30 or so t-shirts. sigh.
#27 of 88 Old 03-17-2007, 08:10 PM

I keep forgetting to check into this ddc!! Bad me!

I'm 16 weeks tomorrow, feeling great. I still just look like I have a tiny potbelly, most people have no idea I'm pregnant unless I tell them. Most of the people in my department at work know now, I'm glad it's out in the open. I have my third prenatal appt on Wednesday and have a TON of questions -- about registering for childbirth classes, preregistering with the hospital, and scheduling the big u/s. I'm so excited to hopefully find out if this is a he or she baby!!! For me, that will just make it so much more real.

AND I'm super excited to start feeling movements soon!
#28 of 88 Old 03-17-2007, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Leopard View Post
minnow, I'm sorry your aniversary didn't turn out quite as planned. I hope you feel better soon.

I am feeling pretty good today. Yesterday I was exhausted. I think I overdid it with the long walks (and hauling my 3yo who refuses to walk and heavy groceries up our big hill). Plus said 3yo has been waking up at least twice a night...

Unfortunately our beautiful spring weather has gone away. We have rain, snow, sleet and highs in the 30s in the forecast for next week - the very week that my father is coming to visit from the US. Oh well. It will be nice to see him anyway.

Other good news is that I am getting our house declutterd and cleaned. I've even managed to get DH on board, although I still can't convince him to give away the 4 pairs of shoes that he has worn only a couple of times in the past 10 years, or any of his 30 or so t-shirts. sigh.
Lol about your dh and shoes/clothes. I have to just go thru my dh's without telling him and get rid of what I know he doesn't wear. If I ask he can't seem to part with anything. So eventually I spring clean his closet and drawers (gotta get the grungy socks and boxers too) and I always feel sooo much better!!! He never notices btw, so he never misses it. you should try it.

#29 of 88 Old 03-17-2007, 10:42 PM

I bought my pillow on line tonight. I wish it could be here right now just cuz it's sounds so cozy. I went the very expensive route b/c I just decided that I was worth it this time around! It is a big U and goes all the way around my body as well as has a pocket for the heat insert it comes with. I'm telling you this thing is deluxe. It was on sale and free shipping right now. It was still expensive but for right this minute I don't care. I just know I'm going to love it!!

#30 of 88 Old 03-17-2007, 10:44 PM

Jamie~ PM me a link to this heavenly sounding pillow!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page