braxton hicks anyone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 03-25-2007, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been noticing I have been having BH contractions already, for a few weeks now. With my first pregnancy, I didn't notice them at all til my midwife pointed it out at about 36 weeks and said, "well, you're having one now!" (Aha moment for me!) Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has been feeling them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 03-26-2007, 02:15 PM

I am 15 weeks and have been feeling them for a couple weeks. Sometimes my whole belly gets really hard. I had bh's throughout both my last two pregnancies and they got really intense at some points. Seems like this one is going to follow suit with lots of bh's.
Wendi
#3 of 11 Old 03-26-2007, 03:29 PM

I feel like I've been feeling a few. It kind of unnerves me because my son came early and I was experiencing a lot of them but they didn't start until around 20 weeks. But I also have to realize that he had health problems going on so that could have been the reason he came early. It's that familiar tightening feeling that I feel though.
#4 of 11 Old 03-26-2007, 04:03 PM

I started having them last week and found them a bit unnerving. I had them a ton with my first pregnancy as well and probably didn't even know I was in early labor because by the end of my pregnancy I couldn't tell the difference. I read that they can be exacerbated by dehydration so I started adhereing to the recommended 8 glasses of water a day. Not sure if it is coincidence or what but they have almost disappeared.
#5 of 11 Old 03-27-2007, 04:36 PM

Oh, thank goodness. I'd been feeling them on and off for the last week or so, and was worried what that meant for the babe, since I didn't know what they were. BH makes sense though, especially since I've been a bit dehydrated lately.

Lyrelle
#6 of 11 Old 04-06-2007, 04:12 PM

I was surprised that I am feeling lots of bh's for the past few days. I am 18 wks today. Sometimes they get quite uncomfortable but they do go away if I lay down for a while. (When does laying down happen with a 4yo and a 19 mo?) I have been drinking tons but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I am trying not to stress about it. My next mw appointment is Monday and I am hoping that will be reassuring.
#7 of 11 Old 04-07-2007, 02:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've been feeling them off and on for a few weeks. I notice them more in the morning before I get up, and at that point it feels like my uterus is extra high, too, though I'm guessing that has something to do with a full bladder pushing it up? Anyhow, my MW doesn't seem to think it's weird - the uterus is just "exercising" now! But I don't have a lot through the day, when I'm drinking water, so it certainly may be an issue of hydration, etc.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#8 of 11 Old 04-08-2007, 12:00 AM

I bh after I have nursed. It was that way with my baby #2. This is the 2nd pregancy I have nursed through. After the first I said I would never do it again. I guess never say never.
#9 of 11 Old 04-08-2007, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenMT View Post
I started having them last week and found them a bit unnerving. I had them a ton with my first pregnancy as well and probably didn't even know I was in early labor because by the end of my pregnancy I couldn't tell the difference. I read that they can be exacerbated by dehydration so I started adhereing to the recommended 8 glasses of water a day. Not sure if it is coincidence or what but they have almost disappeared.
Same thing here. I was sure I had some contractions but brushed it off as bad bloating/indigestion. The next day my midwife and I were chatting about my friend having early labor due to a bad UTI and she said something about dehydration causing most early labors whether directly or by encouraging a UTI. I figured more water sure wouldn't hurt and have not had one contraction since!

Traveling mama to DS (2) my nature boy :
#10 of 11 Old 04-08-2007, 08:43 PM

I have been feeling them since fairly early on, but I was prepared for this b/c my mw told me I might. So it is not worrying me at all and I hope your fears can be eased as well. I think it is very normal with each pregnancy to feel them earlier then the one before. For one thing you know what they feel like the sec. and third time around. That is def. true for me. Also I am one that has also been feeling them after nursing.

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#11 of 11 Old 04-10-2007, 01:24 AM

How can you tell if they are BH's? I think I may have had a few, but I just thought the baby was stretching it's legs out and holding them.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page