It hurt SO bad . . . what was it? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-31-2007, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yesterday afternoon, I went to the bathroom and then as I got up, this horrible cramping pain. I couldn't even walk normally. When I sat, the cramping was less intense and when I stood bent forward w/my back parallel to the ground it was even better. I am not sure how long it lasted. I thought it persisted for about 10 minutes, but my dh said about a half hour. I sat and drank water and it eventually stopped.

Now, it wasn't like the round ligament pain, just on the sides, however I did feel it in those area as well, but it was very crampy in my whole lower uterus area and I think it felt harder than usual. There were no other problems, just the pain. Could this be BH or does it sound different? Baby has kicked since, but not as often as (s)he has been doing. I don't want to freak out over nothing. Thanks for your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2007, 07:00 PM

sabo, i've gotten that before too. i asked my mw about it, and she said it was perfectly normal. basically the bladder and uterus are competing for space and muscle. so when the bladder is emptied, the muscles ache and spasm and the uterus tries to return take over of the space in your belly. i couldn't even stand up straight! she said if it started happening all the time to contact her again. i've only gotten it one other time but it was when i was going number two instead, so it was at the back, in a weird way because my uterus is gaining strength over my bowels!

sorry if that was tmi, but i hope it helps. don't stress. so long as it's not consistent and goes away when you change positions after a few minutes... you're cool as far as i can tell.

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
Old 03-31-2007, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you, thank you, thank you. If I could, I'd kiss you!

I was trying not to freak, but that's not so easy sometimes. What you said makes sense b/c I really had to pee, so my bladder was pretty full. So, note to self: Don't hold it; if you gotta go, go.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:12 PM

The only thing I could think of is if maybe you were constipated. Having a bm when pregnant is the only time I get pain sort of like you are describing.

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

Old 04-01-2007, 04:04 PM

I seem to get a lot of pains around my pelvic/uterine area, and talked with the chiro about it yesterday. It is often after lying down and definatly when I am walking. It hurts less when I lean back, and more when I lean forwards. He said that it is normal as the muscles and bones are adjusting -- showed me on his spine demonstration thingy -- and kind of prepared me for more to happen as my body/belly/spine adjust.
It felt weird to talk to him about it, instead of my m/w but a lot of his clients are pregnant women, and I am sure he would tell me if it was something I should see someone else about.
My pain while in a variety of areas, is quite often on the pelvic bone -- which is a very odd (and painful) sensation!

User Tag List