Suddenly starving?!?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-31-2007, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh my goodness, mamas! After many weeks of hardly being able to eat anything in the early weeks, I have been SO. CRAZY. HUNGRY this week! The past few days, I have had a totally insatiable appetite! I am trying to eat protein and avoid sugar as much as possible, but I still feel famished.

I read somewhere the baby grows more in the 4th month than at any other time before or after . . . does that sound right? Do you think that's why I cannot stop feeding my face?

Anyone else starving?

Megan - SortaCrunchy mama to blahblah.gif Dacey (7) and energy.gif Aliza Joy (5). Expecting mo-di twin boys baby.gifbaby.gif February 2013!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2007, 10:58 PM

Me! I can't get enough! I have gained at least 4 pounds the last 2 weeks!!! It feels like that anyway!
Old 04-01-2007, 03:58 PM

It isn't that I've had a lack of appetite before, but I htink it has stepped up a notch -- last night just went on to prove just how hungry I can get (and how much I can eat)!
For my brother's b-day my DP, myself, my brother and his friends went to an all you can eat place (with 2 hour time limit). While I was stuffed within 1 hour, about a half hour later the other table of friends calls me over to finish off food they can't eat. I do that, and am still hungry. I wasn't sure what to order (not buffet style, which would have served me better!), so I stopped eating, but certainly was hungry when I got home! This after I ate a large plate of veggies & dip about 2 hours before going to the restaurant! (in fear that it would be greasiness & meat & I wouldn't find anything I liked) Despite eating beforehand, and fearing it would be a wasted 20$ (price for all you can eat dinner), I am sure it was money well spent!
Old 04-02-2007, 12:51 AM

I am so hungry but unfortunately nothing sounds too great to me still. :

Anyone else in that boat?

Susan~Mama to Atticus (2003), Creeley (2005), Townsyn (2007) and a fourth boy on the way in 2011!
Old 04-02-2007, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamas2atti View Post

Yes, and when I don't force myself to eat something I don't have a taste for, I get really nauseous.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:18 PM

Count me in! The weirdest thing is that although I've been crazy hungry I have a combo of heart burn and bloating. I make up this huge plate of food but can only eat about a third of it before feeling full. I am also trying to veer away from too many carbs but it is hard. For breakfast I've started having yogurt with muesli and a tablespoon of flax oil.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:36 PM

Oooh yeah. I can't stop eating! It's a bowl of oatmeal, a banana, an english muffin, 4 corn cobs, a bowl of yogurt & granola all in about 30 minutes yesterday morning. I eat a large meal and snack snack snack...I'm running out of food!

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamas2atti View Post

Agreed, but I get sick if I don't force-feed TONS.

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

Old 04-02-2007, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenMT View Post
Count me in! The weirdest thing is that although I've been crazy hungry I have a combo of heart burn and bloating. I make up this huge plate of food but can only eat about a third of it before feeling full. I am also trying to veer away from too many carbs but it is hard. For breakfast I've started having yogurt with muesli and a tablespoon of flax oil.
Oh my gosh - this is me TOTALLY. I am so hungry, but can only eat a little at a time. I feel like I am literally eating all day!!

Megan - SortaCrunchy mama to blahblah.gif Dacey (7) and energy.gif Aliza Joy (5). Expecting mo-di twin boys baby.gifbaby.gif February 2013!

Old 04-03-2007, 12:58 AM

I'm almost always hungry, and if I don't eat, I get really nauseated. A lot of the times I can't find anything that doesn't make me queasy...or I crave something expensive, but it's the only thing that doesn't make me sick. :/

fambedsingle2.gif Heather, 25, single mom to Corbin, 5, and Orin, 3  uc.jpg  delayedvax.gif  nocirc.gif
Oh how I miss the days of femalesling.GIF  nak.gifcd.gif  
Old 04-03-2007, 04:03 PM

I'm not hungry all the time...but at the drop of a hat I can get hungry...and then I need to eat...NOW.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:55 PM

Yes, I was just thinking of this today! From 5-10 weeks I was nauteous, 10-13 I was just not hungry and now all of a sudden I am ravenous!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm totally in the ravenous boat! I was doing well for a few days with eating regularly - and often! But now I feel less in control, somehow. I'll have a nice meal (say, dinner which is always the biggest) and then what seems like just an hour later be STARVING again!! And that when I can't even always force myself to finish all of my food. : I'm tired of it already... And am currently sitting here trying to figure out WHAT to eat so I can go to bed and sleep!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:06 PM

This is totally my thread! I am right there with you ladies! I always thought you were more hungry in the first trimester but I am ravenous!! I am loving to snack and snack and snack!!
Old 04-04-2007, 05:17 PM

I am definately hungrier more often. But once I sit down to eat, I seem to get full faster. So I've been having lots of 'mini-meals' instead of 3 big ones.

Mama to Otto (9/07) and expecting Greta (EDD 6/13)  familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.giflactivist.gif

User Tag List