Anyone else using a doppler at home to hear the h/b? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-01-2007, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I purchased a digital doppler off of Ebay, new in the box with the gel for $129.00 and it is great. I don't use it that often, but only for comfort. I have had two m/c's and my last child, now 2, is special needs and he had a heart defect at birth and had to have open heart surgery at 7 days old. So hearing a nice h/b is so comforting after fussing with my old ob's about how low Jonathon's h/b seemed to me and how he never really moved around or kicked. : I'm still mad about them not listening to me...it was just a mother's instinct that something was wrong. They couldn't have done anything before his birth, but certainly would have prepared us as parents to it and I would have never had delivered him at this particular hospital. Which is nicknamed the "Band-Aid Station". He was life flighted an hour away and was in ICU for 3 months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2007, 01:08 PM

Yeah, I have a friend who owns one and offered it up. Abby (technically my stepdaughter) had a heart defect and issues that made her be delivered via emergency c-section at 34 weeks, so hearing the good, loud and strong heartbeat for a few seconds every now and then is fun.

But once we hear the whoosh-whoosh, we usually switch it off. We don't want harass or cook our little one in utero.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I rented one to listen every once in awhile since I had a previous m/c. Just knowing that I have it here is very reassuring. Now that I feel little kicks and flutters, I'll probably be sending it back soon.

Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 7, 3, 2) and expecting #6 June/2014

Old 04-02-2007, 04:33 PM

I rented one with my last pregnancy after having two m/c's. It really helped me so much. This time I bought a fetoscope but it is still a bit early to hear it. I have tried twice but so far haven't been able to. (I am 16 weeks, 18 weeks is usual for hearing with a fetoscope). Baby is moving so that is wonderfully reassuring.
Wendi
Old 04-02-2007, 11:18 PM

Like you I have had 2 m/c and I have a special needs soon that I had bad feelings about too. I also complained about feeling very little movement and wasn't listened too.

I do have a doppler this time and its been wonderful to know the baby is okay. I am about to return mine since I am starting to feel the baby now as well.

User Tag List