***!!!SPOTLIGHT on hazieluna!!!*** - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 04-01-2007, 01:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I'll be honest--I've had a hard time keeping up with everything here on MDC--especially who's who in this forum--so I apologize if I ask questions that have already been answered--but I look forward to getting to know you better!

What's your first name?
How old are you?
What are 7 words you could use to describe yourself?
Where do you live?
Do you have a significant other (and for how long)?
Do you have any children?
What AP/NFL practices do you currently/plan on participating in?
What birthing choices are you making--what are your plans for birth?
Do you plan on finding out the gender of the baby?
Do you stay at home or do you work outside the home?
What are your hobbies?
What are three things you despise?
Favorite foods/cravings?
#2 of 17 Old 04-01-2007, 11:44 AM

Favorite Flower?

Birthday? Birthstone?

Favorite season?
#3 of 17 Old 04-01-2007, 11:48 AM

How did you meet your partner?

What are your favorite shoes?

What kind of travel do you like?

Have fun with answering all the questions you get!

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#4 of 17 Old 04-01-2007, 11:18 PM

Are you from Holland orginialy?
Where is your favorite place to visit?
Have you been to the U.S.?

SAHM and loving it with DH, DS (8/4/2007) and DS (10/10/2010)
#5 of 17 Old 04-02-2007, 02:26 AM

Oh Natalia you are going to be busy answering these questions. However, I cannot resist adding some of my own

1). Who was your first celebrity crush?
2). Who is your current celebrity crush?
3). Shoes in the house? yea or nay?
4). Favorite book(s)?
5). What is your most quirky pet peeve?
6). When you were 5, 10, and 15 years old what did you want to be when you grew up? What jobs or careers have you had since you did "grow up"?
#6 of 17 Old 04-02-2007, 12:17 PM

All right, so this is out of the greedy the fact that I'm going to Belgium tomorrow: Where would you suggest that I definitely visit while in your corner of the world?

Have you had the "pregnancy crazies?" If so, what did you do?
#7 of 17 Old 04-02-2007, 08:53 PM

What's your biggest hope? Greatest fear?

Jodi -full time working wife to a SAH Papa; mama to my boys Breck (12/04), David (09/07), and Elliot (01/10); always remembering our loss, Jordyn Justine (09/06)

#8 of 17 Old 04-04-2007, 11:24 AM

bumpity bump
#9 of 17 Old 04-04-2007, 12:49 PM

Thanks! I just started a new job so I've been MIA all week. Sorry for not answering earlier!

What's your first name? Natalia

How old are you? 35 going on 36 soon.

What are 7 words you could use to describe yourself? Honest, direct, tall, kind, ethical, feminist, logical.

Where do you live? In Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

Do you have a significant other (and for how long)? Yep - his name is Jan and we've been together for 2 years now.

Do you have any children? No, this will be our first. Very exciting!

What AP/NFL practices do you currently/plan on participating in? Well I'm planning on breastfeeding and I've bought two slings, so I'll be wearing my baby around town as an accessory - ! And our idea is to try co-sleeping but Jan is such a bed hog that he's still a bit reluctant. He's afraid that he'll crush the baby. And I'm going to cloth diaper the baby too.

What birthing choices are you making--what are your plans for birth? Here in NL it's the norm to have a homebirth with a midwife, so that makes it very easy for me since I don't have to struggle against the established order to do it my way and it's all covered by insurance. I plan on renting a birthing pool and trying a waterbirth. I was at the birth of my nephew and this is how my sister did it and it was amazing. I want to follow her example.

Do you plan on finding out the gender of the baby? No we decided to let it be a surprise. I heard the heartbeat last time we were at the midwife's and it was about 140 so I think that is more likely a boy?

Do you stay at home or do you work outside the home? I just started an interim job (a fancy way of saying I'm temping!) for 2 months. After that I will have to see how I feel. I have to say it's hard working and being pregnant, I'm so TIRED!

What are your hobbies? I really like to read, maybe that's more a passion than a hobby. I'm not too crafty more clumsy really. I am learning to knit very slowly. I garden some, I love plants especially aromatic ones, flowering or not. I enjoy crossword puzzles... now I'm just rambling!

What are three things you despise? I don't like lies – it's just cowardly in my opinion. About myself I am working on my general impatience... I realize it makes me miserable! So why not slow down? And a third thing is tourists... it's terrible but true.

Favorite foods/cravings? I love food in general! Or actually I did before I got pregnant, now I'm much more selective. I can't decide on a favorite food, I love salads but no iceberg! I LOVE ice scream too! And as for cravings, for the first time ever I'm liking potatoes! I know now why everyone is so crazy about them. I'll take them in any form!

Favorite Flower? I like white lilies because they smell so good!

Birthday? Birthstone? June 26, 1971, so a moon child. Birthstone is pearl or moonstone.

Favorite season? Summer! I love the sun and the way everyone is so laid back in the summer.

How did you meet your partner? Can you believe that I met him at work? It was a firm belief of mine that dating at work was just trouble.... so our company did a teambuilding event, Jan and I were on the same 'team' and spent the day together. At the end of the day there was a party and a few beers later me and Jan skipped out together! We were the HOT topic at the water cooler on Monday, heehee. No one expected it to work out. But I knew that day we fit - I can't say love at first sight because we'd been working at the same company for 6 months but something just clicked.

What are your favorite shoes? I have these ratty flip-flops I bought a few years ago. They have ousted my birks as most comfortable... but really I shouldn't wear them out.

What kind of travel do you like? I love any kind of traveling! I hate the in-between that goes with traveling, the transit part though. I've spent my life trotting around the globe - okay this is an exaggeration but I like the image of me trotting anywhere.

Are you from Holland orginialy? No, I am half American and half Spanish. Born and mostly raised in Spain. I moved to the US when I was 16 and finished High School there and then did university. Spent most of my time in Washington DC since that's where I went to university and then I stayed and worked there a few years.

Where is your favorite place to visit? I love the beach! I think the Mediterranean coast – regardless of the country is beautiful, at least what I've seen. There's a beach in Delaware I love, it's a nature reserve between Rehobeth and Dewey Beach. Fire Island in New York I liked. Oh there's that whole Cape Hatteras area that is stunning. I prefer a beach that is not too infested with people – that's hard to find. I like to get away from people and be around nature.

Have you been to the U.S.? Yes but not recently. I was last in the US almost 3 years ago. I want to go really badly but my DH doesn't want to give his fingerprints to go for a visit. I understand but still it's a bummer! I want him to see how beautiful the US is! My Mom now lives in Florida so I'd like to visit her there sometime instead of having her visit us.

1). Who was your first celebrity crush? Ugh – really? It's embarrassing but I had posters of both George Michael and Michael J. Fox.
2). Who is your current celebrity crush? Johnny Depp – I can't help it I like his quirkiness and the movies he picks to be in.
3). Shoes in the house? yea or nay? Nay! When Jan and I moved in together he wanted the shoes off so we did that. It's amazing how much cleaner the house stays... I recommend it.
4). Favorite book(s)? Oh this is hard! I loved “A Hundred Years of Solitude” by Garcia Marquez. Another book that changed the way I saw the world was “Mists of Avalon” by Marion Zimmer Bradley. These are the two that come to mind now. I'll ponder this more fully and hopefully get back to you!
5). What is your most quirky pet peeve? Pet peeve.... um... I don't like peach skin, it's a real eww for me. Everyone makes fun of me for this.
6). When you were 5, 10, and 15 years old what did you want to be when you grew up? What jobs or careers have you had since you did "grow up"? When I was 5 I wanted to be a firefighter... not too girly, right? At 10 I wanted to be a teacher. And at 15 I wanted to be a Doctor. So I'm not any of these things. When I was 18 I decided I wanted to work for the Foreign Service so I studied Int'l Relations. Since graduating I've mostly worked in Finance with a brief foray into Social Services. Oh and I also taught for a bit but I just don't have the skill required to get students interested... it was a big disappointment for me to realize I am a crappy teacher.

All right, so this is out of the greedy the fact that I'm going to Belgium tomorrow: Where would you suggest that I definitely visit while in your corner of the world? Everyone will tell you to go to Brugges – and it is BEAUTIFUL – but I found it a bit like Disneyland, just tourists all over, milling around like ants and not a native in sight. I recommend Ghent. To me it was more Belgian and also very beautiful. Enjoy the beer and the chocolates!

Have you had the "pregnancy crazies?" If so, what did you do? Oh yeah... well I just seem to be on an emotional rollercoaster. I can't watch Extreme Home Makeover because I just cry, not in a bad way, usually I'm just so happy for the people. I did spend this last weekend feeling completely hurt by DH and not talking to him just because he said he would pick something up for me and then he forgot. I felt like I couldn't trust him and why am I having a baby with this inconsiderate dud? Then Sunday evening after him chasing me for an explanation to me acting all cold I finally told him and instantly felt better. Lesson here for me is to talk sooner! And then there is the memory lapses that just are ridiculous, I go to the supermarket to buy for tuna salad and leave without the tuna, doh!

What's your biggest hope? Greatest fear? My biggest hope is to be a good mother by my own definition. I hope our baby is healthy and leads a long full life and that we can provide a solid stepping off for them as a person. For the world I hope people start realizing in a tangible way that change is possible! We can create a better place for our children! I'm most afraid of repeating old family patterns that don't work and not realizing it. And my greatest fear for the world around me is a breakdown of civilization as in a war or huge disaster.
#10 of 17 Old 04-04-2007, 03:06 PM

So neat to read of another mama's experience from a different part of the world! My grandmother was born in Rotterdam and I hope to visit your neck of the woods sometime in my life (tho I'm sure there are lots of people who hate tourists, esp. the ameriCANs).

Where's your mom in FL?

What's in your cd player right now?

What are your 3 favorite albums?
#11 of 17 Old 04-04-2007, 03:18 PM

What's your favorite children's book?

What's your favorite way to spend a Sunday?

Any names picked out for the little one?

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
#12 of 17 Old 04-04-2007, 04:13 PM

Thanks for answering my questions Natalia Just to make you feel better, my first celebrity crush was David Hasselhoff - just loved me some Knight Rider :

Oh! And peach skin IS ewww. It feels prickly to me (even though it is supposed to be soft?!). I eat necturines instead (because I don't even want to touch the peaches to peel them). So weird to "meet" someone else with this same quirky thing).
#13 of 17 Old 04-04-2007, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemama View Post
So neat to read of another mama's experience from a different part of the world! My grandmother was born in Rotterdam and I hope to visit your neck of the woods sometime in my life (tho I'm sure there are lots of people who hate tourists, esp. the ameriCANs).
I don't think people hate American tourists more than any other nationality. I think it depends more on the concentration levels. The higher the concentration of a particular nationality then the more complaints you hear about them. But really how can I hate tourists when I've been one so often? I think it's because I've lived in touristy cities most of my life, Madrid, Washington DC now Amsterdam... at some point it just makes normal life harder.

Where's your mom in FL? She's close to Panama City in the pan handle. She says it's beautiful but I haven't been there for a visit yet.

What's in your cd player right now? Nelly Furtado

What are your 3 favorite albums? I love Sarah McLachlan, Dido and Nelly Furtado. All girly music I guess.

What's your favorite children's book? I like 'The Growing Tree' and 'Are you my Mother?'. I don't know the author of either though.

What's your favorite way to spend a Sunday? When it's nice out Jan and I go out for a long bike ride through the polders. Now the tulip fields are blooming so if the weather is still nice this weekend we are going to ride out through the fields. Nice thing about the Netherlands is that there are bike paths everywhere. If it's yucky out then I like to hang out in sweats around the house and have a late breakfast and lounge.

Any names picked out for the little one? ah geez, no. Me and DH are really at opposite ends in taste in names. He's all traditional and wants a normal name. I want a name that is unique. We don't have ANY names yet... I feel a bit stressed about this.
#14 of 17 Old 04-04-2007, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazieluna View Post
1). Who was your first celebrity crush? Ugh – really? It's embarrassing but I had posters of both George Michael and Michael J. Fox.
This is totally awesome.
#15 of 17 Old 04-04-2007, 10:46 PM

Any pets?

Favorite color?
#16 of 17 Old 04-05-2007, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazieluna View Post
Enjoy the beer and the chocolates!
Okay does this count as pregnancy crazies? I realized I'd done this last night in bed and it just cracked me up. So Sabo enjoy the chocolate! Ignore the beer part!
#17 of 17 Old 04-05-2007, 04:25 AM

Any pets? No not now but I grew up with dogs and after college I had cats. I'd love to have 2 cats again just because I love having animals around. I don't think it's good to have dogs in the city in an apartment, seems cruel to me.

Favorite color? Turquoise. This has gotten so bad everyone gives me gifts in this color. Sometimes I look in my closet and all I see to wear that day is turquoise. It's even getting a bit boring!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page