Sporatic movements?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 04-01-2007, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First off, I'm very paranoid over this pregnancy. It took us 3 years, with 6 miscarriages in that time, to get this far.

With that being said, I am extremely worried about how often I'm feeling the baby move. I've been feeling movement for a few weeks now - mainly flutters with a few good kicks throw in here and there.

However, for the past few days I've felt the movements a lot less. I don't think I've felt anything for over 24 hours now! : Is it normal for movement to be that sporatic? I'm really worried because it seems like I used to feel the baby a lot more often that I am now - I thought that I'd be feeling it lots more, not less, by now.

I'm 17 weeks if that makes a difference...

DS:11 DD:8 DS:3 DS:13 months
#2 of 13 Old 04-01-2007, 08:23 PM

I was just at a prenatal app't earlier this week and mentioned to my mw that the baby kicks like crazy. She said that it is not usual for the baby to kick regularly until later than 20 weeks, so if the kicking slowed up, don't get nervous. May I give you the same advice.
#3 of 13 Old 04-01-2007, 09:26 PM

Hi,

It's definitely normal to feel only sporadic movement at this point. If I recall correctly with my last pregnancy, I didn't feel movement everyday until I was at least 20-something weeks and even then I had days where I didn't feel much. My midwife said that it was okay. I have also seen women post that they didn't feel the baby AT ALL until around 20 weeks or so.

heartbeat.gif Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 6, 3, 2) & 3 angel1.gif
#4 of 13 Old 04-01-2007, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren82 View Post
I have also seen women post that they didn't feel the baby AT ALL until around 20 weeks or so.
That will probably be me. I am 18 weeks and not a flutter. But hubby jokes that I have dulled nerves all over, so we wait. But everything I have read and heard says sporadic moves before about 20 wks is normal and not to freak out.
#5 of 13 Old 04-02-2007, 10:52 AM

I'm in the same boat as you. I was feeling lots of kicks and over the weekend felt nothing. Last night I was stressing about it but then this morning I am feeling lots of stuff so I let out a big sigh. I'll be 17 weeks on 4/4 so am about at the same point as you. Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this happeing.
#6 of 13 Old 04-02-2007, 11:39 AM

same boat here..

I'm now 16. A few wks ago, I felt a flutter every day.... Now for the past week. I only feel something every few days.. Usually by the time I think I felt something, I've missed it..

I do think for me, since moving last week, I've spent more time running around.. At this stage, I almost have to be completely still to notice anything..
#7 of 13 Old 04-02-2007, 12:43 PM

Saw my OB last week and I asked her when should I "expect" to feel movement. She took a look at my ultrasound photos and said that my placenta was anterior...so I might be in for quite a wait. UGH!! She said not to be alarmed if I didn't feel anything until after 20 weeks....AFTER????

Michelle Mama to Lucy 9/07
"Seek the wisdom of the ages but, look at the world through the eyes of a child" Ron Wild
#8 of 13 Old 04-02-2007, 03:44 PM

Just wanted to chime in and say TOTALLY normal. I think I was 20 weeks or more when I started feeling really regular kicks and movement with DD.

Megan - SortaCrunchy mama to blahblah.gif Dacey (7) and energy.gif Aliza Joy (5). Expecting mo-di twin boys baby.gifbaby.gif February 2013!

#9 of 13 Old 04-02-2007, 08:52 PM

I'm in the same boat, lots of little flutters, then LONG periods of nothing. These babies are nerve-wracking!

I think it's really normal.

Jodi -full time working wife to a SAH Papa; mama to my boys Breck (12/04), David (09/07), and Elliot (01/10); always remembering our loss, Jordyn Justine (09/06)

#10 of 13 Old 04-02-2007, 10:59 PM

Very sporadic here too. Sometimes I go several days without even a hint of movement. With DS, it was different, he was extremely active and kicking several times a day by this point. This baby is more laid back and less kicky, more squirmy. Try not to worry.
#11 of 13 Old 04-02-2007, 11:38 PM

I am 17 wks and fretting over a sudden lack of movement. Baby was a gymnast yesterday evening but I haven't even felt a flutter all day today. I really look forward to some regularity of movements. I remember feeling this way when pregnant with both my sons so I know it is normal but boy does it stink.
#12 of 13 Old 04-04-2007, 04:34 PM

I'm 17 weeks too, and I'm pretty sure I felt Aatje (the baby) several times last Sunday. I was gardening all day, and I wonder if my squatting positions moved the uterus just so I could feel it. But that was 10 days ago now, and I've not felt anything since. I heard the heartbeat just a week ago, after I'd felt something, so I'm not worried. I just think it's interesting how sporadic it really is!
-Julie

Julie, mom to Ansel (Sept '07) and Amalia (Sept '10)
#13 of 13 Old 04-04-2007, 05:05 PM

Ditto here. Very sporatic little flutters here and there. Nothing too definate. I know its hard not to worry though. I had been feeling so "normal" lately, after feeling so bad in the first trimester that I'd been wondering if I was imagining it all! But then I heard a heartbeat this morning at my appointment with the midwife.

Here's to hoping those kicks get regular soon!!

Mama to Otto (9/07) and expecting Greta (EDD 6/13)  familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.giflactivist.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page