Weekly Thread April 2-8 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 52 Old 04-04-2007, 02:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope not including my real name doesn't mean I am stand-offish. I am just struggling with internet anonymity. I mean, I would love to meet MDC moms in person but I may already be more open than usual on-line, live in a small town, know that several other women I know are here, and am not sure how much is safe - but I have a very common first name. Right now I am trying to use the same rules I give my ds. (I am probably not doing a very good job but I am trying.)

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#32 of 52 Old 04-04-2007, 03:04 PM

Congrats to all the mama who know the genders! How exciting! We're waiting to find out but it was so hard with my son. I would like to think that i'm having a girl but I think that's just because I want a girl...

I didn't think that i was showing, I think i am a little bit but when ya'll mentioned that you measured your bellies I went and got my tape measure and I'm between the 37 and 38 inches! Whoa, I was not expecting that! I don't feel bigger but I've been feeling lots of movement. I love this part!
#33 of 52 Old 04-04-2007, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
I mean, I would love to meet MDC moms in person but I may already be more open than usual on-line, live in a small town, know that several other women I know are here, and am not sure how much is safe
I know what you mean. Sometimes I regret having my real name be my user name because I live in a small town, know other women from town are on here, etc. There are just some things i won't say because of that.
Also, I find it too confusing to keep track of someone's user name and their real name. I call everyone by their user name, hope that doesnt offend....

And to explain the - dh is a dds. I'm actually not that good about (so maybe it shouldn't say "we"), but i do have dental hygiene obsessed children.

Come back soon :

Thanks for the congratulations, ladies!

Mama to three  
#34 of 52 Old 04-04-2007, 03:09 PM

You ladies have me afraid to measure. I haven't recorded it from any of my previous pregnancies and I don't think I need to know that number.

I am definitely showing and was a bit worried about how much. Today I saw an acquaintance due in mid-September. She is usually a very tiny thing, it still quite small but is also showing. Nice to know it isn't flab.

#35 of 52 Old 04-04-2007, 03:10 PM

i prefer being referred to by my real name... leanbh is the bean in my belly! but, i don't mind being called leanbh. ha!

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
#36 of 52 Old 04-04-2007, 04:20 PM

Hi ladies . . . been absent myself for a week or two, both mentally and physically .

I'm somewhere around 19 weeks (trying not to count). I've been feeling movement over the last week, which is so fun! Babe has been rockin and rollin all over the place! Sleeping and eating have been better -- I am actually sleeping though the night (minus the pee trips), which is a HUGE change from the first trimester when I couldn't sleep more than 2 hours at a time!! Still waiting for my appetite to kick in, although I am no longer worried at I'm going to vomit after every meal. Stomach capacity has definitely diminished, too, keeping things challenging.

I have recovered from the shock of unexpectedly being "let go" by the midwife with whom I was apprenticing (due to differences in faith and have reconnected with some midwife friends who are crunchy pagans like me . They will attend my birth if I decide not to go UC. Side note: Yesterday I heard Wee One's FHTs with my STETHOSCOPE!! Anyone been able to do this in the second trimester? I didn't know it was possible this early!!

Another question. Any ideas as to how I might politely explain to friends/relatives that unnecessary baby things that we receive will be donated elsewhere? I REALLY want to avoid the flood of stuff that will certainly come our way . . . .

Ack, I'm rambling. :

Living simply with the loves of my life! :::
#37 of 52 Old 04-04-2007, 04:57 PM

Oh pianojazzgirl ~ I am sending you many postive vibes.... come home kitty!

kristen1978 ~ sorry to hear about the midwife situation... however sounds like you will have a much more enjoyable experience this way.

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#38 of 52 Old 04-04-2007, 05:04 PM

[QUOTE=kristen1978;7752508]I have recovered from the shock of unexpectedly being "let go" by the midwife with whom I was apprenticing (due to differences in faith and have reconnected with some midwife friends who are crunchy pagans like me . [QUOTE]

Sounds like a much better situation to me. It will let you be you if you.

Quote:
Another question. Any ideas as to how I might politely explain to friends/relatives that unnecessary baby things that we receive will be donated elsewhere? I REALLY want to avoid the flood of stuff that will certainly come our way . . . .
I don't explain, I just do it. I worry it would make them feel bad and the 'stuff' is given to me to do with as I see fit. I found there is no way I can get what I will use from some of dh's family. I assure you the flow has slowed to a trickle at this point in my reproductive life.

#39 of 52 Old 04-04-2007, 05:28 PM

Just jumping in- what a great thread! I am 16 weeks and had my 2nd prenatal visit this morning. Saw a midwife (the only one in town!) and really like her so far (thank goodness). I declined the triple/quad screen. Just didn't want to deal with the anxiety, I suppose. Hope that doesn't make me irresponsible or anything...but I'm under 30 (barely ), no history on either side, and the high rate of false postives gave me pause. Hope I made the right decision!

Won't find out gender until 20w appointment. Congrats to all you moms who already know!!

Mama to Otto (9/07) and expecting Greta (EDD 6/13)  familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.giflactivist.gif

#40 of 52 Old 04-04-2007, 05:47 PM

Thanks minnow and glad to hear that things with DH are settling down a bit. You've been through a lot of stress lately and I hope it eases up so you can enjoy the 2nd tri.
#41 of 52 Old 04-04-2007, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristen1978 View Post
If you can register somewhere or otherwise let people know things that would be helpful, that might make it a bit better. I like thethingsIwant.com, or something similar, since you're not stuck registering with a single place, and can link to things like baby carriers (my consumer weakness...), cloth diapering supplies, etc.

You're right that people will want to buy you stuff, and telling them not to is, in my experience, futile. But I've had decent luck with letting them know what we'd actually use.
#42 of 52 Old 04-04-2007, 10:28 PM

Hereeee kitty kitty kitty : : :

SAHM and loving it with DH, DS (8/4/2007) and DS (10/10/2010)
#43 of 52 Old 04-04-2007, 11:00 PM

Thanks for all the powerful come-home-kitty vibes. I guess they worked cause he showed up at the back door (in the middle of what is now a snow storm) at 9pm tonight!

Kate, mom to 7 year old Djuna and 4 yr old Alden. Missing our good friend Hal the cat who died June 2, 2010

#44 of 52 Old 04-04-2007, 11:46 PM

Hurray pianojazzgirl!!!!

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#45 of 52 Old 04-05-2007, 01:01 AM

:

Mama to three  
#46 of 52 Old 04-06-2007, 04:58 AM

Wow, I'm gone a few days and now I can't catch up with all the new posts!

We had a nice visit in France. I'm glad we went but at the same time we shouldn't have spent the money because we are absolutely, positively BROKE. Nothing in the bank account, rent due, tons of bills past due. DHs salary was cut by 2/3 in January and our savings is gone!
We spent yesterday running around to different social offices trying to get some help. They said it will be 6 to 8 weks before we get any aid! Umm, and jut what are we supposed to eat until then? Then they told us to move. Well, yes, our rent is way too high for our current income, but exactly how are we supposed to cover moving expenses, repainting this house, deposits etc. if we have no money? I may be hitting up some church food pantries next week, and I'm trying to get up the courage to ask my father and my sister to loan us some money.

Ok, other than that, things are good. I am feeling good, although I too feel like I am not eating enough and certainly not enough healthy foods. I though I was feeling movement last week but the past few days I haven't been feeling anything, which of course has me a bit worried, but I am just trying to trust that all is well.
I am definitely out of normal clothes now. I weighed myself at the ILs and I have gained around 12 pounds - more depending on the time of day that I weigh myself.

Ok, hope you all are well. Happy Friday to you!
#47 of 52 Old 04-06-2007, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Leopard View Post
Wow, I'm gone a few days and now I can't catch up with all the new posts!

We had a nice visit in France. I'm glad we went but at the same time we shouldn't have spent the money because we are absolutely, positively BROKE. Nothing in the bank account, rent due, tons of bills past due. DHs salary was cut by 2/3 in January and our savings is gone!
We spent yesterday running around to different social offices trying to get some help. They said it will be 6 to 8 weks before we get any aid! Umm, and jut what are we supposed to eat until then? Then they told us to move. Well, yes, our rent is way too high for our current income, but exactly how are we supposed to cover moving expenses, repainting this house, deposits etc. if we have no money? I may be hitting up some church food pantries next week, and I'm trying to get up the courage to ask my father and my sister to loan us some money.
Sorry about the $$ troubles...we are having worries about that too. It is so stressful!

Mama to Otto (9/07) and expecting Greta (EDD 6/13)  familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.giflactivist.gif

#48 of 52 Old 04-06-2007, 04:30 PM

So, I'm very thankful for the lovely spring weather and the flowers blooming everywhere. However, I am not so grateful for the allergy attack which is making me sneeze and pee my pants every 10 minutes!
Maybe I shouldn't have lain down in the grass this afternoon. But it was such a beautiful day - and I got tired taking the laundry off the line, I just had to lie down right then and there.
#49 of 52 Old 04-06-2007, 05:14 PM

Tuesday we had 85 and sunny,
Wednesday, 45 and rain with a tornado or two touching down
Thursday, light flurries
Today we have heavy snow and it is sticking (only expect about an inch I hear)

so I have beautiful spring flowers and crazy weather!

Feel better soon Plaid Leopard! I hope other things are working out, too.

#50 of 52 Old 04-06-2007, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
Tuesday we had 85 and sunny,
Wednesday, 45 and rain with a tornado or two touching down
Thursday, light flurries
Today we have heavy snow and it is sticking (only expect about an inch I hear)

so I have beautiful spring flowers and crazy weather!

Feel better soon Plaid Leopard! I hope other things are working out, too.
And I thought our weather was crazy - although we did have snow a couple of weeks ago.

Things WILL work out! I just know it!
#51 of 52 Old 04-08-2007, 05:13 PM

Gotta love the crazy weather! My DH called up his parents this morning singing "It's begining to look a lot like Christmas...er...Easter"

Traveling mama to DS (2) my nature boy :
#52 of 52 Old 04-08-2007, 08:27 PM

I just looked at your ticker and realized we are really getting far along - I mean the half way mark is just around the corner for some of us. Wow!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page