What have you send your DH to fetch late at night? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 04-03-2007, 01:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So far I've been good about it. A few weeks ago I just had to have chocolate around 11 o'clock...tonight I saw a skittles commercial and suddenly had to have skittles, around 11 o'clock again!

fambedsingle2.gif Heather, 25, single mom to Corbin, 5, and Orin, 3  uc.jpg  delayedvax.gif  nocirc.gif
Oh how I miss the days of femalesling.GIF  nak.gifcd.gif  
#2 of 20 Old 04-03-2007, 02:38 AM

Just twice so far. I sent him out for a Wendy's frosty a couple of weeks ago. I also sent him out for a 20oz of Coke the other night because I woke up twice craving it... by far the worst most sudden craving I've had so far.

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
#3 of 20 Old 04-03-2007, 09:37 AM

I think I've managed to avoid sending him out for food this time around, though I've been tempted to send him for shamrock shakes a time or two!

I did have to send him to the pharmacy for Citrucel one night during the first trimester. I had the *worst* constipation and needed relief fast!

Stephanie mom to Brianna (6/00) , Alexander (6/02) , and Ethan (9/07) .
#4 of 20 Old 04-03-2007, 02:15 PM

I feel so bad because I send him out a lot. For awhile it was for gyros and fries. Then I was craving fast food like Tacos and Whoppers. Recently I've been sending him out to pick me up chicken curry from an incredible Thai place but that's during the day.

heartbeat.gif Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 6, 3, 2) & 3 angel1.gif
#5 of 20 Old 04-03-2007, 02:48 PM

I've yet to have any big time cravings for food and send DH out. We sort of live a good 20+ minutes from just about anything so I'd really have to be desperate. The only thing I have sent him out for was unisom and B-6 when I was violently puking from m/s and couldn't sleep. He gladly went.
#6 of 20 Old 04-03-2007, 03:44 PM

chocolate milk at around 9:30..several times... this little leanbh loves milk!!! (which is funny because i hadn't had a full glass of milk since i was like ten!)

frozen van's organic waffles... again... around 10:30.

the other night, i really needed steak. luckily, we were in wild oats and got that taken care of. i had steak two nights in a row, and now i'm craving it constantly!

jolly ranchers, too.

it's all very strange and random, doesn't it seem?

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
#7 of 20 Old 04-03-2007, 03:53 PM

A Dairy Queen Heath bar blizzard. Once.
#8 of 20 Old 04-03-2007, 04:02 PM

Luckily, my husband is sort of used to it--I'm a very picky eater and have always gotten "cravings" (or at least the idea of a certain thing in my head to the point where I don't want anything else), so well before this pregnancy, he was running out just before bedtime to get whatever it was I wanted. I think that's happened less while I've been pregnant than it did beforehand, actually! He's been spared any late-night trips but has gone on a lot of dinner-time and evening runs for things ranging from Subway subs to lemon cake to chocolate chip muffins and beyond. I'm starting to get hungry in the middle of the night but hopefully I'll be able to quell that with a snack we have on hand--I feel bad enough making him go get dinner.

Of course, I feel worse when he goes to get dinner and they forget something (like sweet and sour sauce for BK french fries) and I won't eat it without the sauce but I don't want to make him go, so I just start bawling. I think he really *is* a saint...

Rachel, mama to Lucy, born 9.9.07, and Caroline, born 2.25.10!
#9 of 20 Old 04-03-2007, 04:12 PM

Ishyfishie - that is making me laugh, girl!

So far, just a REAL Dr. Pepper. Not diet, no flavors, just a big fat Dr. Pepper. I hadn't had one in years, and then - bam! I absolutely had to have it.

Megan - SortaCrunchy mama to blahblah.gif Dacey (7) and energy.gif Aliza Joy (5). Expecting mo-di twin boys baby.gifbaby.gif February 2013!

#10 of 20 Old 04-03-2007, 04:15 PM

Oh man, I forgot Dr. Pepper--I'm very sensitive to caffeine (it generally either makes me sick or else just completely unable to sleep) so I haven't had much, but oh, it tastes so much better now than it ever did before I got pregnant! Funny thing is that I've found the Dr. Pepper we get from Burger King (no ice for me) tastes the best of any...yum! I hardly eat any of the food but I've sent him to Burger King multiple times just so I can have a Dr. Pepper! He's learned now that he has to refuse if it's after about 2 PM so I can sleep at night, but sometimes I cajole him into getting it for me anyway. Then he just has to rub my back until I fall asleep.

Rachel, mama to Lucy, born 9.9.07, and Caroline, born 2.25.10!
#11 of 20 Old 04-03-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daceysmomma View Post
Ishyfishie - that is making me laugh, girl!

So far, just a REAL Dr. Pepper. Not diet, no flavors, just a big fat Dr. Pepper. I hadn't had one in years, and then - bam! I absolutely had to have it.

OooOooOoo! A Dr.Pepper sounds gooood. I haven't had one in ages. I rarely drink soda and if I do, it's something like Sprite or 7-Up. I'll have to call DH and ask him to bring me one on his way home from work.

heartbeat.gif Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 6, 3, 2) & 3 angel1.gif
#12 of 20 Old 04-03-2007, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Y'all are making me so hungry (and thirsty!) for so many things LOL

fambedsingle2.gif Heather, 25, single mom to Corbin, 5, and Orin, 3  uc.jpg  delayedvax.gif  nocirc.gif
Oh how I miss the days of femalesling.GIF  nak.gifcd.gif  
#13 of 20 Old 04-03-2007, 05:19 PM

I can't have anything after 9pm otherwise I can't sleep.

One night at about 2am I did send DH to get himself a Kleenex and a Benedryl because his allergies were driving me crazy!

Laura~ wife to my stuntman, Stig, mama to Gavin Rutgar reading.gif(4) and now Wyatt Andreas (1) and 2 little angel1.gif.

#14 of 20 Old 04-03-2007, 06:47 PM

I mostly want things I'm not supposed to have. Sashimi comes to mind. I had a California roll the other day, because it's cooked and therefore okay, but it isn't the same.

The other day I really wanted a margarita. Not because I wanted a margarita, but because the idea of tequila suddenly sounded really good. And I'm not a big drinker, especially of hard liquor!

I also want shrimp, but I may or may not be allergic to that so I'm scared to try it. (I've had strange feelings in my mouth/throat when eating it before, but only when eating it while drinking alcohol. For example, we were having a brunch and everyone had champagne, and that happened, but when I ate it on its own, I was fine.)
#15 of 20 Old 04-04-2007, 11:05 AM

Ice cream, twice, although I had to go with him because I couldn't choose a flavor until I was in front of all the choices! I've resisted several more times in the evening, and just forced myself to go to sleep. I'm trying to save up "points" for when I really need something! My husband doesn't at all mind, but I still have the good Catholic guilt
-Julie

Julie, mom to Ansel (Sept '07) and Amalia (Sept '10)
#16 of 20 Old 04-04-2007, 02:20 PM

Poutine! A Quebecois special - fries with cheese curds and gravy on top. It used to be my #1 hangover cure... now it's my #1 preggo craving.

Kate, mom to 7 year old Djuna and 4 yr old Alden. Missing our good friend Hal the cat who died June 2, 2010

#17 of 20 Old 04-04-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianojazzgirl View Post
It used to be my #1 hangover cure... now it's my #1 preggo craving.
Heh, they really are similar, aren't they! The ONLY time I ever puked like I puked on the worst day of my pregnancy was the first time I ever drank "shots" with my friends ten years ago!

I adore all your indulgent husbands.
#18 of 20 Old 04-05-2007, 01:53 PM

Well my dh is not so nice as to actually go get something for me, but he will always go WITH me! So the other night I was desperatly needing Starburst. So we went and got some after about an hour of me calling him into the room and saying "Did you go get me some starburst yet!?" I can't really think of anything else. I really can't think of anything else except that when I get hungry I have to eat right then! So we have had to pull into some fast food a couple times and get me something. I just would not wait till we got home!

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#19 of 20 Old 04-05-2007, 04:53 PM

I want some laffy taffy right now. I am home alone with the kiddos and my littlest is sleeping. I had it for the first time yesterday at an Easter egg hunt and now I want some more. I am usually all about chocolate with no interest in that type of candy (ds has orthodontia in his mouth and couldn't eat it so I thought I would help him out). This is crazy.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#20 of 20 Old 04-05-2007, 11:59 PM

A one-pound baked potatoe with sour cream and cheddar...but just once.

Susan~Mama to Atticus (2003), Creeley (2005), Townsyn (2007) and a fourth boy on the way in 2011!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page