Eyelid twitching - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-03-2007, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A week ago today my right bottom eyelid started twitching.. It lasts for varying lengths of time. But it has been happening a few times every day. It makes me uncomfortable only b/c when i speak to people I feel as though they are staring at my eye.

I will mention it to my OB when I see her tomorrow, but wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?
#2 of 6 Old 04-03-2007, 07:00 PM

You're not alone! My top eyelid on my left eye has been twitching off and on for the past few weeks. I only notice it when I'm concentrating on something and don't move my eyes for a moment, but it does get really irritating. Not really sure what causes it?

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#3 of 6 Old 04-04-2007, 03:58 PM

You know one other mom told me she had this experience while pregnant and she looked at it as a message from her baby telling her everything was A-OK! It turned into the best thing for her...
#4 of 6 Old 04-04-2007, 05:08 PM

Mine do this from time to time when I am stressed out or overtired or just because and it drives me crazy...I rush to the mirror to see it and I can't see it but the minute I look away it's there.

My MW said it happens to everyone sometime in their lives, some more than others and told me to take it easy when it does and reduce stress....

Haven't had it happen yet......
#5 of 6 Old 04-04-2007, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

I JUSt got back from the OB and I asked her.
She said that she dounted it had anything to do with pregnancy and not to worry about it.

I did some checking online and it said that it happens more during preganancy when people are tired. We are having to get up so often to pee and the lack of sleep can cause it.
I get up anywhere from 2-12 times per night (12--seriously!!) so that makes sense.
More irritating than anything.
Glad to know I'm not alone theough. makes me feel better
#6 of 6 Old 04-04-2007, 07:30 PM

That makes a lot of sense about being tired. I usually only have it in the morning or after dinner time. Thanks for letting us know!

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page