Sign in. Introduce yourself! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 04-07-2007, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Mamas! I'm Penelope, I'm one of the dorky few who live where my location says

What kind of birth are you planning? Probably a hospital birth. I had two homebirths before and even tough the second one ended tragically it had nothing to do with us being at home so I'm sad that this time I'll have to be in a hospital. But chances are good we'll be inducing early so, gotta go where the NICU is ready. I will have a doula and hopefully since my body is pretty efficient at labor and birth I won't get into too many interventions that I don't want.

Do you know what you are having? It's a girl!

What kind of care are you getting? OB, I have two right now for lots of second opinions and in order to spread the load of my paranoia . Let's hear it for affordable health care in Mexico (speaking as a privileged gringo that is )

What are your symptoms? Sooooo tired! Still! Also I'm beginning to get that sudden onset hunger that makes me into a feisty b!tch if I can't get food immediately.

How are you feeling emotionally? Ups and downs. I'm crying at stupid stuff and have a short fuse with poor dh, but I'm managing to keep the worry under control most of the time. And I do have many moments of real joy and thankfulness for this little girl growing in there.

Is this #1 or #5? This is dd #3 although most people will assume she's #2.

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 36 Old 04-07-2007, 05:17 PM

HI ~ I am Rachel from Ohio

What kind of birth are you planning? We are having our second hospital birth. We can not afford anything else. I am totally jealous of all you ladies having your babies at home! I didn't always feel that way.... but I sure know a lot more now than I did before!

Do you know what you are having? We find out on the 19th!

What kind of care are you getting? OB ~ I really do like him! He did a great job with DS pregnancy and birth. Things are going very well again.

What are your symptoms? Very tired... but feeling so much better that I did. I am almost 19 weeks now.. so I am feeling well. I am feeling movement! Hurray! I am starting to really look pregnant too.

How are you feeling emotionally? Two words.... watch out! I have become very emotional these days.... trying hard to curve it though!

Is this #1 or #5? #2

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#33 of 36 Old 04-07-2007, 05:58 PM

Plady -
I clicked on your site. Both your daughters are so beautiful, and those are such lovely pictures!
I am so sorry for the loss of your Wendy.
#34 of 36 Old 04-07-2007, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Leopard View Post
Plady -
I clicked on your site. Both your daughters are so beautiful, and those are such lovely pictures!
I am so sorry for the loss of your Wendy.
Me too. I cried of course, but the pictures were amazingly touching at the same time. Thank you for sharing them. I hope your story helps save other babies and their families, and I hope this pregnancy goes very smoothly for you.

Stephanie mom to Brianna (6/00) , Alexander (6/02) , and Ethan (9/07) .
#35 of 36 Old 04-08-2007, 03:40 AM

What kind of birth are you planning?
Good question! As of right now, a hospital birth, but see the "sell me on a homebirth" thread for all my wavering...

Do you know what you are having; do you want to know? We don't know yet, and our "official" ultrasound is scheduled really late, not until May. DH claims to have a fear of the unknown, and I'm fine either way, so we'll attempt to find out. DS, who has finally figured out what "pregnant" means in the past few days, keeps saying he's having a baby sister. Hmmm...

What kind of care are you getting? I adore my OBGYN. Even if I go the homebirth route, I'll continue getting parallel care from her. Unfortunately, we're with a big HMO and at a teaching hospital, so babies are mostly delivered by residents, and there's very little chance my particular OB will be the attending physician when I happen to go into labor. It's completely unpredictable who will be at the delivery, what their philosophy toward interventions will be, etc. This was a problem last time around.

What are your symptoms? Almost nothing now. I was WAY sicker this time around during the first trimester, but I've hit that great 2nd trimester burst of energy and am not yet too huge to enjoy it! I know my days are numbered.

How are you feeling emotionally? Pretty good. Again, things were wackier for the first few months than they are now. I'm still having nightmares about my current baby falling into harms way, though. I;d like those to stop!

Is this #1 or #5? #2. I have a son who will be 3 next month. He's pretty comfortable in his role as center of the universe, so we're a little worried about the adjustment. I hope his requesting a baby sister is a good first step!
#36 of 36 Old 04-08-2007, 12:44 PM

What kind of birth are you planning?
FIRST homebirth!!! ( in the water...I won't have it any other way, thats the aquarias in me )

Do you know what you are having; do you want to know?

I think this is a princess!! HB has been high, bad m/s, and the ever accurate draino test said so *LOL* We find out for sure in 8 days...I can HARDLY WAIT! (with the amount of kids I have,...I HAVE to know in order to be prepared )

What kind of care are you getting?
Midwife only...she's awesome, SO Hands off...she deliverd my last baby and she gives me info to make my OWN choices...she ROCKS

What are your symptoms?
I have a horrid gag reflex this time...not good. And I am tired, even despite trying to improve my diet AND taking Juice Plus. Baby is already a mover

How are you feeling emotionally?
I am already apprehensive about the birth because my last labor/delivery was very fast ( 1 hour 58 minutes and he was 10.4 lbs! ,...) and my first time with it happeneing on its own...I need to mentally prep I know that, thinking about hypo birthing this time or looking into it.

Is this #1 or #5? ............this is actually #7 for us!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page