Sign in. Introduce yourself! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 36 Old 04-04-2007, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought it might be nice for us to get to know each other a bit.

What kind of birth are you planning? Do you know what you are having; do you want to know? What kind of care are you getting? What are your symptoms? How are you feeling emotionally? Is this #1 or #5? Spill it all.

fambedsingle2.gif Heather, 25, single mom to Corbin, 5, and Orin, 3  uc.jpg  delayedvax.gif  nocirc.gif
Oh how I miss the days of femalesling.GIF  nak.gifcd.gif  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 36 Old 04-04-2007, 10:15 PM

What kind of birth are you planning? Hospital...only because of money. I'd love a hb : but dh would never go for the out of pocket cost.
Do you know what you are having; do you want to know? Dont know what it is. I don't want to know but dh does so at our u/s we will see if we can find out but I'm hoping we can't.
What kind of care are you getting? Ob/Gyn
What are your symptoms? Hungry a lot. Feeling pretty good these days.
How are you feeling emotionally? Good.
Is this #1 or #5? 4th pg, 3rd child.
#3 of 36 Old 04-04-2007, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

I'm planning a UC but may have a midwife-attended homebirth. I am not planning on getting a US, but I am contemplating it--at least a quickie one to find out the gender and see if it's twins, so we can prepare better. I'm doing self-care right now but may start seeing a midwife after 20 weeks. I've been extremely hungry, tired, and nauseated and have had some mood swings. I'm feeling really good about the pregnancy, very excited, though a little anxious that my husband may not get to be here for the birth or will have to leave soon after. This is my second child.

fambedsingle2.gif Heather, 25, single mom to Corbin, 5, and Orin, 3  uc.jpg  delayedvax.gif  nocirc.gif
#4 of 36 Old 04-05-2007, 12:08 PM

Hello! I'm Stacy, married to dh for almost 8 years! Have 4yr old RB and 2 yr old JB

What kind of birth are you planning? My first homebirth!! I've had 2 hospital births...they were wonderful experiences. I'm really looking forward to having a homebirth this time though!!!

Do you know what you are having; do you want to know? We don't find out - we love the surprise! The babe pops out and my DH says "It's a..." Love it!

What kind of care are you getting? I just got hooked up with my MW so we really haven't had anything official. I'm also going to my OB (to have him as backup in case of transfer).

What are your symptoms? Really hungry right now. Get worn out by the end of the day...don't know how much of this is pregnancy or running around after 2 boys!

How are you feeling emotionally? Pretty good, can't complain!

Is this #1 or #5? 4th pregnancy ~ 3rd child
#5 of 36 Old 04-05-2007, 12:27 PM

Hi I am Kimberly and I am Ilia's wife of almost 6 years and the proud Mama of a feisty 3 1/2 year old daughter, Laila Rachael.

What kind of birth are you planning? I am planning a midwife assisted hospital birth with a doula. My husband wanted a homebirth, but I bled a lot after the last birth, so I want to be in the hospital.

Do you know what you are having; do you want to know?
Last time I didn't want to know, but this time I do. We'll find out on May 5th.

What kind of care are you getting?
I am getting wonderful, nurturing care from a local midwifery practice. They have 4 midwives and I am really attached to 3 of them. It is okay if the other one attends the birth, since last time I did most of the work myself!

What are your symptoms?
I am very tired and have nausea even though I am finishing up week 15. I was asymptomatic with my first, so this is coming as a shock. But, it might also be sending me a message that I need to slow down and get centered.

How are you feeling emotionally? Mixed. I lost a pregnancy in November and am a little nervous this time.

Is this #1 or #5? Pregnancy #3, Baby #2 (I hope! Send sticky baby vibes!)
#6 of 36 Old 04-05-2007, 01:05 PM

Hi, I'm Kim, from Rhode Island.

Birth: I am under the care of an ob/gyn whom I really trust. I am planning a hospital birth, but want it as intervention free as possible and am studying the Bradley method of unmedicated childbirth. My friend just had a home birth and part of me SO wants that now, but my husband is not comfortable with that (my MIL had a textbook perfect pregnancy and a placenta abruptio almost killed her and my husband when she went into labor, so they're paranoid. And I am, too, a little).

Gender: We (my husband and I) are planning to find out the gender of this baby but haven't gone for the ultrasound yet. We're thinking it's a boy, though.

What am I feeling? Okay. I'm 15w2d today and yesterday was rough. I was sicker than I'd been the entire first trimester, though I think part of that is due to the fact that my entire office is sick. Great. I haven't gained too much weight yet and maternity clothes are still too big, but I have a tiny belly going on. :-) I mean, a tiny belly besides the padding I had before I had a reason for a tiny belly.

Emotionally: Happy, excited, nervous. This is somewhat due to the last question: This is pregnancy number 4, and baby number 1 for us. The others were all early losses, and I'm just so happy this little bean has decided to stick around! I can't wait to meet him/her! I thank God for this, at the same time, I can't stop feeling like this is so unreal. It's actually happening this time!
#7 of 36 Old 04-05-2007, 01:28 PM

Good Morning Ladies~

Birth: I am seeing a wonderful OB/Gyn and planning a hospital birth. My sister is CNS specializing in mother/fetal care...so I hope to have her assist at the birth.

Gender: I do not know what my little bean is yet...I should find out at my next appointment on the 24th. I can't wait.

Symptoms: horrible heartburn. I am resorting to eating very bland foods and it is seeming to help a bunch. I am tired in the afternoons, but other then that I feel great!!

This is #1 for me.

Michelle Mama to Lucy 9/07
"Seek the wisdom of the ages but, look at the world through the eyes of a child" Ron Wild
#8 of 36 Old 04-05-2007, 01:31 PM

What kind of birth are you planning? freestanding birth center with a CNM who is one of denver's most beloved. we are soo happy with our care there!

Do you know what you are having; do you want to know? surprise!!!! i think it's a girl, dh thinks it's a boy. we're having fun enjoying the anticipation.

What kind of care are you getting? our mw is amazing. she's very supportive and non-invasive. she just supports our decisions knowing that we're informed.

What are your symptoms? pretty hungry and worn out. my nipples are still very tender. ha, my jeans don't fit! the mood swings are prevailing, and dh is pretty stressed by them. i'm trying to be good! another symptom is babytalkitis... which i can't seem to control!

How are you feeling emotionally? decent. quite a bit of anxiety though as my mind isn't really quite sure how to handle all of this! i am having very strange dreams.

Is this #1 or #5? first child!!!!!! :

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
#9 of 36 Old 04-05-2007, 01:46 PM

What kind of birth are you planning? Intervention free (no IV, no constant fetal monitoring, free to eat and drink, no meds) at hospital birthing center with midwife (She's adamant that nobody will mess with me because she's in charge )

Do you know what you are having; do you want to know? Its a surprise!

What kind of care are you getting? I'm seeing a midwife regularly at centering appointments, the appointments are self-lead with all the other mama's due at the same time (we do our own charts), and we discuss a new topic every time with videos and occasional guest speakers.

What are your symptoms? Not too many, just feelings tired. My appetite is off and on, sometimes I'm just not hungry for anything but no problems gaining weight.

How are you feeling emotionally? I feel pretty good emotionally, I have some off days but talking to my DF usually helps. I have a much shorter fuse but people are usually understanding with that

Is this #1 or #5? Baby number one!

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#10 of 36 Old 04-05-2007, 02:43 PM

Hi. I'm Jamie. This is my 2nd baby. We are planning on a mw attended hb. It's a girl and we are pleased b/c we already have a son whom is 15 months. Right now I'm exhausted. I haven't been on much this week b/c i've been soo tired. I can't even think straight. Pregnancy brain is in full affect right now. Other than that I feel pretty good. Sometimes a little sick after I eat, but I try to just ignore it. I'm really enjoying our bb, i've learned so much and gotten so much helpful info here!

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#11 of 36 Old 04-05-2007, 03:20 PM

Hi- I'm Birdie- Live in beautiful, windy Wyoming. One husband, one dog, one demonic cat...

What kind of birth are you planning? Hospital but as intervention free as possible!

Do you know what you are having; do you want to know? I sort of wanted to wait and be suprised, but the husband really wants to know ahead of time. And, I figure this is happening to him too, so why not indulge him a bit. And of course, he can't know anything I don't! We find out on May 7, if the little critter cooperates.

What kind of care are you getting? I'm seeing the only midwife in town. She works in a practice with 3 OBGYN's. I've met one of them and she doesn't seem too bad, but I hope my midwife is around when I go into labor...

What are your symptoms? My symptoms are getting better at this point...was literally sick and tired for all of the 1st trimester. Lately, I've felt pretty much like my old self. If anything, I'm hungrier and having weird dreams.

How are you feeling emotionally? Its up and down, really. I've been low a few times...just overwhelmed by all of this as it was an unplanned pregnancy and quite a suprise since I was on the pill. But I've always known that I wanted to be a Mama one day and I think this was just the universe's way of saying "get on it!!" So most days I'm excited, with a few moments of anxiety once and a while.

Is this #1 or #5? First Baby

Mama to Otto (9/07) and expecting Greta (EDD 6/13)  familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.giflactivist.gif

#12 of 36 Old 04-05-2007, 04:07 PM

I am Wendi (almost 38) married and living in Oregon.

What kind of birth are you planning? Another unassisted waterbirth.

Do you know what you are having; do you want to know? I don't know and won't find out but there is part of me that wants to know. They have all been surprises so I will keep it that way.

What kind of care are you getting? I am doing self-care and I have spoken to a midwife that is supportive of UC and will be my back up. I plan to see her around 20 weeks or so.

What are your symptoms? I was quite sick up until about 14-15 weeks. I am still occasionally sick, very tired, sore nipples (very hard to nurse) and just pretty bitchy.

How are you feeling emotionally? Did I mention bitchy? I have been up and down, some days are great and others I just cry. Watching tv is a joke, I cry at everything.

Is this #1 or #5? Baby #4, our last baby!
#13 of 36 Old 04-05-2007, 06:24 PM

What kind of birth are you planning? Planning a natural birth with my fantastic midwife...she made the room nice and cozy, dimmed the lights....It felt like home except the bed went up and down....

Do you know what you are having; do you want to know? We are finding out on April 11 and its' getting hard to wait....hoping for another girl...DD already calls baby her baby sister...

What kind of care are you getting? Great care for the MW who delivered dd 3 years ago. I need evening appts so I luck out with extra time. I will also start seeing one of the other MW's there just in case mine isn't available when I go into labor. That's how I met the one I have now...

What are your symptoms? All day sickness is finally starting to make it's exit...wahoo!! Right now, I'm hungry all the time bc I haven't been able to keep anything in there...My breasts have begun to feel heavy and tender....

How are you feeling emotionally? Scattered....lots going on at home...

Is this #1 or #5? 3rd preg, 2nd baby
#14 of 36 Old 04-06-2007, 12:45 AM

What kind of birth are you planning?

Waterbirth at home with a midwife (my first)

I am going to see my back-up OB on Monday and I guess that outsource their ultrasounds now. I'll set my appt to find out after that. I can't wait! I feel it's a surprise whenever you find out, and I hate surprises so I'd rather get it over with. Plus, I have a garage full of boy clothes that I'd love to get rid of if it's a girl!

I am seeing my midwife in her office once a month right now. It's kind of wierd because she sets aside an hour for each patient but now I only need about 10 minutes. If I would have had time with either of the first two births to talk to my OB (first time) or midwife (second time) without them glancing at their watches or our 5 minute appt being interupted I would have been so grateful. Now I don't have any questions or anything to fill up the time.

What are your symptoms:

Still nauseous. Hungry but don't like anything. Tired. Grouchy. And see below. (i'm a real treat to hang out with!)

How are you feeling emotionally?

Just awful. I want to cry all the time and don't feel like I am doing a good job with my two little ones. :

This is baby #3 for me. I had one miscarriage...it was my first pregnancy. I can't believe how many of us have experienced that awful occurrence. Sticky vibes all around!

Susan~Mama to Atticus (2003), Creeley (2005), Townsyn (2007) and a fourth boy on the way in 2011!
#15 of 36 Old 04-06-2007, 01:10 AM - Thread Starter

I get overly emotional, too

#16 of 36 Old 04-06-2007, 01:18 AM

I am Karen, living in N. California but moving back to the Boston area by sometime in June (I hope).

I am hoping for my first homebirth. I am still in the process of interviewing midwives which is a bit difficult when it's totally over the phone. DH is out East right now looking at houses so once he finds something I will fly out and 1) take care of looking at the houses, 2) Meeting with homebirth midwives, and 3) going by a couple of Montessori pre-schools that we are trying to sign DD up with for the fall.

We don't know and I am totally confused on the vibes. I initially felt all girl vibes and my family seems to feel I'm having a girl. Since then though I've felt a lot of boy vibes as well. We won't be finding out the gender unless we accidently see something on our u/s.
I have all gender neutral clothes for the newborn stage and then it's totally girlly stuff. My sister has two boys and is done with babies so if it's a boy she'll be bringing me over about 3 totes full of boy clothes.

I see two different CNM's in a practice with 3 other OBs. I like both midwives and really can't complain about them rushing me through appointments but I just don't get the best vibes from one of them. She seems a bit cold. In the end it won't matter as it is very doubtful I will be living here and have them for the birth. For now I'm fine with the monthly checkups.

What are your symptoms?
Thankfully all of my super nauseaus symptoms have disappeared. I am a bit off on my appetite though. With DD I was constantly starving but lately I feel hungry but full at the same time. Sort of odd. Food looks super good but I can't eat large portions. Other than that my only other annoying symptom is vicious leg cramps. My accupuncturist said this was from a lack of calcium and magnesium so I am taking a liquid cal-mag supplement to see if that helps.

With my last pregnancy I felt very emotional at the beginning but with this pregnancy it seems to be hitting me more in the 2nd tri. I think it's probably just a timing issue. My boss is rather weird about my pregnancy and with our upcoming move I am suddenly feeling all sappy about an area I've longed to leave. It is beautiful here but so far away from family. I just hate saying good-bye normally so add all these hormones and the tears start rolling down my face.

Is this #1 or #5?
This is baby #2. DD is 2.5 yrs old and my EDD is 4 days before her birthday. I hope the baby gets it's own birthday as no one wants to share a birthday with their sibling.
#17 of 36 Old 04-06-2007, 06:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This will be our second home birth after our first was born in a hospital by unnecesarean. I am so eager to see what this birth is like! Hoping and praying it's shorter than the first two (both about 3 days!), and I know having it be my second VB it really may be different. I'll labor in water but am unlikely to have a waterbirth.

We don't know yet and won't find out. I think it's a girl - but I thought that last time, too, and my beautiful DS is definitely NOT a girl! I do have a strong feeling about it this time, that's more than the logic+intuition of last time. If we happen to catch a peek on the u/s, that'd be great, but we won't ask!

My MW comes to us, which is awesome. It's supposed to be every 4 weeks but so far the schedule has been 11w, 13w, and we'll see her again at 16w! We haven't heard the heartbeat by doppler yet, hence the extra visits. I'm so glad she'll do that for me! We have about an hour visit each time and it's great. My boys get so excited to see her!

What are your symptoms?
Very tired. Hungry - often quite suddenly, and if I wait too long, I can barely eat anything. Nauseous on and off, but I don't actually get sick very much (hugely different than my last 2 pregnancies!).

Pretty well. Of course I'll cry over birth stories (and can't get enough of them!). I'm probably a little short with my DH these days. And a little stressed about the baby (and not having found her yet via doppler). But in general, I'm excited and just eager for the weeks to pass by!

Is this #1 or #5?
This is our third!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#18 of 36 Old 04-06-2007, 10:02 AM

Hi, I am Rachel, Texan girl living in Germany with my French DH.

What kind of birth are you planning? I am planning a homebirth with a midwife. I would like to labor alone most of the time, only calling the MW at the last minute or even just after the birth. I am considering a water birth, just for the experience of it, but don't feel a particularly strong pull towards that.

Do you know what you are having We are not finding out the sex. I have a feeling it is a girl and I was right with the other 3, but it doesn't really matter. I like the surprise of finding out at the birth.

What kind of care are you getting? I have a MW that I realy like. She is very laid back and friendly and we share a lot of the same pregnancy and parenting ideals. I am going very low-tech and laid back this time around. No ultrasound, no doppler, only urine and blood tests and occasional weight checks.

What are your symptoms? How are you feeling emotionally? Is this #1 or #5?
This is baby #4 - totally unplanned. I have an 8yo ds, a 6yo dd and a 3yo ds.
I am at almost 17 weeks. I am finally past the nausea and am able to eat just about anything. My belly is pretty big and my breasts are still sore but I feel good overall. I keep telling myself that I am as strong and healthy as I was 10 years ago, and there is no reason that this pregnancy should be hard on me. I do need to get a bit more exercise though.
Emotionally I am doing fairly well also. We are having financial troubles at the moment but I try not to dwell on it. Just tell myself that everything will work out. DH is working hard and has a lot of stress due to his work, and needing to find a new job and of course the $ issues, so he is not terribly supportive or involved with theis pregnancy. I wish he were. And being so far from my family is difficult emotionally. At night when I am lying awake and all is quiet I place my hand on my belly and concentrate on the baby and that makes me feel happy and peaceful. ANd the kids are very eccited about the new baby; so that is fun sharing the pregnancy with them.
#19 of 36 Old 04-06-2007, 01:16 PM

What kind of birth are you planning? I will be having a repeat c-section.

Do you know what you are having; do you want to know? No, and no. With our first two we really wanted to find out, but couldn't. I really loved the surprise last time so this time we're going to wait to find out until baby is born! I'm almost sure its a boy though (and I was right with my other two)!

What kind of care are you getting? I'm seeing a male OB that I really like (used him w/ my last pregnancy as well) but he's moving away this summer, so I will be meeting the female OB who is taking over for him at my next appt.

What are your symptoms? How are you feeling emotionally? I have been sick off and on, but am feeling pretty good now at 16 weeks. I have been really tired and cranky though!

Is this #1 or #5? This will be baby #3!!!

Sarah : , mama to Lucas (8) , Ryan (5) : , Andrew (1yr) , and someone new : due early Dec.
#20 of 36 Old 04-06-2007, 01:35 PM

Hi, I'm Jodi, married to my best friend SAH Papa Micah, mama of Breck who's 28 months!

What kind of birth are you planning? I am very excited to be having a homebirth, my first!

Do you know what you are having; do you want to know? I know it's a baby, but that's about it. We will have the u/s, but not finding out the sex until birth. I also love the suprise. DH announces the baby by his/her name, which we also keep secret!

What kind of care are you getting? I'm seeing a wonderful m/w who I really like, although I still feel like I don't know her as well as I want to before the birth gets here.

What are your symptoms? Belly finally popped out, I'm in maternity clothes all week at work, although they still look ridiculously big, they are WAY more comfy than my regular clothes. I started feeling the baby move also in the past week or so, which has been awesome!

How are you feeling emotionally? VERY weepy!! Walking into Starbucks the other day I started crying about who knows what and could hardly get my order out! I'm also feeling very eager to connect more with the baby, laying around at night with my hands on my belly, constantly checking out my profile, naked or clothed, feeling for my fundus... I also had a m/c in September, so this has been much more difficult than my son's pregnancy!

Is this #1 or #5? 2nd baby, 3rd pregnancy

Jodi -full time working wife to a SAH Papa; mama to my boys Breck (12/04), David (09/07), and Elliot (01/10); always remembering our loss, Jordyn Justine (09/06)

#21 of 36 Old 04-06-2007, 03:26 PM

Hello fellow Pregnant Goddesses, I'm Meghan living in western Nevada, at the base of the Sierra Nevadas

What kind of birth are you planning? I'm planning a homebirth. We talked about UC in the beginning and that's still the plan, but I don't like categorizing myself about doing this or that - I'm just going with the flow. Sometimes I feel like I would like to have my midwife there, other times I don't. We'll see as time goes on. She's a wonderful midwife, though, and open to whatever we decide on doing.

Do you know what you are having; do you want to know? I won't be having an ultrasound. If I had to guess, I would say girl just because this pregnancy feels different. I don't want to find out by ultrasound. My dreams are usually very telling - so far I've had a couple girl dreams and one ambiguous.

What kind of care are you getting? I saw my midwife at 12 weeks to hear the heartbeat and discuss our feeling on doing the birth alone. I think I would like to get together with her again this month around 20 weeks just to hear the heartbeat again and chat with her more (that's what I miss about prenatals). Otherwise, I'm taking great care of myself!

What are your symptoms? Allergies and eczema! I've never had them this bad. I'm hungry all the time right now. I've been feeling the babe move and I'm just falling in love.

How are you feeling emotionally? Good. I cry at silly things and my husband and I laugh about it. Otherwise, I'm feeling very peaceful and excited about our expanding family.

Is this #1 or #5? 2! My son Joaquin will be two in June.
#22 of 36 Old 04-06-2007, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

I am so jealous of those feeling movement. I'm 15 weeks today and nothing yet! any day now. Please move baby! Kick me hard!

#23 of 36 Old 04-06-2007, 05:18 PM

Hello! I am 38 and have been married to my DH for almost 10 mos. Looking forward to my 1st Anniversary in June.

What kind of birth are you planning? My first homebirth and a waterbirth!! I'm glad that I have the finances to do this otherwise it would definitely be in a hospital.

Do you know what you are having; do you want to know? We will find out at the end of the month. My DH wants to know. I could wait, but he's impatient. I've had girl vibes ever since I discovered I was pg. Definitely an independent spirit though.

What kind of care are you getting? I have been going to my OB office though my insurance, but have recently switched to MW care. I will have my first prenatal with her in May. I've had no complaints with the OB care, it's the hospital and not knowing who I will be dealing with that makes me feel I just want to do it at home.

What are your symptoms? Morning sickness is going bye bye. Yay! Just generally hungry. Not as much food aversion. Sometimes I can't sleep at night....I think it's when I eat spicy food during the day. DH is about 100 degrees too hot for me to get close too. That's a bummer for me cuz I love to snuggle. Starting to get intermittent twinges in my uterus. Maybe I'm feeling the baby kick now, but I'm not sure.

How are you feeling emotionally? Great!

Is this #1 or #5? #1 finally. It took a long time to find the right man for the job. AND I wanted to fulfill some life goals.

Laura~ wife to my stuntman, Stig, mama to Gavin Rutgar reading.gif(4) and now Wyatt Andreas (1) and 2 little angel1.gif.

#24 of 36 Old 04-06-2007, 06:22 PM

Freestanding birth center. My first two were hospital births (there was no birth center in our area at that time), so I'm really looking forward to the more personal and comfortable atmosphere.

Do you know what you are having; do you want to know? We found out with the first 2, but now that we have a boy and a girl, we want to let this one be a surprise.

Great care from the midwives at the BC.

What are your symptoms? How are you feeling emotionally?
Things are really calm right now. Emotionally, I feel normal. Physically, I feel pretty good with the exception of more heartburn than usual.

Is this #1 or #5? This is my 3rd and final (assuming no future surprises!)

Stephanie mom to Brianna (6/00) , Alexander (6/02) , and Ethan (9/07) .
#25 of 36 Old 04-06-2007, 06:27 PM

What a great idea! I love to be able to read everyone's info all in one place.

I'm Megan - a SAHM to my very sweet, very attached two year old Dacey Allyse. DH and I will celebrate nine years of marriage in June.

Repeat c-section

Oh, we are finding out . . . if baby cooperates! I have lots of boy vibes with this one, but I don't know if that's just wishful thinking.

My beloved OB practice. Seriously. I LOVE them.

What are your symptoms?
Finally have gotten past most of the nausea, though it still rears its ugly head now and again. Lots of heartburn, gas, acne - I am lovely right now, let me tell ya!
I have stayed pretty hungry the past week or so, too.

Just a little easily irritated by small things, but nothing too bad.

Is this #1 or #5?
This will be #2 for us!

I have so enjoyed getting to know everyone so far and can't wait for the rest of our journey together!

Megan - SortaCrunchy mama to blahblah.gif Dacey (7) and energy.gif Aliza Joy (5). Expecting mo-di twin boys baby.gifbaby.gif February 2013!

#26 of 36 Old 04-06-2007, 08:16 PM

What kind of birth are you planning? We'll be doing a hospital birth with as few interventions as possible.

Do you know what you are having? Nope

Do you want to know? I don't, but dh does. We'll have to reach some kind of compromise in the next couple of days.

What kind of care are you getting? Just switched to a more natural minded ob practice

What are your symptoms? By now just a few flutters and kicks. I LOVE it!!

How are you feeling emotionally? I'm feeling very calm and peaceful. I'm sure THAT will change in about 3 months!

Is this #1 or #5?This will be #3 for us, and most likely our last.

It's great to get to know everyone!

Mom to ds (7/02), dd(2/04), ds (9/07), and dd 9/09
#27 of 36 Old 04-06-2007, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonfirefaery View Post
I am so jealous of those feeling movement. I'm 15 weeks today and nothing yet! any day now. Please move baby! Kick me hard!
Aw, don't be discouraged! It's pretty uncommon to feel movement before about 16 weeks, even in a 2nd or 3rd pregnancy. Before that, it's just as likely to be gas bubbles. I'm on my 3rd pg, and I *thought* I might have felt something (?) around 15 weeks, but I didn't feel the for-sure-real-thing until a few days ago at 16 weeks. I was sitting very quietly in my ds's room while he went to sleep, otherwise I might have missed it even then. Those first flutters are pretty light. I had forgotten how gentle they are at first -- those big powerful (and sometimes painful) kicks and pushes that come later are much more memorable, aren't they?

Stephanie mom to Brianna (6/00) , Alexander (6/02) , and Ethan (9/07) .
#28 of 36 Old 04-07-2007, 01:36 AM

What kind of birth are you planning? I'm not sure yet! A water birth for sure.

Do you know what you are having; do you want to know? I'm not sure and yes I want to know. I find out in 4 weeks!

What kind of care are you getting? Midwife...

What are your symptoms? I lost 10lbs from severe morning sickness but am now over the sickness! I'm feeling much better and have been eating A LOT.

How are you feeling emotionally? I'm scared...but mostly excited. I just hope my baby is healthy and I can meet my babies needs financially.

Is this #1 or #5? #1

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#29 of 36 Old 04-07-2007, 01:46 AM

Midwife attended home waterbirth... HOPEFULLY we are buying a house this summer and it will take place there

We don't know & I don't want to know. However DH does... I'm letting him have his way hoping it will give me more pull with names (Plus, since I'm making all the diapers, I suppose it would be nice to know in advance) We find out the 30th.

Midwife. She runs a birth center, so besides a home visit or two, we go there for appts.

What are your symptoms?
Not many anymore besides being hungry ALL the time.

Really good, actually!

Is this #1 or #5?
#3 for me #2 for DH

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
#30 of 36 Old 04-07-2007, 03:38 PM

Hello ladies!! I have a son Jakob that is about to turn 3 yrs old and I am SAHM to him.

What kind of birth are you planning? a natural VBAC birth. I am planning to labor at a hotel as long as I can and then go to the hospital, if for some reason my Ob pushes for a c-section I may drive to Tx and use a midwife there and birth at a birth center where I can try for a water birth.

I dont know yet but I want to know very badly and hopefully will find out April 19th!

Seeing an Ob, I would rather have a midwife but they can't touch me in my state.

What are your symptoms?

Right now still tired but not as bad as it was, consitipation at times but working on my diet for that. Overall feeling great!

Pretty darn good! I feel very close already with this baby. I am feeling kicks now which is really cool.

Is this #1 or #5? #2 for me but I have had 2 miscarriages before so my 4th pregnancy.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page