Did anyone else just become emotional? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 04-05-2007, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 15 weeks and still nauseous (have been since 5 weeks), but this overwhelming need to cry is new for me. The first trimester I was like a brick wall emotionally...tell me anything, I won't care. Now I feel down in the dumps and just want to cry. Anyone else?

: : :

Susan~Mama to Atticus (2003), Creeley (2005), Townsyn (2007) and a fourth boy on the way in 2011!
#2 of 13 Old 04-05-2007, 11:57 PM

Weeeeeeeeeell, yes.... kind of... I do have some crying episodes... but my big "emotion" is anger... and it kicked in about 2 weeks ago. I have really got to keep reminding myself that I'm making mountains out of molehills & whatnot so I don't fly off the handle (esp. at dh). It's happening in my dreams, too! The other night I was yelling at a hostess in a restaurant!

And I'm still nauseous, as well. It was over by now with my dd. It's not as bad as it was a month ago, I'm just tired of feeling yucky all the time.

s and hope you get some tears of joy in there, too!
#3 of 13 Old 04-06-2007, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemama View Post
Weeeeeeeeeell, yes.... kind of... I do have some crying episodes... but my big "emotion" is anger... and it kicked in about 2 weeks ago. I have really got to keep reminding myself that I'm making mountains out of molehills & whatnot so I don't fly off the handle (esp. at dh).

Same here. I've had some seemingly unwarranted weepy moments but the anger has taken me a little by surprise...I'm usually pretty laid back and don't rile easily. But lately, everything ticks me off! And logically, I know that my reactions are silly most of the time, but I still get steamed.

Deep breaths..."serenity now!"

Mama to Otto (9/07) and expecting Greta (EDD 6/13)  familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.giflactivist.gif

#4 of 13 Old 04-06-2007, 12:37 PM

YES! I'm VERY emotional all of a sudden...

Jodi -full time working wife to a SAH Papa; mama to my boys Breck (12/04), David (09/07), and Elliot (01/10); always remembering our loss, Jordyn Justine (09/06)

#5 of 13 Old 04-06-2007, 01:14 PM

I just keep getting more and more emotional. Anger has definitely been bubbling, frustration overwhelming and crying very often. I just try to ride the roller coaster of pregnancy and hope a fun part is just around the bend.
Wendi
#6 of 13 Old 04-06-2007, 02:32 PM

I hit the crying spell. I cried for 2 days straight... I don't even remember what it was for...lol... I do think it was around 14wks.

My anger was subsided. I usually get p'od off very quickly... For once I'm like "whatever"... It's really wonderful, I have family members who are trying to fire me up, and I have no desire to jump...
#7 of 13 Old 04-07-2007, 02:58 PM

With my pregnancy with my son I was super emotional and cried for no reason at all during my 1st trimester was the worse.

This pregnancy hasn't been bad at all emotionally for me. I have had some times were I felt more emotional but not to many.
#8 of 13 Old 04-07-2007, 03:08 PM

Oh yes. The weekend that I hit 15 weeks I was a wreck. I couldn't hold it together for anything. I'm also a little edgy with poor dh, he got blasted yesterday poor guy. It seems to have leveled off for now though. : That it's almost over!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#9 of 13 Old 04-07-2007, 03:29 PM

So that's what's going on? I'm clueless. Last night I got mad - and I mean mad too - at DH for falling asleep before me. My heart was pumping and everything! So I woke him up to tell him off. He apologized and turned over and fell right back asleep which left me feeling so unsatisfied. It took me a while to calm down and fall asleep.

Now looking back I guess he didn't really provoke me like I felt last night.

I know that in the last few weeks I am much more testy with DH than ever before. It takes a lot to get me mad, I'm pretty laid back in general but it's been every weekend. Last weekend I had a crying spell that lasted Sat and Sun. The weekend before I was mad at him for not helping with the cleaning unless I tell him what to do.

When we have time together I seem to get upset one way or another with him. But still I don't have much sympathy for him... bad, huh?
#10 of 13 Old 04-07-2007, 04:07 PM

Yes!!! This is me too!!

I am not usually an emotional person.... but now.... watch out!!!

mamas2atti ~ hang in there girl!! I had terrible m/s 24/7 from week five on... and now at almost 19 weeks... oh yes... I have relief. It is coming for you too!

hazieluna ~ I could have just written your posting myself! My dh and I never used to get upset with eachother... now it seems like a daily thing. Yesterday I started crying and had to remind him... HEY I am pregnant! I just do not think that he understands what we are going through with our up/down emotions! Thanks hormones!

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#11 of 13 Old 04-07-2007, 05:38 PM

me too!
not everyday, but enough that some days are written off (way too emotional to function)
#12 of 13 Old 04-07-2007, 07:03 PM

My emotions have definitely been affected from early on. I feel generally down, and anxious, and tend to take things more personally than necessary.

I'm about 19 weeks now and it's getting better. At first I felt overwhelmed, maybe I'd changed my mind about wanting a second child. And I felt like people weren't supporting me and were on my case. Feeling better now, though.
#13 of 13 Old 04-07-2007, 09:17 PM

Though I am not overwhelmingly nauseous and tired it is still there. I am napping a couple times a week and still easily upset by off smells. Ugh.

The emotions - I know where you are coming from. I cannot think about anything remotely upsetting w/o tearing up. It is so embarassing. I was so angry during my third pregnancy that dh said he could wait for the nursing hormones to kick in so that I would relax, not be so angry. I retorted that I didn't want to relax, I wanted everyone else to get their act together! I nursed through the last pregnancy and this one so he has no hope of it getting any better.

Normal but not good. Is it any easier to live with knowing we are all going through it?

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page