New here :) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 04-08-2007, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there! I wondered over here after reading homebirth stories late last night and could not wait to post a hello!!

I am currently part of a due in board on another message board that is nothing but elective and repeat Csections...so yeah, I had to exit

This is final baby #7 for us AND my first homebirth...kind of excited about that! Our last was born at the free standing birth center 20 minutes from here (all others were hospital and induced)...close location, but not close enough, we got there with 5 minutes to spare and he was (thankfully!) born in the water! I said never again will I labor IN THE CAR while driving frantically, that was no fun!! SO home it is!!

I have an AWESOME amazing hands off midwife who has helped me learn to trust myself/body. This last birth gave me so much confidence as a mother.

I am also a DONA trained birth doula, but it has been many years since I practiced...I've been busy *ROFLMBO*
6 kids ages 12, 9 (autistic) ,7,5,almost 3 and 17 months.
And yes number seven is our last
I am 32, an artist, and dh is a massage therapist...yes I am one lucky pregnant girl

We AP, BF, TRY and eat only organic (can't always afford it!) we cloth diaper, co sleep, are against vax & circ'ing and we baby wear.

nice to meet you all!
#2 of 12 Old 04-08-2007, 07:49 PM

Welcome to the group Chris! WOW! #7 - I can't wait to hear some of your stories...we've always wanted a big family! I'm Stacy - got 2 lil' boys 4 and 2. Look forward to getting to know you more!! Enjoy yourself here...lots to see and learn!
#3 of 12 Old 04-08-2007, 08:29 PM

HI! I'm Jamie, mom to 1 and 1 on the way. I'm a doula too, although I'm Alace trained. You will like this board b/c there are lots and lots of openminded women on this board, and you will be amazed how many of us our homebirthing. Including me! Just jump right in!

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#4 of 12 Old 04-08-2007, 08:53 PM

So great to have you here. Seven is a handful but also loads of fun - can you tell it was a good day here? My parents came and cooked for us so there was no travel on not too much work for me. I hope I get to know you as the months fly by.

Which state is the mitten state?

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#5 of 12 Old 04-08-2007, 11:36 PM

Welcome mama!

Susan~Mama to Atticus (2003), Creeley (2005), Townsyn (2007) and a fourth boy on the way in 2011!
#6 of 12 Old 04-09-2007, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

thank you all I feel very welcome already!!

The mitten state is Michigan,...you know someone is from Michigan if they hold up their hand to show you where on the *mitten* they live

I live (right palm facing up) at the bottom right hand corner by the crease in your wrist LOL)

I would love to share some of my stoires ,....but I also dont want to scare anyone else out of having more kids *ROFL* jk We LOVE having a large family, it has its challenges, but it is so rewarding as well.
I have LOADS to tell, my group is something else, but yes incredibly (cute) &fun!!
#7 of 12 Old 04-09-2007, 10:17 AM

Hi and welcome. I am Karen, wahm to Madeline- 2.5 and expecting #2 sometime around Sept 13th. That's amazing that you have 6 children. I wish I had started when I was a bit younger but then I guess fate didn't lead me to my hunny until I was in my late 20's. Had I married younger I'm sure I'd have a brood of kids.

I totally empathize with you about other due date forums. I am part of another one as well and have to hold back when so many women tell stories of OBs talking down to them and refusing VBACs and such.

Well wishes for a safe and happy pregnancy.
#8 of 12 Old 04-09-2007, 12:01 PM

Welcome to our ddc! Sounds like you have lots of experience to share! So glad you found us.
#9 of 12 Old 04-09-2007, 01:05 PM

Welcome! Congratulations on your first homebirth. I hope it is everything you want it to be. Glad to have you here with us.
Wendi
#10 of 12 Old 04-09-2007, 01:47 PM

Welcome! Nice to have you on our humble board.
#11 of 12 Old 04-09-2007, 04:02 PM

Hi and welcome!! I would like to be a doula someday but I have a special needs son that takes a lot of care so I am waiting tell he is in school and I have better childcare to start my doula career.

I am having baby #2 myself, I am planning a vbac with this one all natural.
#12 of 12 Old 04-09-2007, 04:39 PM

Welcome! We need to get together! I am expecting my 6th and we live on the Lenawee/Monroe county line. (I assume you know where that is by your description) Was it Mother's Own where you delivered? I want to deliver there, but because of insurance issues I'm not. (Linda's great!)I also have very fast labors. PM (private message) me (click on my underlined name in the thread) and I can give you my email and or phone # and maybe we can get together sometime. There are so few people around with large families and who are crunchy. Also go to the Finding your tribe area and look at the Toledo and/or Lenawee county threads. I think there is also a Downriver and Ann Arbor mamas thread there. We are also AP, ecologically BF, BW, co-sleep,would like to do organic, but with a big family the cost slows us down, don't circ, selectively vax and are planning to try cloth diapers (that I am making, have all the goodies for it) for the first time. We have a lot in common!

Katie, mama to Katherine 19, Christian 17, Johannah 15, Nicholas 10, Genevieve 8, Matthew 5, Andrew 11/16/09 10#6oz home waterbirth and madly in love with  my husband, Scott

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page