How much are you sleeping? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-10-2007, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just curious...but how much are you sleeping each night or day (with nap times)?

I find lately that I rarely have time for a nap, and if I do get one, unless I am sick or incredibly tired, if I nap I can't sleep at night.

Maybe it's my age...I never recalled sleeping this little and surviving in younger years!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2007, 01:00 AM

I never get a nap in anymore. During the 1st tri I would take a nap on the weekends but I work all day and there's no time. I'd say I get about 7 hrs of sleep at night. I usually go to bed at 10PM and get up at 5 AM for work. I could probably use an extra hour or two but it's difficult to get things done until DD is in bed.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:18 AM

I don't sleep well at night and I would say I get a nap in 2 days a week for an hour, maybe a little more. At night I get one 3 hour stretch and then maybe another 1 or 2 before I get up in the morning. I am exhausted, cranky and have the shortest fuse ever. I hate that break in my sleep during the night. My bladder wakes me up and then I am awake.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:39 AM

I usually fall asleep around 10pm, and sleep until 6am, then go back to sleep for another hour... so about 9 hours total. However, I'm usually up at least once or twice to pee during that time.

Occassionaly I'll fall asleep on the couch if DH and I are watching a movie, but that's the only time I nap anymore. Luckily I'm out of the first trimester and I don't feel like I HAVE to nap every day.

DS:15 DD:12 DS:7 DS:5
Surrogate baby born: 9/17/12
Surrogate baby due: 12/14/14
Old 04-11-2007, 07:59 AM

I'm sleeping a lot. I go to bed early, sleep till 8:30 or 9:00. Usually take a nap during the day too. However, I think I am anemic and I'm hoping that I can get my hemoglobin count up and not be so tired all the time.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:11 AM

I was going to whine about getting 8 1/2 hours of sleep per night (interupted by a pee break or two), but compared to some of you, I think I have it good! Of course, this will be our first child, so that does make a difference...
-Julie

Julie, mom to Ansel (Sept '07) and Amalia (Sept '10)
Old 04-11-2007, 12:01 PM

I usually nap with DS - about 1.5 hours most days, and then go to bed with him at around 9:30-10. Up at least 1-2x at night to pee or just because I'm uncomfortable, or because DS is up (luckily he's pretty much nightweaned!) Then I try to get up an hour or so before DS in the morning because otherwise I don't get ANY time to myself all day and I go a little nutso.

So all tolled about 9-10 hours probably most days. I need a lot of sleep even when not pg. In the first tri I was needing 12-14 hours per day, and non-pg I need at least 9.

Plaid Leopard - I had some anemia with DS and Floradix worked wonders to get my iron level up.

Mama to two crazy boys (8/05 & 9/07) and happy wife to one wonderful hubby.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:17 PM

I'm generally sleeping around 8 hours a night but the quality of that sleep is somewhat lacking. I feel like I am tossing and turning and my body is all tense and crampy or something. I get plenty of excersise and have been drinking warm milk before bed but still sleeping fitfully. Oh well. Maybe I'm just in training for when that little bundle of joy gets here.

Mama to Otto (9/07) and expecting Greta (EDD 6/13)  familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.giflactivist.gif

Old 04-11-2007, 01:55 PM

In the 1st tri I was sleeping about 13 hours a day. Now I am getting about 8 hours. I am one of those people that needs 8 hours when I am not pregnant so I usually need more sleep. I have been tired still but can't seem to settle down when I do try to nap.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:58 PM

just in the last week or so (after i hurt my shoulder), i have been sleeping horribly. even after the chiro fixed my shoulder, i haven't been able to sleep more than three hours at a time. i wake up constantly! i guess my body's getting used to a newborn schedule, slowly but surely. it's so frustrating because it seems as though just as i get to sleep... it's time to get up for work. blech. :

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
Old 04-11-2007, 04:15 PM

Not as much as I'd like to!!! The past couple of weeks I would get SO tired in the afternoon, I HAD to lay down for a nap. Then, of course that night I couldn't sleep. This week has been better - no need for naps. I'm actually nesting - wanting to "spring clean" everything!
Nighttime I usually like to get 10 or so hours. But I've only been getting around 7 or 8. Lots of pee breaks in there too. Usually I don't have any trouble going back to sleep after getting up to pee. I bought a watermelon the other night and it is so in the middle of the night!!
Old 04-11-2007, 07:01 PM

If I don't eat anything that drives my adrenal bonkers I get 9 hours with a nightly pee in the middle.
It seems I sleep crappy if I eat Mexican or Chinese

Laura~ wife to my stuntman, Stig, mama to Gavin Rutgar reading.gif(4) and now Wyatt Andreas (1) and 2 little angel1.gif.

Old 04-11-2007, 07:33 PM

I've been having a lot of anxiety dreams,where I am running around searching for someone or something and can't ever find it. The other night I dreamed my dd's foot fell off. I don't feel particularly rested in the morning. Last night I had a horrible nightmare. My other pregs I had nice dreams and lots of very ummm - interesting- dreams involving myself and various men, sometimes my DH. ahem.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Leopard View Post
My other pregs I had nice dreams and lots of very ummm - interesting- dreams involving myself and various men, sometimes my DH. ahem.

I *wish* I'd have some of those "interesting" dreams...right now I'm just getting the weird, disturbing stuff...

Mama to Otto (9/07) and expecting Greta (EDD 6/13)  familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.giflactivist.gif

Old 04-11-2007, 08:58 PM

Plaid Leopard ~ Yea what's up with the funky sex dreams? I've had more of these dreams in the past month then I've had in.....oh.... 22 years since I have been sexually active.

The nights I get good rest the more of these crazy dreams I have! No complaints.....but I can't really share them with DH....unless it's the one with him in it.

Laura~ wife to my stuntman, Stig, mama to Gavin Rutgar reading.gif(4) and now Wyatt Andreas (1) and 2 little angel1.gif.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:22 PM

I sleep as much as possible, but it has really varied throughout the pregnancy. I was going to bed at 6:30PM until about 6:30 AM and then taking two naps a day with my son. I was exhausted! Now I go to bed with him occasionally but he's staying up until 7-7:#0 now and I usually only take 1 short nap with him.
I don't think I sleep as much as it sounds like though b/c I get up to pee about 6-10. No joke. How restful can that be? And during a nap the first time I get up to pee I can't go back to sleep.. So sometimes naps are like only 15 minutes long for me.

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:38 AM

During the first trimester, somewhere between 10 and 11 hours of sleep (sometimes with a nap) seemed to be the right amount. Now I'm down to about 9 hours being the amount that my body wants.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:51 AM

DS gets me up between 630-730 am and I lay down with him at night between 730 and 930 pm depending on what's going on. We also nap somewhere between 30 min and 3 hours during the day. I don't "have time" to lay down with him and sleep, but I really feel the affects on my body if I don't. The house is a mess, but I know I need to listen to my body with sleep needs. I've always been high-sleep-needs. Whether I nap or not during the day, I also sleep semi-poorly at night, waking up at least three times to pee, and having usually an hour or two of insomnia wide awake as well.

User Tag List