I'm Leaking! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 04-11-2007, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been waiting and hoping. I love when this happens; a reaffirmation for me of my body getting ready to make food for my coming baby . This is especially special this time because I've had so many problems BFing in the past. I see this as another chance.

4 kids under 10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 04-11-2007, 12:35 PM

That's great!! I keep hoping that I'll start leaking soon, but so far nothing... I even squeeze my nipples about once a week, hoping for something to appear...

DS:15 DD:12 DS:7 DS:5
Surrogate baby born: 9/17/12
Surrogate baby due: 12/14/14
#3 of 15 Old 04-11-2007, 12:46 PM

Hooray! Lucky you! I wish I would start getting some colostrum because I think it would really make my 2yo happy. He is quite sad that "breast not workin'". I really want to keep him nursing through my pregnancy. I hope nursing goes smoothly and easily for you this time.
Wendi
#4 of 15 Old 04-11-2007, 12:54 PM

YAY! I too am looking forward to it coming in. I don't think my ds is getting anything anymore. He's still going at it like there is but he'll tell me "no milk in there"
#5 of 15 Old 04-11-2007, 02:40 PM

Yay! I've had a lot of leaking for a couple of weeks now, due to being a wild teenager and getting piercings there (they've been removed for a few years). I was also relieved to know they're working correctly, now that my shirts and bras are getting soaked constantly its a bit of a nuisance but its all for a good cause

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#6 of 15 Old 04-11-2007, 02:50 PM

Seriously? I had no idea this could even happen this early. Guess I'm not reading the right books! I've had a tiny bit of what I would term discharge (kind of thick and off-white/yellowish just on the tip) but nothing I would describe as liquid...I suppose, though, that like everything else this would vary from person to person?

(Sorry if that was TMI... )

Mama to Otto (9/07) and expecting Greta (EDD 6/13)  familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.giflactivist.gif

#7 of 15 Old 04-11-2007, 02:57 PM

Yay for you. My supply is way down but so is my desire to be nursing. Too bad my little one doesn't agree. If she keeps trying she'll get a surpise soon enough!

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#8 of 15 Old 04-11-2007, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbirdbrain View Post
Seriously? I had no idea this could even happen this early. Guess I'm not reading the right books! I've had a tiny bit of what I would term discharge (kind of thick and off-white/yellowish just on the tip) but nothing I would describe as liquid...I suppose, though, that like everything else this would vary from person to person?

(Sorry if that was TMI... )
The 'discharge' you're talking about sounds like colostrum, which is what I'm leaking. White milk doesn't come in as far as I've experienced until after the baby is born.

4 kids under 10
#9 of 15 Old 04-11-2007, 03:25 PM

Wahoo for you! I'm still nursing and I still have milk. (Or milkies if you talk to DD) We are down to usually once at bed time or waking up, but she has missed some nights. I keep hoping that perhaps I will dry up or the colostrum will come and she'll decide she's done, but it never happened the 2 other times I nursed through pregnancy. <sigh> Its such a bittersweet thing, especially since most of my others were around 4 when they weaned, but I'm ready to somewhat have my breasts to myself for a couple of months, since I have been nursing for the past 14 years straight.

BTW I was holding my breath for a minute because by the title I though you were leaking amniotic fluid. Glad its colostrum.

Katie, mama to Katherine 21, Christian 19, Johannah 17, Nicholas 12, Genevieve 10, Matthew 7, Andrew 11/16/09 10#6oz home waterbirth and madly in love with my husband, Scott
#10 of 15 Old 04-11-2007, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewaggonerfamily View Post
BTW I was holding my breath for a minute because by the title I though you were leaking amniotic fluid. Glad its colostrum.
Oh dear! I should have worded that better. DP thought the same thing when I called him at work all excited. He mistook my excitement for freaking out and thought that "leaking" meant amniotic fluid.

4 kids under 10
#11 of 15 Old 04-11-2007, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanguine_speed View Post
Oh dear! I should have worded that better. DP thought the same thing when I called him at work all excited. He mistook my excitement for freaking out and thought that "leaking" meant amniotic fluid.
ME TOO YOU HAD ME FREAKED

*******but then I wondered, why does she have a smiley face attached?
#12 of 15 Old 04-11-2007, 04:40 PM

I am still nursing DD but I know she's getting barely anything. Even in th shower with warm water on my chest I get only drops to come out. With DD I had the colostrum discharge from late in the 2nd tri but not anything significant and went on to have oversupply issue.
#13 of 15 Old 04-11-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanguine_speed View Post
The 'discharge' you're talking about sounds like colostrum, which is what I'm leaking. White milk doesn't come in as far as I've experienced until after the baby is born.
Good to know! For all my reading and trying to self educate myself, the fact is that I am a first-timer and still pretty darn ignorant! (Its good that I can at least admit that, right? )

Mama to Otto (9/07) and expecting Greta (EDD 6/13)  familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.giflactivist.gif

#14 of 15 Old 04-11-2007, 06:01 PM

yeah I have never had problems withit ever, but was able to bf'ied my last baby for 11 months ...after taking goats rue and I noticed about 3 weeks ago when dh and I were ( ok this is TMI but still...) DTD, I was like, WHAT is that? it was only out of one though : which tells me that my breast hypoplasia ia still alive and kicking to some degree ugh!!!
#15 of 15 Old 04-12-2007, 07:28 AM

Not leaking here and I can't express anything either but I've never been a big producer. But if colostrum has started already that may explain why DS has been nursing like crazy the past few days! I thought he was just teething (which he is) but he went from nursing 1-3x per day, to every 5 minutes I swear!

The up-side to all this nursing is that he said his first sentence yesterday!

Bleee buh-bee! (translation: Please boobie!)

Mama to two crazy boys (8/05 & 9/07) and happy wife to one wonderful hubby.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page