Things DH has to done to be helpful - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-11-2007, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Alright ladies, I feel like it is due time to give my husband some props. I've written how he doesn't prepare for birth, he doesn't go get me my pregnancy cravings, but he does so much other stuff and I just wanted to put that positivity out there for him, for myself and for all of you that might want to do the same.

So here goes. He has let me take mulitple naps when I just really needed to, even though he wanted to take one too but someone had to watch ds. He has really pitched in cleaning the dishes by hand b/c we don't have a dishwasher right now and I'm just so tired of washing dishes all the dang time. (and I'm just so tired). If I say I'm going to get a massage he say's okay, even if we don't spend that kind of money on him. He took me and our son on a spontaneous super fun this past Easter weekend. We went to the Memphis Zoo, Graceland, stayed at a hotel, went to the Delta Blues museum and just had some amazing fun family quality time. It was so needed and just all around wonderful. And first and foremost, he's just a great Dad and I love watching him with my son and I'm excited to see him with his daughter. He's afraid of having two kids (even though we wanted 2), but I know he's going to be wonderful with them both.

Anyone else want to share some positives about their mate?

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 04-12-2007, 12:36 AM

My dh will do anything that I ask him to do. He has been very helpful in taking over some things in the house and he helps with our ds too.

I do not think that he completely understands my ups/downs and tiredness .... but he is trying.

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#3 of 4 Old 04-12-2007, 03:18 PM

For starters, my DH is working his tail off trying to make his new sales job work. He also picked up some extra work on the weekends. We've taken quite a hit finacially since I can't do the freelance work I use to do b/c of the pregnancy.
Also, since we've started our BM classes, he's being very good about reminding me/us to do our exercises and doing the reading every week.
I really appreciate this b/c I feel like he's getting more involved now.

SAHM and loving it with DH, DS (8/4/2007) and DS (10/10/2010)
#4 of 4 Old 04-12-2007, 03:38 PM

Where to start...Really too many things to list! He's AWESOME! My rock! I honestly can't say anything bad about him. He does anything I need him to - often without being asked/told. Let's me take naps - cooks supper - will go get me anything I'm craving or having a thought about - the list goes on and on. I try to remember to let him know how much I appreciate it and how much he means to me...Thanks for this thread - great reminder!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page