19 weeks ~ 25 lbs gained! OUCH! Anyone else? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-12-2007, 12:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello

I was about 105 before getting pregnant... 116 at first appointment.... now at 19 weeks... 130! I feel it all over my body too. EVERYWHERE, not just my tummy. I feel like I am eating pretty healthy these days too. ???

Anyone else????

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 04-12-2007, 01:21 AM

Maybe your body is just storing some extra fat to make extra rich breastmilk for your little one. I mean, 105 is a low weight unless you are pretty short. Maybe your body just needs the extra weight for the pregnancy. If your calories are mostly healthy and nourishing, I wouldn't worry about it.

And BTW, I'm 19 wks and haven't gained that much but I've gained considerably more than I did last time at this same point. You just never know!
#3 of 9 Old 04-12-2007, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

oh... I like that thought bhawkins!! I am 5'4", so I am not too terribly short. I really like the idea of my body making extra rich breastmilk!!! Makes it ALL worth it!!! Thank you for the posting!!!

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#4 of 9 Old 04-12-2007, 10:53 AM

OP, I considar 105 to be really thin for your height. So if you're truly eating healthy, don't worry about it.
#5 of 9 Old 04-12-2007, 11:35 AM

I'd consider 105 on the thinner side for 5'4". I started out at 95 lbs but I'm only 5' and that is considered thinner. I'm in the opposite boat where I lost a good bit of weight during the first tri and I'm only up 1 lb at 18 weeks. It's really hard for me to gain weight and I worry about my supply postpartum. With DD I only gained 24 lbs and had no supply issues but was physically drained and constantly ravenous. If your OB/m/w hasn't raised a concern I wouldn't be worried.
#6 of 9 Old 04-12-2007, 12:01 PM

I agree with KarenMT -- I gained 55 lbs. with my first baby and lost 11 with my second -- they were both very large babies, but my body reacted differently! If your OB is ok, just ENJOY this fascinating process -- the stretched out belly is my absolute FAV!
#7 of 9 Old 04-12-2007, 07:33 PM

Hey there-
I think I'll have gained about that much by 19 weeks - at my 17 week appt, I was 167, up from 150 prepregnancy. For me, it sure did take a crazy amount of food to gain all that weight, but eating crazy amounts of protein was all I could do to keep morning sickness away (bedtime cheeseburger, anyone??). Now that my stomach has settled down and I'm out moving fences every day, I expect the weight gain will slow down for a while. I am a HUGE fan of the Weston Price/Nourishing traditions diet, and I do feel like it's helping me to build a strong baby.
Karen, I hope you start to gain soon, but still I think the quality of our diets is more important than a set number of pounds....
Best wishes to all!
Gina
#8 of 9 Old 04-13-2007, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootopian View Post
I am a HUGE fan of the Weston Price/Nourishing traditions diet
I have been trying to eat this way too. I had recently lost 13 lbs., just from eating well, before I became pregnant. I have already gained back about 10 lbs. I was at 158 and now I'm up to 167. I just couldn't eat right during the first trimester. I didn't want to cook so we ate a lot of take-out.

I think it's fine to gain more than 30 lbs. My midwife thinks 50 lbs. is great for a first pregnancy, but that it really just depends on what you're eating.
#9 of 9 Old 04-13-2007, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies for all the great responses!!! I really do feel good... just not used to the extra weight yet. I really do eat pretty healthy because I do almost all my own cooking now. In the first three months I had such terrible m/s that I didn't eat as well as I did before pregnancy and now... but i am back on track. My appointment is Thursday... we will see if anything is said.

Thanks again !!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page