What position is your babe in?? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 07-12-2007, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My baby seems to always be in the same position. Lots of feet and hand movement, but no major shifts.

My little one is head down with its back on my right side. Feet seem to be pushing and kicking a few inches above my belly button, on my left side.

Had my app't today (31 weeks) and everything looks great!

~Debra, wife to the best DH, Nuno (9/98). Blessed SAHM momma to DS Diogo (3/04), DS Cruz (9/07) and DD Beatriz 2/2/11!!  

Welcome Beatriz!! - http://web.me.com/ng0/Beatriz/Posts/Posts.html
#32 of 47 Old 07-12-2007, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debra_lea View Post
My baby seems to always be in the same position. Lots of feet and hand movement, but no major shifts.

My little one is head down with its back on my right side. Feet seem to be pushing and kicking a few inches above my belly button, on my left side.

Had my app't today (31 weeks) and everything looks great!
This is how my lil' one is!
#33 of 47 Old 07-12-2007, 11:37 PM

Head down with feet kicking up and at my side. :

Married to my soul mate and best friend. Stay-at-home-mama, home-schooler to three magical little ones. And, blogging about a green, simple, frugal way life at rosiedreams.com.

#34 of 47 Old 07-13-2007, 01:48 AM

My baby was transverse until about two weeks ago (maybe less?) He's head down now. I'm 29 weeks.
#35 of 47 Old 07-13-2007, 08:57 PM

I've gone to the chiropractor for the last 2 days to get Webster's technique stuff done. It actually is quite uncomfortable because they press into your uterine ligaments to loosen them. The adjustments aren't too bad themselves, but not the best either.

We WILL be doing a version if all else fails, because here, a midwife must transfer care to an OB at 38 weeks (they are regulated and legislated) if the baby is breech. There aren't unlicensed midwives who practice around here. And, OBs around here don't do vaginal breech deliveries. My option would be to fight them at the hospital (yeah, nice birthing environment that would make), or having an unassisted breech birth. I'm more comfortable trying the version while at the hospital.

4 kids under 10
#36 of 47 Old 07-13-2007, 10:17 PM

sanguine_speed,

Have you been to spinningbabies.com? I haven't been lately but I think there is a video even on there showing you some exercises to help baby turn.
I'll keep my fingers crossed the Chiro works!

My babe was head down last week with the rest of the body on the left. She/he keeps switching sides and swear today is transverse. Hope their head stays down.

SAHM and loving it with DH, DS (8/4/2007) and DS (10/10/2010)
#37 of 47 Old 07-13-2007, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkihoi View Post
sanguine_speed,

Have you been to spinningbabies.com? I haven't been lately but I think there is a video even on there showing you some exercises to help baby turn.
I'll keep my fingers crossed the Chiro works!

My babe was head down last week with the rest of the body on the left. She/he keeps switching sides and swear today is transverse. Hope their head stays down.

Yes, definitely, and thank you for the suggestion. I'm doing all I can for sure, including all the things on spinning babies. The one I'm having the hardest time with is RELAXING . I think it's important but I'm so stressed out right now because if the baby doesn't turn...well, I already explained that part.

4 kids under 10
#38 of 47 Old 07-14-2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATD_Mom View Post
Can y'all tell on your own, or do you need a MW/OB/US to tell you?

At my last OB appt (2 wks ago), he said baby was head down, spine along my left side, bum up top, little hands and feet on the right.

This is how I assume baby is still lying, because there is something very large and hard above my belly button, and all the tiny jabs I feel are on my right side - as they have been all along.

But I can't actually make out body parts with my hands. Can y'all?
Nope. This is number three, and I still can't tell what's what without someone telling me. This babe is really low, too, so she feels a lot different than the other two. The doc says she's head down, and there is a hard lump on my upper right side (usually) that the doc says is her bum. Makes sense - that's where ds's bum was too, except about three inches higher.

Mama to three  
#39 of 47 Old 07-14-2007, 05:35 PM

This babe has been head down for quite a while. I feel a butt under my ribs and back laying to my left with appendages to my right. Last time I visited with my midwife she said s/he was down low and I can feel it - like bobbing up and down on my bladder.
#40 of 47 Old 07-15-2007, 01:02 PM

She was head down as of last week, hopefully she will stay that way. The dr caught her heartbeat on doppler on my left side, but I feel very hard parts (back? butt?) poking up on my right side, so I can't tell what side she's on.
#41 of 47 Old 07-15-2007, 10:32 PM

I'm now 33 weeks and baby's still breech. I've been doing Webster's for about 3 weeks now and my chiropractor has never had a baby that wouldn't turn like mine! (OHHHH this girl is gonna be stubborn - just like her mama!) Tomorrow we're going to a free standing birth center that won't risk me out just because I'm a VBAC and have a breech presentation. Also, I asked for a version through my current office (MWs and OBs) and initially I was told that I couldn't have it because of the previous Cesarian Birth, but I asked them to reconsider and see if there was any way they would be able to meet me in the middle so to speak. The practice discussed it at length and have reconsidered, so if baby girl isn't head down by 36 weeks, we'll do a Version and pray it works this time (it didn't with DS). I'm hoping the MWs I'm going to see tomorrow wouldn't have a problem with my trying a Version if she doesn't turn... my goal is to keep as many options open for as long as possible.

Daughter of the King, wife to a loving husband, mommy to DS 10/26/05, DD 9/16/07, and my precious gone to be with Jesus 12/09.
#42 of 47 Old 07-18-2007, 03:40 PM

At 30.5 weeks mine is breech posterior. I'm headed to a chiro certified in the Webster on July 26th. Both my previous two babies were head down by now!

~Tracy

Rockin' mama to Allison (9), Asher (5) and Alethea (3), head over heels in love with my sexy husband, Tony.

#43 of 47 Old 07-18-2007, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyphry View Post
She was head down as of last week, hopefully she will stay that way. The dr caught her heartbeat on doppler on my left side, but I feel very hard parts (back? butt?) poking up on my right side, so I can't tell what side she's on.
sounds like her "body" is on your right, as per my last u/s my ds was this way, and when he moves his butt pokes me on the right.. I can also feel the "bulk" of his body on my right.

so far we're still head down..
#44 of 47 Old 07-18-2007, 10:05 PM

This little one is head down and has been for awhile now. But he keeps flipping back and forth from the right to the left side. I'm not too concerned about which side he ends up on. Just as long as he stays head down.

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#45 of 47 Old 07-19-2007, 11:41 AM

At my 32-week appointment on Monday, the m/w had a hard time finding the baby's head, because it was so deep in my pelvis. Hopefully Aatje will stay that way!

It's been a worry of mine, just because I'm afraid of the discomfort of a version. My midwives are skilled at versions, but I really hate to be prodded like that, I find it so uncomfortable. I hope the other non-head-down babies turn for all of you soon!

Julie, mom to Ansel (Sept '07) and Amalia (Sept '10)
#46 of 47 Old 07-20-2007, 06:04 PM

So last week a felt a really big flip...but my sister said it was probably babe spinning....well it was a flip-flop. I have been having fluttery feeling right under my right ribs and thought it was feet....well OB confirmed today that it is her head. So I am breech at 31 weeks....ugh. I know there is still time....but there just isn't a lot of room in there. I am very small between pelvis and chest....

Michelle Mama to Lucy 9/07
"Seek the wisdom of the ages but, look at the world through the eyes of a child" Ron Wild
#47 of 47 Old 07-20-2007, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTexasgal View Post
So last week a felt a really big flip...but my sister said it was probably babe spinning....well it was a flip-flop. I have been having fluttery feeling right under my right ribs and thought it was feet....well OB confirmed today that it is her head. So I am breech at 31 weeks....ugh. I know there is still time....but there just isn't a lot of room in there. I am very small between pelvis and chest....
Start using all the techniques ppl talk about. Put heat on your lower belly and cold where her head is. Also try music on your lower belly. Check out www.spinningbabies.com And def. do pelvic rocks. That's all I can think of right now. Good luck turning that babe!

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page