Mothering Forum banner

Do you think you'll make it to 40wks?

989 views 25 replies 25 participants last post by  allbrightmama 
#1 ·
I'm really thinking I'm not going to make it..

I have braxton hicks all the time, I feel pressure, and I think I feel my cervix effacing or dilating some already.

I'm so uncomfortable, sitting, laying down, and walking is getting more uncomfortable...

But I still have my mucous plug, and the baby hasn't dropped...

I'm 35wks, and I can't imagine having this last another 5wks...

Anyone else feel like they may not make 40wks?

#2 ·
I do not think I will make it another 7 weeks. I have been having a lot of intense contx for about a month. My babe has dropped. I'm pretty sure I'm effacing due to the achy feeling i get in my lower abdomen. I'm having my "emotional Cues" as I called them in the other thread. But hey, I've been wrong before. Remember when I thought this lil one was a girl, and it's really a boy? So who knows.
I want to at least make it another three to put the babe at 37 weeks.

#5 ·
I'm thinking I won't make it 40 weeks, but who knows...

-I've been having lots and lots of braxton hicks (never had these with my other 2 kids) and they are increasing in their intensity

-I've lost peices of my mucous plug, some of it being streaked with blood, in the past week or so

-I have lots and lots of vaginal pressure when I walk

-My daughter was born at 38.5 weeks, so I'm hoping this baby will do the same!

#6 ·
I have no idea. This whole pregnancy, I've been thinking I will go over 40 weeks. I went six days past with ds. Everyone says second babies come sooner, but I read that caucasian women actually tend to go longer with each pregnancy. I'm due Sept. 30, but I keep thinking it will really be Oct.

We'll see.

#8 ·
My little one will not be making her due date either!

She has dropped and I am feeling so much pressure! I know that I am starting to dilate as well.

I will 37 weeks on Tuesday.... although I feel she will come before her due date, I would like to hit week 38 before she is born.

Great thread!

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mighty-mama View Post
I'm really thinking I'm not going to make it..

I have braxton hicks all the time, I feel pressure, and I think I feel my cervix effacing or dilating some already.

I'm so uncomfortable, sitting, laying down, and walking is getting more uncomfortable...

But I still have my mucous plug, and the baby hasn't dropped...

I'm 35wks, and I can't imagine having this last another 5wks...

Anyone else feel like they may not make 40wks?

I feel exactly the same and i dont think ill get to 40 weeks either, this is my 4th, in 5 years!!

i was 10 aus over with DS1 (induced)
i was 8 days over with DD and that was natural
i was 9 days early with DS2 and has to have pitocin to help things along as he had passed merconium just before my waters went(icky green waters eww) it was a horrendous few hours till he was born then i had PPH and lot a liter of blood, not nice at all.

i hope i can make it to 38 weeks before baby gets her as i still have so much to sort out

Kiz

#11 ·
If you had asked me 10 weeks ago I would have said, "probably". My son was born at 42w5d.

Now that I'm 35.5 weeks, I'm not sure I'll make it, because this pregnancy is progressing so much differently.

For starters, I have been having acupuncture and cranial sacral work done this entire pregnancy, mostly to help with my pelvic alignment (probably the cause of DS's post-dates and my negative labor experience). My acupuncturist specializes in pregnant women (she's a former midwife) and she's determined to have me go in my 39th week or so (not that that is any guarantee).

The past few weeks I have noticed that this baby is REALLY low (DS never engaged until Pitocin) and I have started having real ctx this week (I've had BH since 6 weeks). Because this is SO different than my pregnancy with DS, it leads me to believe that I might go earlier. This baby is actually so low that they can't feel the head without going internal. (Plus we think it may be a thumbsucker or something because the hands seem to be up by the face...)

Whether that means I'll go before 40, I'm not sure. I'd really like to hold off until 39 weeks, and I'm really praying for no action before 37 weeks or I'll have to go to the hospital...

#12 ·
Nope.

DS #1 was 9 days early, and this little guy feels like he'll be ready to head out early as well--every night I tell him he should wait for 37 weeks, but after that, we're ready! Soooooooo ready.

Also, I know hunches can lead you astray, but every one I've had this time around has been right on--I knew I was PG, I knew he was a boy--so I want to believe that this "hunch" isn't just wishful thinking brought on by increasing shortness of breath.

Marie

#13 ·
i think i'll make it 2 weeks. 3 weeks tops. i'd be VERY surprised if i go past 38 weeks, i've been contracting more and more and i feel even closer to birth now than i did with my son at this time (he was born at 37 weeks, i'm 35 weeks)

#15 ·
I hope so!! I don't want to be early! Still have some stuff to do, and mostly, just need to relax! I've never wanted to go early, even though this week I have finally become really uncomfortable- bending over and having to pee is so painful.
:

My first two were late and then on time, so I don't anticipate an early labor. Still worry about it though.

#16 ·
I certainly hope I go a little early but I'm by no means counting on it. Neither of my other two were very excited about coming out before their due date, but I'm hoping my little girl will be a little more anxious. I'm just so huge that I can hardly imagine this going on for more than the 3 wks I've got left before my due date!

#17 ·
I'm not so certain that I am going to make it to my due date. My body feels like it could go into labor at any time but maybe I'm just paranoid since my son came early. I would like to make it to *at least* 37 weeks. 40 weeks would be ideal and I'd be so proud of myself.

#18 ·
I have no idea, but I'm guessing now--the baby dropped two or three days ago and I'm 34 weeks today. Her hiccups yesterday felt like they were right against my perineum! I originally hoped she'd come on our anniversary, which would be at 38 weeks exactly, but now we're wondering if it'll be sooner than that and are going to get our act together just in case! All my "reading" says with first pregnancies, babies usually drop 2-4 weeks before delivery, so we want to be ready in case she's closer to the 2 instead of the 4. Thanks to my lovely GD diagnosis, we've had to have extra ultrasounds and her weight was estimated at 5 lb 3 oz two weeks ago (she'd gained almost exactly half a pound a week from the u/s before that), so I'm guessing she's around 6 now and would be 7 lbs by 36 weeks. I'm just trying to trust that she'll come when she's ready! I was counting on a "big baby" of at least 9 lbs though so she'll fit into some of her one-size diapers off the bat, but she may be foiling that plan.

#19 ·
I was just thinking about this today. I do. Baby and I are on the small side, but my uterus is pretty much matching the weeks exactly. I think she'll go right to September 26, which will be 40 weeks exactly! (Of course, we just moved so I also would really like the full time to get stuff in order.)

#20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BamBam'sMom View Post
I read that caucasian women actually tend to go longer with each pregnancy.
That's been my experience so far, and I hope it does not hold true for this one. Ds was born at 36w6d, dd was 38w4d. I am getting soooo uncomfortable (and I've never been this uncomfortable before) I want it to be soon. I'm at the end of 36 weeks, and I would love to have her by 38 weeks, but I'm thinking I might actually go to 40 with this one (please please please dont' let me go to 42!). My cervix has thinned quite a bit, but no dilation. I never feel BHs so the "lack" of them doesn't mean anything. Babe is low, but hasn't dropped I don't think (how can you tell the difference between low and dropped?) I'm starting to understand why some women have "convenience inductions". I'm *not* going to do it, but boy is it getting tempting.

#21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BamBam'sMom View Post
Everyone says second babies come sooner, but I read that caucasian women actually tend to go longer with each pregnancy.

Man I hope that is not true for me..

My mom went 2wks early with me but I think she may have been induced?

My sister went 2wks early with her second...

I'd love to continue this trend, (without being induced)

#22 ·
I don't know if I will or not...

I'm currently 4cm and 80-90% (depending on if you talk to the MW or the OB) but I don't put much stock in it since I walked around at 5cm and 90% with dd#1 3 years ago for a month and ended up delivering at 41w5d (induced bc I couldn't walk anymore bc of all the pressure and pain I was having....i think she would've stayed in there indefinatly.....she tells me she liked it in there bc it was warm and cozy)....

I've had alot more Bh's this go round and they are increasingly painful.....

I can't walk too far, can't put my shorts/panties on without sitting down first, it even hurts to lift my feet out of them when they are on the floor when getting ready for bed.....

Baby has dropped but I still have my plug...not slivering off like it did with dd...

I hope to go this weekend bc MY mw is on call all weekend and the OB I like (if my MW was unavailable for some reason he's like an OBMW...LOL)

She won't be on call again until 2-3days after my due date but after all the HG and the midwest summer, I don't think I can handle going over the due date (we know when conception happened bc it was the only time we did it that month...
) this time...

We'll see...I am ready for her to come but not ready to give up the kicks/rolls from inside (she is our last) or share dd yet.......

#23 ·
Well, if I were only going on my physical symptoms, I'd be inclined to think I'm going early. BUT, I thought that the last 2 times and was wrong both times.
I was 2 weeks late with dd and 1 week late with ds -- induced both times for different reasons. (I'm excited to go into labor naturally for once, even if it is late!
)

Sooo, I'm mentally preparing myself for the long haul. Like Doulamom7, I'm determined not to make myself miserable by expecting to be early or even on-time. Yeah, I'm low and having lots of BH contrax, but those symptoms can go on for weeks, and BH's are generally noticed earlier and have more intensity with each pregnancy, anyway. I really don't think it means that much unless you have a history of delivering early.

Sorry if I sound jaded -- I guess I kind of am!
:

#24 ·
I'm 35wks as well and can't wait to have her OUT already!
Plus, I've been having dreams about my water breaking or being in labor...and my BH have been constant and strong.. I've also packed my hospital bag and have it sitting in the livingroom......baby's room is almost completely ready so I feel like she'll be coming really soon...at least I hope so! I just want her to be fully cooked and healthy!

#25 ·
I have thought all along that I will be going over my due date. Perhaps a week to ten days, maybe two weeks although that feels a little long to wait. I don't really want the baby to come yet. I am not too uncomfortable yet, and still enjoy being pregnant, although I am starting to get really excited about holding my baby! I have also thought that it is a boy through most of my pregnancy, and I'm curious to find out if I am right. I am 36 weeks today, baby has not dropped, and I'm having what I think are BH's but they are sporadic and pretty painless. I would also like about four more weeks to get everything in order, but realize it could just be two, yikes! I'm going to be a mother really soon!

#26 ·
Since the beginning of this pregnancy I have felt like I will get pretty close to 40 wks. Now I am beginning to hope I make it that far. In the past few days something has changed. Baby is lower and everything is more intense. I just want to make it past ds2's birthday on Sept 1st. Give me just a couple more weeks baby!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.