"The Other Side" - Moms Who Have Delivered - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-06-2007, 01:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lila has her first ped appointment this afternoon. I'm interested to see what they have to say about everything and to find out her weight!

Alia + Brian proud parents to Rowan (9/8/04) Lila (9/3/07) and Rhys (6/11/10)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2007, 01:34 PM

Wonderful news mighty-mama!! I know that's a load off of your mind!

Let us know how it goes maylea_moon!
Old 09-06-2007, 02:18 PM

Mighty Mama... I meant to say something about it the first time I posted... Don't worry at all about your son's webbed toes! I was born with an abnormality too... My pinkie toes fold over and lay on top of the toe next to them, and it looks pretty goofy. If you view my feet from the bottom, it looks like I only have four toes, and I leave four-toed foot prints. Thing is, my mom always told me that I had extra special toes, and that's how I grew up feeling. I didn't get picked on much, and most everybody thought they were cool. Also, of all the places in the world for a kid to have an "abnormality", feet are the best place... Shoes hide them most of the time! Your son just got an extra dash of character, that's all!
Old 09-06-2007, 03:36 PM

Georgie is also doing well, now officially two weeks old. She has sorted out a schedule of sorts, sleep for 4 hours, nurse for 2 hours, sleep for 4 hours, etc.
So any outing needs to be planned ahead by at least 2 hours!

I have been feeling fabulous since delivery, until Saturday, when my mom and hubby sent me to the ER for back and abdominal pain. Turns out I had a 101 fever and a raging UTI that was going into my kidneys. So, I got a round of IV antibiotics and a prescription, and am definitely on the mend now.

My mom is finishing her stay with us which usually brings me to tears, (how will I ever manage Abby AND Georgie!?)

In other news, my sister is attempting to adopt an infant, so she got me a fancy Pump In Style in exchange for promising to donate extra milk. I have been able to pump a ton, freezing in 2 oz amounts for the new baby, and have enough left over to give Abby a cup of 5 oz (or so) every night. She loves it and asks for her "baby milk." (Yesterday I pumped 14 ounces in about 10-15 minutes!)

**I got the Mother's Milk tea that Mighty-Mama recommended, started drinking it in the hospital and have been downing ever since, so I think that has REALLY helped me get a great supply.

ETA: Our family website is down (perfect timing with the new baby!) so you can see some new pics on our snapfish album.

This is my new favorite, I just ordered it on birth announcements.
http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/A...50/t_=80040650
Old 09-06-2007, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Mateo is 2 weeks old today and has gained over a pound from his birthweight. Born at 7lb3oz, now 8lb6oz, mamma makes butter! Everything is going pretty well, the boys are still loving being big brothers. He really is the sweetest baby we could've added to our family.

Even with things going pretty smoothly, I'm not able to go online as often, so I'm constantly playing catch up.

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:08 PM

She is precious! Beautiful shot for the announcements!
Old 09-06-2007, 08:24 PM

Just got back from Lila's appt. She's at 6lbs 7oz which the ped says is great (she was 6lb 14oz at birth) and she has no signs of jaundice whatsoever. Dr. basically says she's doing great! :

Old 09-06-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maylea_moon View Post
Just got back from Lila's appt. She's at 6lbs 7oz which the ped says is great (she was 6lb 14oz at birth) and she has no signs of jaundice whatsoever. Dr. basically says she's doing great! :
Wonderful news!! What a great update!!
Old 09-06-2007, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustLia23 View Post
Even with things going pretty smoothly, I'm not able to go online as often, so I'm constantly playing catch up.
This is exactly how I feel. I may never make it online again. My kitchen is a wreck. I was about to list it all but I am so tired I don't want to think about it all. I don't think it is the baby - it is everyone else.

I am so glad the babies all seem to be doing so well and gaining. We seem to doing just fine with lots and lots of wet diapers and tons of voluminous, yellow, seedy stools. I have lots of covers but a relatively small nb stash of diapers. My neighbors all seem to bring me 'sposie diapers despite all the cloth ones on the line and I have no shame in using them. Last time I returned them all and bought other things I could use.

If you never hear from me again it is because I can't breathe through it all. I really thought the girls were going to make my head explode late this afternoon. I have already let go of so much I have no idea where else I could lower my standards. Today we only had a grocery/drug store stop, voice lesson, piano lessons, soccer, birthday gift to buy for a party. Dh took the morning off work nbut then decided to go paint the soccer fields. At least he took ds1 and dd2 with him (I asked that he leave 1 big to help and he couldn't really take a 2 yo if he was painting) but it still leaves me so tired.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:10 PM

Hey I just noticed I need a new siggy!

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:04 AM

motherhood is amazing and surreal. i can't quite describe the transition but somewhere between the hormones and seeing dh look at her in just that way and watching her eyes slowly close at my breast... i'm just so happy, i could cry. and i usually do!

last night, i got really overwhelmed as it was one in the morning and she wanted to nurse for about two hours straight. crazy. but dh was right there cheering me on. i've got a great family.

roisin had her two day check up today. mw came to the house. she's only lost 3 ounces from her birth weight and everything looked great said the mw. she has a touch of jaundice but since my milk came in this morning, mw was not worried.

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
Old 09-07-2007, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanbh View Post
motherhood is amazing and surreal...
It is isn't it? You will never look at the world in the same way again. Enjoy this special time.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:41 PM

Glad to hear all you moms and babes are doing so well. Georgia is one week old today. She's just wonderful! She seems to be mellow so far and is a great nurser. I'm feeling good, as well, and very glad to be past the engorgement phase. Now if I could just catch up on my online stuff . The midwife just came by today and she's back up to her birthweight and we're going for our first outing this afternoon, to a double babyshower for some of my old work colleagues. I'm finding the transition from 2 to 3 kiddos to be a little easier than I anticipated. So, overall a good report from me. Looking forward to hearing more about you other momas.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:56 PM

Good to hear Betsy!! Especially the part about transitioning from 2 to 3. Some days I wonder if I'll ever even leave the house!
Old 09-07-2007, 07:09 PM

ellie is doing well but has reflux, so we're going through clothes at an alarming rate and i'm trying to keep her upright most of the time. she's back up to birth weight and starting to be awake more (was sleepy i think due to early arrival). big sis turned 2 and is adjusting ok, but we are having lots more tantrums. she also decided to start potty learning -- what timing! :

Obstruct livery vehicles!

Old 09-08-2007, 01:26 PM

SO glad to see eveyone is doing so well!!!! Number two has been such an amazing experience for me! A lot less worry and stress about everything! She is so wonderful and I am so in love!!! I could hold her 24/7!

Is anyone using their pouch, sling, or wrap yet? How is that going? I am going to try my moby today!

Breastfeeding has gotton so much better! However, I am leaking through everything! Last night I leaked right though many cloth pads, two bras, and I even used some of my cloth diapers. What are you using that works? I have had a very strong let down and I am also leaking when I am not breastfeeding exactly every two hours during the night.

I am really enjoying reading everyone's progress!!! Great thread!

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

Old 09-08-2007, 01:34 PM

I'm so glad everyone is doing well. Lila is great but I'm a little worried because DH has a terrible cold and I'm so afraid she'll get it. Besides that everything is fine. Today is my son's 3rd birthday!! He's growing up so fast : :

RachelS - I have been using my Hotsling and my Ergo with the infant insert. So far I love them both! I'm having a little trouble figuring out the Moby.

Old 09-08-2007, 02:05 PM

: : : Rowan!
Old 09-08-2007, 02:13 PM

i love our moby -- dd can stay upright. i'm still learning with our maya RS and can't use our pouches yet since she hates the cradle hold.
she's still in preemie sposies, too because all our cloth is too big in the legs! i wonder if i can direct where she gains weight . . . . :

Old 09-08-2007, 05:30 PM

I guess I am officially here now! I am sooooo in love with my little Dahlia. She is so tiny and perfect and amazing. My milk is barely starting to come in, she is nursing pretty well better after a CST treatment. She is pooping up a storm and just loves to be held and sleep. I feel great but am trying really hard to take it easy since I will be on my own soon enough. I am so glad not to be pregnant but am getting wistful feelings about never being pregnant again. I am so happy that she turned out to be a girl and just can't get over the fact that she is here in my arms. I have to try and write out my birth story today before it all fades away. What an amazing experience. I am glad to hear all the great updates and hope you are all doing well.
Wendi
Old 09-09-2007, 01:15 AM

Congratulations Everyone!!

I finally had the opertunity to write something and I press the wrong key and lost it all. I'm SO bummed! Now the babe is stirring and I must catch him before he starts up full force. We have a high needs, colicky child on our hands, so I rarely have a hand free.
He's still a tiny guy too. We have another weight check on Tues. Keep your fingers crossed. He was 5lbs. 2 oz. a week and 1/2 ago.
Here's a link our blog that has photos of him from the first week and a couple weeks ago: http://web.mac.com/wnkp/iWeb/WNKP%20Site/Blog/Blog.html

Peace and Blessings Mammas! You're all in my thoughts! Keep the photos coming.

SAHM and loving it with DH, DS (8/4/2007) and DS (10/10/2010)
Old 09-09-2007, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkihoi View Post

I finally had the opertunity to write something and I press the wrong key and lost it all. I'm SO bummed! Now the babe is stirring and I must catch him before he starts up full force. We have a high needs, colicky child on our hands, so I rarely have a hand free.
He's still a tiny guy too. We have another weight check on Tues. Keep your fingers crossed. He was 5lbs. 2 oz. a week and 1/2 ago.
Here's a link our blog that has photos of him from the first week and a couple weeks ago: http://web.mac.com/wnkp/iWeb/WNKP%20Site/Blog/Blog.html

He's so cute!
I hope he gets over the colicky stuff soon!
Old 09-10-2007, 05:19 PM

it's sooo nice to be here on "the other side"!
Jamison is 5 days old. She is jaundiced, but it only got down to a little past her nipples, and is now back up to her neck. thank goodness my milk came in on day 2, so we could clear that up at home. ds was hospitalized for jaundice and it sucked!
she has been a fantastic nurser since the get-go, but MY BOOBS ARE HUGE!!! OMG!!!!! : usually i'm an almost b-cup, and when pg and nursing get up to a full b. i expected the same thing this time, but these things are gigantic!!!!!!! i don't have nursing bras (never needed them before) but i do have nursing tanks. but i don't know if i can go out in public with just a tank and these things busting out all over the place!! Jamison has a doc appt tomorrow - in the same building where dh works. everyone will see these things! and it's too hot to put a shirt over! oy! well, thanks for reading my boob-vent
it was nice to read all of your updates. when i get more time i'm going to go back and look at the pics. can someone walk me through how to post pix (? i have a shutterfly account if it can be done from that. i think i have a snapfish account, too. thanks!

Mama to three  
Old 09-10-2007, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaninevp922 View Post
it was nice to read all of your updates. when i get more time i'm going to go back and look at the pics. can someone walk me through how to post pix (? i have a shutterfly account if it can be done from that. i think i have a snapfish account, too. thanks!
Funny about the boobs.. Don't worry, my non-producing is a B, and my producing boob is a large C... I'm going to have to stuff my bra... It'll be just like middle school again.

Okay, I'm very computer illiterate, but I figured out how to download pictures.. I've tried in the past using them from my snapfish account, but I always managed to have my personal email address, and full name go on it, I couldn't figure out how to take it off...

So I just opened a "photobucket" account. I figured this will be my MDC album.. I set it up with the bare minimum info. I even put my MDC user name as my name, so at least I have some anonimity.. It was easy to start up, and I just added pictures from my computer hard drive onto it. But I've found that I can just copy the web address right onto a post, while I'm still logged on to it. But once it's on, I have to go back and log off the account. For some reason, I can't log off beforehand.. This was the only way I could do this..
Old 09-12-2007, 01:48 AM

6 day check-up today. we were both given a clean bill of health. jamison is up 2 oz from her birth weight, and i'm down 15 lbs

Mama to three  
Old 09-12-2007, 02:03 AM

Dahlia is doing well. She was down to 5lbs 5oz on Sunday and today is 5lbs 6oz. She is nursing really well especially considering how tiny she is. She actually let me sleep last night so that was a dream. I am finally feeling better today after a long nap. I have felt pretty run over the past couple days. She is a really even tempered baby. I am just so in love with her. I am off to start our evening nursing marathon once dh changes her. I hope you all are doing well and enjoying your babies.
Wendi
Old 09-12-2007, 01:22 PM

My little guy was born on Labor day! His name is Roman and he was 9.5 lbs adn 22 inches. The first two hours after birth really left something to be desired (I hate hospitals) but my birth was amazing (3rd one here, so a little faster). It's hard to appreciate every moment when I have two others, but it's been a week already and I can't believe it. It's a little hard to think this will likely be my last little newborn. Trying to soak up every moment!
Old 09-12-2007, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkihoi View Post

Sorry to hear he's fussy. Have you checked out the Dr. Sears website? I found tons of great information. My dd was "colicky" and we never did find the "cause". She is still high needs, so if you haven't gotten tons of "tricks of the trade" pm me and we can chat!

Great to hear about all of your babies! Making me anxious (as if I weren't already, right?)
Old 09-13-2007, 07:33 PM

Thanks Mighty-mama for the photo advice. I hope this works.
These should be 1 day old, 2 days old, and 4 days old - in that order.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...2/100_7781.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...2/100_7789.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...2/100_7824.jpg

Let me know if it works or not.

Mama to three  
Old 09-13-2007, 08:17 PM

well, ellie is reacting to something i'm eating so i'm trying to figure out what and feeling terribly that shes feeling so icky. dd1 brought us home pinkeye too :
i'd forgotten all the lovely parts of postpartum but wrote a long rant last night on my blog

User Tag List