"The Other Side" - Moms Who Have Delivered - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 214 Old 09-13-2007, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
My little guy was born on Labor day! His name is Roman and he was 9.5 lbs adn 22 inches. The first two hours after birth really left something to be desired (I hate hospitals) but my birth was amazing (3rd one here, so a little faster). It's hard to appreciate every moment when I have two others, but it's been a week already and I can't believe it. It's a little hard to think this will likely be my last little newborn. Trying to soak up every moment!
CONGRATS Momma! Roman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 214 Old 09-13-2007, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaninevp922 View Post
Thanks Mighty-mama for the photo advice. I hope this works.
These should be 1 day old, 2 days old, and 4 days old - in that order.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...2/100_7781.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...2/100_7789.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...2/100_7824.jpg

Let me know if it works or not.
They work!! HOW PRECIOUS ARE THOSE PICS!!!! Too sweet!
#63 of 214 Old 09-14-2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaninevp922 View Post
Thanks Mighty-mama for the photo advice. I hope this works.
These should be 1 day old, 2 days old, and 4 days old - in that order.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...2/100_7781.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...2/100_7789.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...2/100_7824.jpg

Let me know if it works or not.
Ah he is just a doll. You make great looking kids.
Wendi
#64 of 214 Old 09-14-2007, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty-mama View Post
Funny about the boobs.. Don't worry, my non-producing is a B, and my producing boob is a large C... I'm going to have to stuff my bra... It'll be just like middle school again.
My friend's baby, for some reason, would only nurse on one side. She was lop-sided for a couple years. I don't know if she stuffed...

I finally went back and looked at all the baby pictures. All these babies are adorable!!!! It's a good thing I've had mine already, or I'd be totally jealous!!

Sophiekat - I hope you figure out what's bothering little Ellie soon. And I hope you don't get pinkeye too. if it's too late, then I hope you get over it soon!

Mama to three  
#65 of 214 Old 09-14-2007, 03:50 PM

I love the baby pictures! Liam is 6 days old, we're still working on our breastfeeding but every day is an improvement. Laying down to nurse has been a lot more successful, he seems to be able to open his mouth more that way, although we're usually still hit and miss in the pain department. I'm honestly wondering if the fact that I used to be pierced there has anything to do with the pain, since I developed a lot of scar tissue after taking them out?

My in-laws are here until sunday and I already wish they were gone, the mama bear is really coming out of me. My mil had the nerve to suggest I give up and formula feed him : She was also trying to "wake him up" today so I could feed him by jiggling him until he cried while I was on the phone, like that would make our situation any easier, you should have seen the look she gave me when I snatched him out of her arms and took him into the bedroom. Oh well, they'll be gone soon enough and I won't have to see them again until Thanksgiving.

Here are some new pictures from today:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...aysbwsmall.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ys5bwsmall.jpg

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#66 of 214 Old 09-14-2007, 04:37 PM

All the babies are so cute. Liam's little upturned nose is darling. Sophie I am sorry something is bothering Ellie and let's just say pinkeye sucks! I am riding the crazy roller coaster of postpartum hormones and it isn't pretty at all. I am happy and great one minute and sobbing the next. : Dahlia is doing great. Her stump fell off and she got a real bath today. She loved it. She is the most even tempered baby I have ever seen. Quite a relief after Eavan's intensely high need personality. Jenabe is going back to work on Weds and I am a bit fearful about how that will go. At least I am fortunate that I am starting to catch up on my sleep. I hope you all are doing well and aren't as emotional as me.
Wendi
#67 of 214 Old 09-14-2007, 05:24 PM

Mama's..

I love the pictures (Katie, Jeanine & katie (waggonner family, from another post)..

It will be so neat to see how much our children change over the days,mths,yrs.

We are hanging in. Luckily my back (or sacroiliac joint) is getting better. But now I have mastitits, which is in my non-producing breast. I had to scramble to get a script for antiobiotics, as my ob is a clinic, and I'd have to go to L&D for a script (I got my oncologist to write me one).. I don't have any idea on how to expel it. I'll try pumping and get some cabbage to apply. Family wise we are under more sadness, as my mother is in critical condition and her outcome if very grave. We haven't gotten along lately, but I'm at a loss for words.. I'm really struggling and devastated and paranoid that if she dies, I will be the last one alive.. Every female on that side has died before 60yrs.

But I must move on.. I brought Gavin to the ped again today for another weight check.. And he's now 8lbs. Which means he gained 10oz in a week.. So I'm ecstatic.

Otherwise dh just walked in the door and I'm going to take a hot shower.
#68 of 214 Old 09-14-2007, 08:48 PM

WOW MAMMA'S! All the babies are adorable! It's wonderful to see them and to read how everyone is doing.
I can't type much these days but I read when I can. Marshall is doing well but very colicky/high needs. I can't put him down unless he is in deep sleep. I wear him as much as possible and DH is swaddle king but it's really hard to settle him. Today, I couldn't even settle him in the sling. He was all about the boob and nothing else! I feel like we've tried everything but he keeps crying. It makes me very sad: some days and I cry. And other days, I just roll with it. I love him so much,it breaks my heart that I can't soothe him.
He weighted 5lb. 10oz on Weds. 8 oz. in 9 days. The doc seemed cool with it but I was hoping for more. He's only gained a pound in 5 weeks: I feel like it should be more. I keep trying to tell Marshall that he's burning calories by all the crying he's doing!
Lactivist, you mentioned your first being high needs. What were some of the things you did to soothe?
Ladies, keep the photos coming! I can't do much else with babe in arms all the time.
Peace!

SAHM and loving it with DH, DS (8/4/2007) and DS (10/10/2010)
#69 of 214 Old 09-14-2007, 09:48 PM

Nikkihoi..

I'm sorry you are having some special baby issues.. My first was high needs (still is). My ds wasn't colicky but I couldn't get a break from him. Up until my ds was about 7mths, I actually had to lay down with him just to keep him asleep. He also would only nurse laying down, which would make our errrand running no longer than 1hr. It was very very hard, but for me, I'm glad I got a high needs child for my first, as I couldn't do it if I had other children to tend to.. Like you I bascially held him all the time, and he pretty much nursed all the time. I read the No Cry Sleep Solution and found that young babies (up until a certain time frame) go thru a "light sleep" pattern the first 20 minutes or so they fall asleep, so if you try moving them in this time frame, they'll wake themselves up. The book really helped, and in the process I purchased a white noise machine, enabling my ds would stay asleep, and block out outside noise. Have you read Dr. Sears's book "High Needs Baby Book", it really goes into detail about high needs babies, being "wired" differently. The best advice is to follow the attachement parenting, which you are doing, but it gives you a different understanding on what makes kids like this tick..

I hope you can find some solutions that Marshall will work with..
#70 of 214 Old 09-14-2007, 10:39 PM

haven't been able to really type much as my days are filled with trying to get used to the being a mom thing. but i read often and hopefully will get my birth story and photos up sometime soon!

roisin had a checkup today at the birth center, and she's up nearly a pound from her birth weight in just 10 days! her cord stump fell off today, too. big day, and she slept through most of it! ha!

otherwise, we're doing well. nursing is getting easier, but it's not the awesomest yet. i'm just enjoying that we got a good night sleeper! she's only up every three hours or so in the night.

anyway, i'm off to try to find dinner.

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
#71 of 214 Old 09-15-2007, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkihoi View Post
WOW MAMMA'S! All the babies are adorable! It's wonderful to see them and to read how everyone is doing.
I can't type much these days but I read when I can. Marshall is doing well but very colicky/high needs. I can't put him down unless he is in deep sleep. I wear him as much as possible and DH is swaddle king but it's really hard to settle him. Today, I couldn't even settle him in the sling. He was all about the boob and nothing else! I feel like we've tried everything but he keeps crying. It makes me very sad: some days and I cry. And other days, I just roll with it. I love him so much,it breaks my heart that I can't soothe him.
He weighted 5lb. 10oz on Weds. 8 oz. in 9 days. The doc seemed cool with it but I was hoping for more. He's only gained a pound in 5 weeks: I feel like it should be more. I keep trying to tell Marshall that he's burning calories by all the crying he's doing!
Lactivist, you mentioned your first being high needs. What were some of the things you did to soothe?
Ladies, keep the photos coming! I can't do much else with babe in arms all the time.
Peace!

I'm sorry Marshall is having a hard time.
Have you considered trying chiropractic or osteopathic care, or cranial sacral therapy? Sometimes babies are colicky or cranky because they have a pinched nerve or a crick in their neck or something. I've heard and read really positive things about the different therapies for babies.
Many hugs to you and Marshall.
#72 of 214 Old 09-15-2007, 07:28 AM

Nikki,

My first was high needs (but without the colic....) and the ONLY thing that would calm her when she would get in a longer cying spell would be to lay on the sofa in a lower cut tank top with her on her belly and her head turned to the side a bit......it wasnt' instant calming but it helped immensly and she would settle a bit.....listening to my heart with a tiny hand up by her face and the other settled on a breast.....

Sometimes she would nurse for a few and then settle in on this position....

I just automatically do it with this new little girl and it'ss just as calming.....

She sleeps a bit much for my liking (ask me again in a few months if i feel the same way...) now and I have to wake her to feed her all the time and it worries me but that's just how she is right now.....

Friends say I should count my lucky stars but I want to see her eyes more and hear her......not just watch her sleep and have to wake her in time to eat bc she's too little to go too long.......

Oh, and some babies are slow to gain.....my first was and the PED freaked me out until I found out she was going by birth weight and not discharge weight....so I switched PED's....with this one, they weighed her last week with her Kissaluv on and it showed she gained a bunch of weight in 7 days. We took her in for a check Thursday and it showed she gained WAY less....I told the PED that she was weighed last week in the cloth diaper and that according to them her big sister was a slow gainer too....I called back in later that day to tell them that the dry cloth diaper weighed 2.9 ounces so....

I had wanted her to gain a bit more but my milk just doesn't make the fat roly poly breastfed baby that some of my friends had.....I am sure that if your ped isn't worried about it....things are ok...Babe will catch up and you will miss the smallness of this time.......
#73 of 214 Old 09-15-2007, 07:41 AM

nak

my girls yesterday am while i was putting laundry away.....dd1 hasnt napped in weeks but put her close to her sister........

loving how the hold their hands the same when sleeping. dd1 done that w/her hands since she was tiny...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...l/IMG_2031.jpg
#74 of 214 Old 09-15-2007, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine's mama View Post
nak

my girls yesterday am while i was putting laundry away.....dd1 hasnt napped in weeks but put her close to her sister........

loving how the hold their hands the same when sleeping. dd1 done that w/her hands since she was tiny...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...l/IMG_2031.jpg
How precious.. I've gotten my boys to nap together, but they are each on the side of the king bed.. But what's precious is they both move their bodies to be in the same postitions.. It's like they are miles away but instictively are connected... it's precious.
#75 of 214 Old 09-15-2007, 11:25 AM

that picture is sooo sweet

Mama to three  
#76 of 214 Old 09-15-2007, 04:13 PM

our babe is 11 days old now. we have an appt. next friday. my ped knows we don't really do check ups too much so, she wasn't in a hurry to see me LOL. so, i have no clue if she's gained or not, i think she has though. she looks more full to me

we are using our preemie prefolds and preemie ( up to 8 lbs) litewraps and they seem to fit her really well. i'm waiting for her cord to fall off because a lot of our stuff goes up above it.

she is nursing very well, and sleeps a lot too. even at night, she is only up about 2-3 times to nurse. so, we're both getting sleep.

her big sisters are in love with her! as are her daddy and myself. the girls pass her around to hold and she totally just goes with the flow. today will be the first day we use the ring sling ( zolowear). dh and i are headed out and so i am PRAYING she likes the sling LOL.

glad to hear all is well with everyone!
#77 of 214 Old 09-15-2007, 10:19 PM

Wow these are some cute pictures! I will try to get some uploaded to photobucket b/c I like to brag but I am a bit lazy with photobucket.

Thanks for the big welcome stacyg.
#78 of 214 Old 09-16-2007, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactivist View Post
I am riding the crazy roller coaster of postpartum hormones and it isn't pretty at all. I am happy and great one minute and sobbing the next. : I hope you all are doing well and aren't as emotional as me.
Wendi
Just wanted to say that I'm right there with you mama.

Alia + Brian proud parents to Rowan (9/8/04) Lila (9/3/07) and Rhys (6/11/10)
#79 of 214 Old 09-16-2007, 12:26 PM

Can't believe he's almost 3 wks.
Gavin is starting to be a baby now. He's up more than the day before, but he's still a great sleeper. Usually only up 3x and will nurse for about 15min before falling back asleep.. I hope he stays mellow, as right now I'm typing thru a 2.5yr old screams of "daddy noooooooooo".. (apparently my dh didn't "color" right in the coloring book ).

I'm not hormonal at all, but I think my body is all cried out. My only frustration is my 2.5yr old. He's okay during the day, but at night, since I can't sleep in our bed w/ my back, he'll wake up and scream for me. I'll go to him, and lay down in pain, but then he won't fall asleep . And then there are times he'll kick me, and he's been kicking dh a lot saying "daddy noooo", so we are at our wits end..

How are your other children adjusting?
#80 of 214 Old 09-16-2007, 01:01 PM

My 4yo ds1 is doing great, which is a relief since he tried to hit his first baby brother (when he was two and ds2 was born) every day. Now with ds3 he is wonderful. HOWEVER, my 2yo is tougher. He tries to be gentle but of course is a little clumsy at 2 and has to be watched. At night he wants me even more. He was sort of half transitioned to his own bed (sad for me, but also easier with the baby usually in our bed) and is wanting to come in more and more and cries if his daddy tries to cuddle with him instead. When he's awake he is great about letting roman nurse or cuddle first, but in the middle of the night, forget it.

I'm a little emotional too. Sometimes I feel especially spacey or out of touch. I'm trying to rest and be healthy. I think it's the stress of all three. Not too bad though. Tomorrow is my first day alone with all three all day. We'll see if we make it to preschool in one piece.
#81 of 214 Old 09-16-2007, 04:24 PM

DH had to go out of town for business. He left about half hour ago and will be back late tomorrow night. I was hoping we could just stay home (would 36 hours of videos be bad? ) but we have to go to town tomorrow to mail our taxes. Bedtime should be a nightmare. At least ds is homeschooled, so i don't have to get anyone ready first thing in the morning. Wish me luck!

Mama to three  
#82 of 214 Old 09-17-2007, 03:53 PM

Liam saw the ped today, we were thinking he had gained the average 5 or 6 ounces since his last checkup with her. Well we were wrong, he gained 22 ounces! So I guess my boobs are doing something right, he's up to 8.5lbs from the 6.15lbs he weighed a week ago. Its such a wonderful feeling knowing that my body has helped him grow and flourish the way he has, and now I can actually start doing on-demand feeding at night instead of waking him every 2-3 hours, so that should help a lot. How quickly they grow!

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#83 of 214 Old 09-17-2007, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkihoi View Post
Peace!
Well we had two very high needs babies. Our first and third were incredibly high needs. Eavan (3rd) was intense beyond words. He woke every forty minutes round the clock for 20 months. His only four hour stretch of sleep was at about 3 months and when he woke up he had eyebrows. We did a lot of slinging, bouncing, shusshing, swaying, walking, rocking, patting, crying, nursing and pretty much anything that would keep him from screaming that mad scream. He turned out to be allergic to dairy so that was a lot of it. I wish I would have figured it out earlier but live and learn. We used a lot of tricks from Happiest Baby on the Block to soothe him. They were a life saver for us. With our first she just had very specific things she wanted. She wanted to be held in certain ways and always to be in the action and she wanted loud bass filled music to go to sleep to in the colic hold. Once we figured out her trick she was pretty easy to deal with. Eavan always wanted something new so it was much more difficult with him. He also just has a super high intensity personality so that hasn't changed but he is much easier now at 2 1/2. At least he sleeps through the night now. I also frequented Dr. Sears website about high needs babies and read and reread articles to keep my perspective when things got really rough. LLL meetings helped me feel supported and just having a couple friends I could vent to that wouldn't tell me to make him cry it out really helped. I hope it gets easier for you. I had to try several different slings and carriers to find the ones that worked best for each situation. I hope this helps in some way. Know you are not alone and that I understand how hard it can be. I know many of us here have high needs babies so feel free to vent as needed.
Wendi
#84 of 214 Old 09-17-2007, 05:11 PM

All these fast growing babies!!! Little Dahlia is just that LITTLE. She went down to 5lbs 5oz and is slow to gain but today (day 11) she is up to 5lbs 10oz so we are on the upswing. She LOVES to sleep so it has been hard to wake her or keep her awake nursing for long. It has gotten better in the past couple days and she seems to be waking more and more. She is going to be a slow gainer and probably will be little for a long time. My other girl was as well. I am having a difficult time adjusting to two babies so close together (2 1/2 years) as all my others are widely spaced. I am starting to feel recovered physically so that is helping a lot with my ability to deal with Eavan. Hubby is going back to work on Weds and I am a bit worried about making it through those three days. Kaija (15yo) will be taking off the next week from school so that will help immensely. The older kids are settling down and handling the new baby just fine. Eavan has been up and down and isn't sure if he is really big or a baby too. I thought he weaned and that was really sad but he has started nursing again but only for moments at a time. At least it is something. He also has gone back to needing me to put him to bed and we have been having to feed him or he will go really long times without eating. He is really sweet to Dahlia but will hassle the Amby when she is in it and we have to watch him really closely all the time. Very different from all my other kids that I could leave lying on the floor or wherever and they would be safe. She is nearly constantly in arms or being watched closely in the Amby. Eavan seems to be settling down a bit more but every day is a new adventure with him. http://tinyurl.com/3c5cff Here are some new pix. I had to break down and buy some premie clothes for her as I realized it would be a while before she hits 7lbs and we don't have much to fit her. Luckily my friend went and bought her premie cloth diapers because we had nothing that would fit her. Sometimes I just can't get over how tiny she is. I hope you all are doing well and falling deeply and desperately in love with your new babies.
Wendi
#85 of 214 Old 09-18-2007, 03:12 PM

Hi Ladies..

I can't believe, Gavin will be 3 wks tomorrow am.. Time has flown by, and I can't even remember life without him. We are doing well. But, my man is a screamer. I've never heard lungs like this. If we are too slow in picking him up, or etc, he screammmmms........ And then we pick him up and he's completely fine. Dh has also mentioned that he is part snapping turtle. Dh like to put a finger or even his own nipple infront of Gavin's mouth and Gavin will swing his head around looking to nurse.. I've caught him on a number of occassions trying to nurse from blankets.. So it makes me feel so useful .

I've included some new pictures today.. You gotta check out his hair, I've never seen so much.. I've decided we don't need to comb it flat, as he's cool enough to pull off the mohawk..

Hope you are all well..
http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...2%20wks-3wks/?
#86 of 214 Old 09-18-2007, 03:19 PM

Hey Nikki~

My dd was/is high needs too. I really recommend Dr. Sears books/website. Some other things that we tried, some of which aren't completely AP, but when nothing else woudl work, we were desperate. She cried for 8+ hours a day most days, and has never been a very good sleeper, so there were days when for my own sanity I had to give up some of my parenting values just to get a minute of peace from the crying. We learned early on that she is one of those babies that doesn't like to be cuddled, which Dr. Sears says are the most difficult of high needs babes. She hated the sling, hated to be rocked, cried harder when I tried swaddling/cradle hold. She liked to look around, so I figured out how to put her up on my shoulder and sling her that way. We also would often put a towel in the dryer, then place the warm towel between us and her, in that position (on my shoulder), and that sometimes seemed soothing. We used the warm towel (kinda rolled up so that it put pressure on her tummy) in various positions, and it seemed to soothe her temporarily.

We also used the spin cycle on the washer. I would sit on the washer with her or put her in her carseat and place it on the washer and then put it on spin cycle. It didn't help her to sleep, but she was quiet. Only during the spin cycle though, so it was a brief moment.

She loved to sling and vaccuum. She still loves the vaccuum.

Someone bought us the fisher price ocean wonders swing, and she liked the side-side motion of that, but not front to back. She would actually sleep for more than 10 minutes at a time if she was in that, and I used it to get myself a nap on more than one occasion. I would think the Amby would have similar motion, and I really, really wanted one of those!!!!

The colic hold worked some too. My arm got really, really strong! Dh was great at soothing her in that position!

We tried chiropractic, but didn't have much success. I have heard really great things about cranio-sacral therapy, but we didn't have anyone close that did that, so we were out of luck. I would have checked it out for sure!

I am actually starting to get jealous of all these babies...39 weeks 3 days today, and counting, no doubt! I know he will get her when he is ready, and dh tells me to be careful what I wish for. I wanted dd out so badly, and then all she did was cry, and it was apparent she needed "more time in the womb", so to speak. But I am ready to meet this one. Your babes are all so adorable--and I am so looking forward to smelling this one's tiny head. All of you do a little smelling for me, okay ?
#87 of 214 Old 09-18-2007, 04:18 PM

Hi all. Lila is doing good, turned 2 weeks old yesterday. I'm doing better as well, PP hormones are seeming to settle down although I am pretty sleep deprived with a 3 year old who wont nap and a newborn who nurses all night long.:

Alia + Brian proud parents to Rowan (9/8/04) Lila (9/3/07) and Rhys (6/11/10)
#88 of 214 Old 09-18-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty-mama View Post
Hi Ladies..

I can't believe, Gavin will be 3 wks tomorrow am.. Time has flown by, and I can't even remember life without him. We are doing well. But, my man is a screamer. I've never heard lungs like this. If we are too slow in picking him up, or etc, he screammmmms........ And then we pick him up and he's completely fine. Dh has also mentioned that he is part snapping turtle. Dhlike to put a finger or even his own nipple infront of Gavin's mouth and Gavin will swing his head around looking to nurse.. I've caught him on a number of occassions trying to nurse from blankets.. So it makes me feel so useful .

I've included some new pictures today.. You gotta check out his hair, I've never seen so much.. I've decided we don't need to comb it flat, as he's cool enough to pull off the mohawk..

Hope you are all well..
http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...2%20wks-3wks/?
I think I have the female counterpart to Gavin..... Same kind of screamin if I am too slow to get her (hey, mommy has to pee too sometimes) sometimes she sounds like a goat....

Some of her hair is breaking off...not rubbing off like her sister's did...just getting shorter so it's spiky but it's cute than cute....Why do they have to lose some of it to begin with??? So not fair...at least she still has all her fine baby hair covering her....I love that the most!!!!

I love the pics mama of him on daddy's nose..I have woken up many a morning with a tiny, sweet smellling (can i bottle it??) mouth on my nose and dd wants to know why is there a nakey butt on daddy's head!!!!!

Things are going well here...

We have a weight check tomorrow. I don't think it's necessary bc I am not worrying over 1.7 ounces (back to birth weight) since they adjusted her weight a tad after passing the large amts of meconium her first few hours but I agreed to go bc the appt is with the PED I want for her (the other one is great too but this one is more like me...) and I am more comfortable asking her nursing questions and she wants to hear about the birth I am more than happy to talk about....

Older sister is adjusting well and better than I thought. I am having more sleeping issues bc of her though than the baby who sleeps ALL THE TIME (have to wake her to feed her or she would sleep all day.....)....She starts out the night falling asleep down here (downstairs) with me, Dp carries her upstairs to her room where she sleeps for about 5 hours, wakes and goes into our room (I'm still downstairs with baby) looking for me and then comes down here and climbs on the other sofa with her bear and blanket.....So she's waking up SUPER early after going to bed late (she's a night owl...been since birth...tried to change it...gave up..) so she's cranky and stuff all day.....

We'll figure something out.....

I am so enjoying being a mommy to two right now....ask me again when Lilah is walking and getting into big sister's things......

I PROMISE to get my birth story up on here soon...I had it all written out and was gonna copy and paste it into here and deleted it by accident!!!!!:
#89 of 214 Old 09-21-2007, 12:19 PM

just wanted to give this a "bump"...

As there are many new mama's out there.. Please tell us about your little bundle's...

Gavin is great, I'm a mess, but he'll get used to it, just like my poor Noah has ..

He's really coming into his own, and I know they say it's too early, but I've gotten a few smiles.. Which just melts my heart.. I think he's also gained some more weight, as dh and I think he feels heavier. Our ped is great, as he's said to us last week, "bring him back whenever".. Which is nice, since he's not pushing us on vax's.. (although I say we are delaying, but I need to file a religious exemption in my state)

But luckily my sanity should return soon. Dh is off tomorrow, after working 5 days straight, at 10+hr days.. And it's not like a 7-5 shift.. He's been working 9am-8pm, which is the whole freakin day

But how are you mama's and babies holding up..
#90 of 214 Old 09-21-2007, 12:33 PM

Sunshine.. I just read your post.. I think we are lost twins... Only I got the crappy genetics..

Yes, there is something about the "breastfeed baby breath".. For some reason, I love that smell, it must be one of those "hormonal" things to keep mama's nursing. But my dh, absolutely hates it.. I also remember my sister and her dh, saying the same thing... Yes. Gavin is a screamer, but I think I'm more mellow the 2nd time around, my first was high needs, but we wonder if we feed into it more. For us, we were always so quick to p/u Noah when he made the slightest sound, and now since there is another one still in diapers in my house, I can't get to Gavin as fast as I can, so he does scream at times, and it's kinda silly.. We'll pick him up and he's like "I'm good".. He's a little faker..

We also have a good sleeper here. The trend is for him to only lightly sleep from about 7ish to 2ish. And then he'll have a 4hr nap, nurse a little, be up for maybe a total of 2hrs, off and on, and then by 9pm he's out until 12-1am. And then during the night, I really nurse him maybe 2-3times.. So that is awesome.. I so hope it lasts..

I'm also thinking about bringing up the crib, which we never ever used, but am thinking of seeing if DS1 wants to sleep in it. He's been such a punk lately sleeping, and he keeps kicking us, and he takes up the whole bed, so I'm wondering if he'll see the "toddler bed" as fun.. We were in Babies R Us the other day, and he wanted to go and sleep in all the display cribs.. Maybe it's worth a shot. And maybe I can put a canopy on the top to make it more fun..

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page