Rough recovery? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-23-2007, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any other mommas having some rough recoup days?

Cruz was born last Tuesday, and I've had some tough days. First I was bleeding pretty badly the first couple days, and had to stay in bed. Also, my 9 lbs 4 oz babe had a fist up near his face when he was born - so I have some very painful tearing down yonder. Last pregnancy I had the typical breast soreness and hemroids- but this has been a tough week. Anyone else?

~Debra, wife to the best DH, Nuno (9/98). Blessed SAHM momma to DS Diogo (3/04), DS Cruz (9/07) and DD Beatriz 2/2/11!!  

Welcome Beatriz!! - http://web.me.com/ng0/Beatriz/Posts/Posts.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2007, 07:21 PM

I haven't had my baby yet but with my dd I had a lot of bleeding and that had me wiped out for a couple of weeks. I am hoping that all goes well this time and that I don't have excessive bleeing or any other complications. Losing a lot of blood can make you feel just awful. It really took me a couple of weeks to feel better. I hope that you can get some rest and feel better soon. Ask your midwife about taking Floradix to restore some of the blood loss that really helped me.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:55 PM

I am sorry you are having a rough time recovering. I tore badly with my first (hand by the face) and it took a while for me to feel myself. Blood loss can definitely deplete your energy levels. I second the floradix idea. If you end up needing to take Iron I suggest time released as it is much easier on the system. Make sure to eat plenty of protein and iron rich foods. I sure hope you are feeling better quickly. Sending lots of healing your way.
Wendi
Old 09-23-2007, 07:59 PM

I'm sorry mama..

This babe was a VBAC, so compared to a c/s for me, it's night and day.. But I'm having a lot of problems w/ my back and sacroiliiac joint. I'm kicking myself for not going to the chiro during pg. I'm finally getting over the "hump", and DS2 will be 4wks old on Tues: .. It's gotten to the point where I can't easily walk up/down stairs, or even lift my legs upwards, and forget about sleeping..

With my first birth, I had the c/s and hemoraged and needed a transfusion, I also took Floradix, and it really helped bring up my iron levels, and gave me more energy/strength. Hopefully that helps for you mama..
Old 09-23-2007, 11:37 PM

The first few days were pretty rough for me as well, I'm still having pain down bellow from tearing. I finally got up the nerve to look and see what the damage was and I have three pretty awful tears that I can see, maybe I shouldn't have declined stitches? My back is also a mess and I'm still trying to regain some abdominal tone in order to support myself better, so I'm right along with you in the post-pregnancy pain department. Lets hope we get to feeling better soon.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Old 09-24-2007, 12:44 AM

I hope you feel better soon mama! I am so sorry that this is a hard recovery for you!

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

User Tag List