c/s birthers update? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 10-12-2007, 04:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't have C/S - but I know there are some other mamas in the DDC that did. I just wanted to thank you for this:

Quote:
I was disappointed that the birth did not go as I planned, but I guess you could never predict what could happen in spite of your positioning, posture, etc. that you've worked on so much during pregnancy. It just went to show to me that no matter how perfect the pregnancy was (I UPed), things happen for a reason.
I have been trying to get over not having the perfect birth either, and it is good to be reminded of this. I have to remember that I did what I could and dealt with the situation at hand - and that there are just some things you can not change, no matter how prepared, how much you know, how much you try...

#2 of 10 Old 10-12-2007, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Leopard View Post
I have been trying to get over not having the perfect birth either, and it is good to be reminded of this. I have to remember that I did what I could and dealt with the situation at hand - and that there are just some things you can not change, no matter how prepared, how much you know, how much you try...
me too.

And I think it says a lot for your instinct that you knew to seek medical assistance.
#3 of 10 Old 10-12-2007, 05:47 PM

i had one too.

what i realized this past week is that when i get pregnant my goal is not to have my ideal birth, my goal is to have a healty baby that i get to parent until i die . so, while i am bummed that things didn't go the way i wanted them to go ( and of course i question all parts of my labors and deliveries) i don't want to dwell on HOW the babe came into the world. the fact is, she did, and she is healthy and is safe and wonderful and now i get to raise her into a wonderful women. her birth was just a hiccup in both our lives, it was not EITHER of our defining moments

that said, i'm doing great. have been since the day i had the section actually. i felt better that day than i did the 5 days before it. weird, i know. you can hardly see my scar and i've been going to the gym for 3 weeks now ( i'm 5 weeks pp). all of my kids are doing great, babe is nursing well and gaining and i'm trying really hard to get her to take a bottle so that i can enjoy my work outs a little more. i finally found one that she is ok with and does well with, the adiri.
#4 of 10 Old 10-12-2007, 11:31 PM

My HBAC turned into a c-section. I am mostly ok with it, but of course it is disappointing. I felt much better immediately after with this one, but the lingering soreness and achiness seems to be worse, probably because I am not just sitting around admiring a baby all day, I am also chasing and hauling around a 21 month old I will probably post more later, but I am trying to get the kids to sleep:

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#5 of 10 Old 10-13-2007, 11:48 AM

My homebirth turned c/s as well. DD decided last minute that she wanted to come out butt-first. I feel really ambivalent about it. While she is my joy and even a less than perfect birth can't negate that, I kind of feel robbed. My body did what it was supposed to very well; I labored at home and found it very manageable and my cervix dilated to 9 cm. What am I supposed to do, blame my baby for flipping into the wrong position? I think not.

I know that it will probably change in time, but with my abdominal sensitivity now and recovering from the c/s, I question if I want to have any more children in the future. That is what really makes me sad.
#6 of 10 Old 10-13-2007, 04:35 PM

Great to see this thread!

Unlike most MDCers, I decided on a scheduled repeat Cesarean birth this time. DD1 was an emergency c/b, and after lots and lots of thinking and weighing many different options (my DH is not at ALL open to midwife care . . .) we decided on a planned repeat this time. I have to say - it went great! Unlike my first daughter's birth, Aliza's birth was peaceful and actually enjoyable! I love my OB and the OR staff was warm and compassionate and wonderful.

I was up and around within hours and the nurses all commented on how I was recovering as if I had delivered vaginally. I took two doses of the heavy pain meds and didn't need anything beyond advil after that. This has been a HUGE blessing (quick and easy recovery) because my toddler is extremely attached to me and I needed to be functioning at close to 100% to care for her.

Aliza latched on immediately and is an awesome nurser (and all-around awesome baby!).

I agree totally with what danaalex said . . . "what i realized this past week is that when i get pregnant my goal is not to have my ideal birth, my goal is to have a healthy baby that i get to parent until i die." I never planned an ideal birth with DD1 and I think in many ways my lack of education/preparation led to her cesarean birth. I certainly can't change any of that now, so I choose to embrace the fact that I have two GORGEOUS daughters to hold on tight to. As wonderfully as my repeat Cesarean birth went, I am completely open to having a third child.

Thanks for sharing your c/b experiences here. I really thought I was the only c/b mama in this DDC!!

Megan - SortaCrunchy mama to blahblah.gif Dacey (7) and energy.gif Aliza Joy (5). Expecting mo-di twin boys baby.gifbaby.gif February 2013!

#7 of 10 Old 10-14-2007, 12:07 AM

i KNOW we're going to have at least one more, if not two my ob told me that my uterus was beautiful LOL and my abs looked great and told the other OB assisting that i was going to have more kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by daceysmomma View Post
I am completely open to having a third child.

Thanks for sharing your c/b experiences here. I really thought I was the only c/b mama in this DDC!!
#8 of 10 Old 10-15-2007, 03:21 PM

I had a scheduled repeat c-section again, and healing this time has not gone as well as it did last time. With my second, I felt great by the time I was home from the hospital but this time I was on pain meds for almost 2 weeks. I was also told during the delivery that my uterus was 'paper thin' and that another pregnancy would be 'risky'. So I'm having a bit of a hard time with that.

Sarah : , mama to Lucas (8) , Ryan (5) : , Andrew (1yr) , and someone new : due early Dec.
#9 of 10 Old 10-16-2007, 04:11 PM

Sarah . . . Hope you are back to feeling like yourself again very soon.

Megan - SortaCrunchy mama to blahblah.gif Dacey (7) and energy.gif Aliza Joy (5). Expecting mo-di twin boys baby.gifbaby.gif February 2013!

#10 of 10 Old 11-18-2007, 08:11 PM

I had a repeat c-section and I had no problems. Although I found it a lot more scary during the operation, I guess because I was so aware of everything that could go wrong. Also I had super horrible gas pain afterwards but once all that started to get better it wasn't bad at all. I lost all my weight in 3 weeks. I felt great and totally back to normal by then too.

I had my tubes tied so no more babies for me.

I had no problems at all with bf either she latched right on no problem.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page