Had to give a bottle.. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 10-12-2007, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I gave DS2 a bottle last night, as I'm going to the accupuncturist tomorrow..

He took it, like he's known what's it's been all along. (such a difference from DS1, as he never took it, and I worked part time, and he'd go up to 6hrs without eating)

Please send me healing vibes, I can't take this chronic pain anymore. My pain is now in my neck, and I can't really turn my head.. It's the worst pain, I've ever been in, in my life. (compared to 6 surgeries).. I really think the chiro made it worse, as every time she adjusted my neck, I'd be in more pain, and I didn't say anything. Now I think the muscles are inflammed, and I can feel them swollen..
#2 of 15 Old 10-12-2007, 09:46 AM

You have been thru so much! I do not really know what to say except that I am sending you much good energy for healing body/mind and spirit.
Have you considered other alternative therapies as well like Reiki, massage, craniosacral work. I think you have mentioned in the past you have done 1 or more of those, but I know that to really recieve benefits, you have to do any of these things regularly.
Anyways, I sense a deep need for healing on many levels for you and that it's all manifesting physically. I hope that whatever has a hold on your body will be released and you can be healed!

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#3 of 15 Old 10-12-2007, 10:49 AM

I don't know if it would be helpful, but over in the Oct DDC, there are 2 chiros- both named Laura if you want to post a plea for ideas.

Sorry, I don't know what is going on with you exactly, but I saw your post title and it caught my attention and I couldn't not respond. I hope you're feeling better soon!! I had costochondritis (sp?) with my daughter while nursing (it's inflammation of the cartilige in the chest and it was excrutiating.

Hugs,
Manda

::Mommy to Pixie : 9-3-00 and Peri 11-15-07
#4 of 15 Old 10-12-2007, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by takebirthback View Post
:Anyways, I sense a deep need for healing on many levels for you and that it's all manifesting physically. I hope that whatever has a hold on your body will be released and you can be healed!
I'm really hoping.. I know they will do work on my gastro. tract. Hopefully the all day nausea will be pushed thru.. I've read about grief consuming your body, and I really hope this is the right path.. The center does a lot of forms of alternative medicine/treatment, so I'm hoping I'm in good hands.

It's expensive $650 for 10 treatments, but that is what credit cards are for. (and unfortunately/fortunately we are looking into filing for bankruptcy, so I essentially don't have to pay for it)
#5 of 15 Old 10-12-2007, 11:06 AM

I hope you find something to help you feel better!

Have you tried homeopathy? Might be somehting to look into as a complement to physical therapies as well.
#6 of 15 Old 10-12-2007, 12:38 PM

I hope it helps so much. I had to give (well dh) Dahlia a bottle yesterday because a filling broke and I had to get dental work. I was gone for two hours and she took one bottle and drank about 2 1/2 ounces. She was really good for my dh and now my tooth is fixed. I was really sad about leaving her and having to give her a bottle so soon but it worked out fine and it was much worse on me than on her. I so hope that you are pain free. You deserve to just sit in peace for a while.
Wendi
#7 of 15 Old 10-12-2007, 03:41 PM

Man, I'd kill to get to go get accupuncture! (But I am a freaky needle-lover, used to beg for shots as a kid!)

Really, though, I so hope that you feel better soon. I know that nothing is as enjoyable when you are in constant pain, it just clouds EVERYTHING.

G's been practicing her bottle skills for a few weeks, mostly just for the heck of it, and that I routinely pump 15 oz extra a day. At first she would get this weird look on her face, like, what in the world is this? But now, she will take any nipple shape, from anyone (even me!) But what I love is that she typically will drink until full from the bottle, but then will fuss until she gets the boob to comfort nurse for a few seconds or fall asleep on me. It's like she needs to make sure it is still there.

I didn't realize, but my mom pointed out that we are really lucky that she still nurses like a pro and will go back and forth so easily.

Good luck, and enjoy getting pricked!
#8 of 15 Old 10-12-2007, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliantmama View Post
Man, I'd kill to get to go get accupuncture! (But I am a freaky needle-lover, used to beg for shots as a kid!)

Good luck, and enjoy getting pricked!
okay is there something you want to share with us, you would make an excellent drug user

(actually a little off topic here, but when I used to work in the criminal justice system, I had a female inmate who would freak when she had to give blood, but she'd have no problem injecting heroin.. go figure)
#9 of 15 Old 10-12-2007, 05:28 PM

I'm sorry you're in so much pain

Sean has had 2 or 3 bottles of EBM so far. He takes it fine, luckily, because I'm going back to work in 6 weeks. :

DS:11 DD:8 DS:3 DS:13 months
#10 of 15 Old 10-13-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty-mama View Post
okay is there something you want to share with us, you would make an excellent drug user

(actually a little off topic here, but when I used to work in the criminal justice system, I had a female inmate who would freak when she had to give blood, but she'd have no problem injecting heroin.. go figure)
Yep, I am a freak, I'm Bridget and I'm a needle-holic.

I happened to know a couple diabetics in jr high and recall enviously watching them injecting themselves with insulin.

I contemplated the drug life to get my needle fix, but eventually settled for tattoos. That is like the ultimate fix for me. Which reminds me, hubby and I agreed that I would get a new postpartum celebration tattoo.

I also like the actually piercing, but it is much more fleeting.

There, now you know my deep, dark, freakish secret. Well, that and the fact that I can put my whole fist in my mouth.
#11 of 15 Old 10-13-2007, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliantmama View Post
There, now you know my deep, dark, freakish secret. Well, that and the fact that I can put my whole fist in my mouth.
wow, I can really say some things on this, but it's probably against the UA.. You are too funny..
#12 of 15 Old 10-13-2007, 08:05 PM

mighty-mama s s s

by any chance, have you tried topical arnica on your neck? If the muscels are inflammed, arnica might help. There is also a great homeopathic topical cream called Topricin that works really really well. Might find at health food store or order it on line.

Healing

SAHM and loving it with DH, DS (8/4/2007) and DS (10/10/2010)
#13 of 15 Old 10-13-2007, 09:24 PM

I hope your back is feeling better soon mama

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#14 of 15 Old 10-14-2007, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkihoi View Post
mighty-mama s s s

by any chance, have you tried topical arnica on your neck? If the muscels are inflammed, arnica might help. There is also a great homeopathic topical cream called Topricin that works really really well. Might find at health food store or order it on line.

Healing
oh I just bought some of this form kerry's herbals
#15 of 15 Old 10-14-2007, 01:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkihoi View Post
mighty-mama s s s

Healing
yeah I tried, this, It didn't work.. But I've found "bengay" helped. I've also been taking homeopathic "muscle relaxors" and homeopathic nerve and muscle trama pellets.. Nothing really helps..

The accupuncturist was rough today, and she told me, she hasn't seen someone in so much pain, she thinks I may have a herniated disc or a badly pinched nerve..

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page