Mothering Forum banner

How many Homebirths/ UC?

3K views 36 replies 28 participants last post by  flowers 
#1 ·
I am woundering how many of us had hombirths and how many of those were UCs? I had a uc, because the law in SD say that no one but family members can attend a homebirth and currently there are no lay midwives working in the state.

#30 ·
We had a homebirth with midwife and her assistant present. Papa caught baby in the bathtub on her entry! Yeah! More beautiful in my memory than any plan I could have made...not that I could have conceived a plan for all of it.

Also, sorry to the other mama who feels flamed. I can't keep up with the acronyms used anyhow. Congratulations to all and happy baby-mooning (you know, minus the sleep thing!).

#31 ·
We had a homebirth with just my DH and MW present. Planned to have my DSs, my mom, and assistant MW, but the birth went from slow to super-charged and they all missed it! Glad my MW had hung out for the afternoon or she'd have missed it, too!

#35 ·
I just went along with the pretty standard procedure here - homebirth with midwife. All the way through pregnancy there were minimal checks carried out (I had to chase for my regular thyroid check-ups) and the birth was similar. When we called the mw at 3.30 am she arrived about 30 min later and I was already 8 cm dilated. The only intervention was 10 min spent in the shower to encorage the pushing ctxns.

#36 ·
I HB'ed with midwife, her Asst, my doula and her mentee (as well as the presence of friends and family)...it was a long process due to a pesky anterior cervical lip but thanks to the skilled hands of my wonderful midwife I delivered (after a total of 30 hrs in labor from onset of 1st "surge") in my fishy designed birthpool in my daughter's own room. This was my 1st birth and it was wonderful!

#37 ·
I had a UP and then birthed at home with dh and 2 mws.

No intervention at all. In fact my mw had never touched my yoni....EVER!

I caught my baby and did my own perineum support. It was awesome.

Just for the record I was 43 + weeks and there were no signs of a post-date baby. He was perfect. Next time I won't stress about my 10 month pregnancy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.