October 2007! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 287 Old 01-24-2007, 05:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm anxious to talk to others who are expecting in October! I got a BFP on January 22nd, with an EDD of October 3. Since there's no DDC for us yet, and I'm not 100% sure I want to stick with September (who knows when the baby will be born, though!), I thought I'd start the thread.

Here's my info:

Name: Heather
Relationship status: married to DH for 7.5 years - he's excited!!
Children/Pregnancies: This is #3 - I have 2 DSs so far
Due date: Oct 3
Birth plans: We will home birth again with our wonderful midwife!
Other: not sure what else to put

Look forward to getting to know everyone!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#2 of 287 Old 01-24-2007, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi and congratulations Heather.

I got a faint BFP on Sat & Sun (Jan. 20-21), which puts my due date at around Oct. 2. I am expectantly hopeful...I had 2 miscarriages last year. So, I may drop out at any time.

Name: ASusan
Relationship status: married to DH for 1.5 years (together for 11+)
Children/Pregnancies: This is #3 - I have 2 MC so far
Due date: Oct 2
Birth plans: Wish I could have a home birth, or a birth center, but it will be in a hospital. I am high-risk (with lupus and kidney anatomical anomolies), and DH loves modern medicine.
Prenatals & supplements: Prometrium; Perfect Prenatal & Kroger brand; B-complex; B6; fish oil

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

#3 of 287 Old 01-24-2007, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASusan View Post
Hi and congratulations Heather.

I got a faint BFP on Sat & Sun (Jan. 20-21), which puts my due date at around Oct. 2. I am expectantly hopeful...I had 2 miscarriages last year. So, I may drop out at any time.

Name: ASusan
Relationship status: married to DH for 1.5 years (together for 11+)
Children/Pregnancies: This is #3 - I have 2 MC so far
Due date: Oct 2
Birth plans: Wish I could have a home birth, or a birth center, but it will be in a hospital. I am high-risk (with lupus and kidney anatomical anomolies), and DH loves modern medicine.
Prenatals & supplements: Prometrium; Perfect Prenatal & Kroger brand; B-complex; B6; fish oil
Hope to join you guys.. no AF yet and it is due today or tomorrow.... I had 2 MC last year myself and am crossing fingers to join you!
#4 of 287 Old 01-24-2007, 04:49 PM

me too!!!! i just got my 2nd BFP this morning, so i'm starting to believe it...EDD around Oct 5-6

anyway, i've been married since August to Chris, we have a 1yo DS, Adam, and so far my birthplans are NOT to give birth in the same hospital as last time, and NOT to use a DR (there's only one m/w in my area, and i'm praying i can snatch her up!)
#5 of 287 Old 01-24-2007, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats, mamas! I just got another BFP, this time on a CVS test rather than the internet cheapies I'd been using. Guess it wasn't a fluke! My 4yo is SO thrilled! Now we need to get the grandparents over here to tell them. And I think I need a nap while the kids are napping!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#6 of 287 Old 01-25-2007, 02:48 AM

Hi all, Congrats on your BFP's!! My due date is September 30th, but I will definately be hanging out in the October thread as it is a distinct possibility that I will deliver in October.

Wife to Rich~ 8/16/03 Mom to Nathan~ 9/30/07

#7 of 287 Old 01-25-2007, 01:42 PM

Due Oct 7th... though I might stick with the Sept DDC, since I've never gone longer than 38.5 weeks, and that would still put me in Sept.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#8 of 287 Old 01-25-2007, 05:37 PM

Hi! My name is Heather. I am due Oct. 6. This is technically my 6th preg. I have a 3 yr old dd and a 5 yr old ds and have had 3 m/c in the last 2 years. I plan to birth at the hospital with my mw completely unmedicated just as before. I will probably jump between the 2 ddc because I usually have my dc a week or 2 early. I look forward to getting to know youall.
#9 of 287 Old 01-25-2007, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats, Heather! Had to figure there'd be at least a couple of us "Heathers" in the group.

#10 of 287 Old 01-25-2007, 07:57 PM

HeatherB - Thanks for starting this. I saw your posts over in nursing ttc and now I think I get to join you here. (I'm so excited and hoping it's really true) I got a faint line this morning (13DPO) which puts me due on Oct 5th.

Me: this is number 2 for me. My son will be 2 on Monday. I'm hoping for a homebirth this time, after a successful natural hospital birth the first time.

Anyone know how/when we get a due date club?
#11 of 287 Old 01-25-2007, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

So glad to see you here, Dinah! I have no idea about how/when DDCs are created. I joined my last DDC closer to the births.

I was just looking at this site and the descriptions (detailed, scientific) of baby's development...
http://www.visembryo.com/baby/

Thought it might be interesting to some of the other mamas here, too!

#12 of 287 Old 01-26-2007, 11:58 AM

wow -- those images are very realistic. It was neat to follow along with my chart and see when things were probably happening.

Just an fyi to anyone who may have m/c'd at home and seen the baby -- it might be hard to look at some of the images. Or it might be reassuring to know that what you saw was normal. Just a bit of a warning. For me, it was a bit of both.

#13 of 287 Old 01-26-2007, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Brisen, thanks for the warning. As one who has NOT experienced a miscarriage past 14dpo, it never occurred to me. I'm sorry if it was disturbing for you.

and for you!!

#14 of 287 Old 01-26-2007, 05:06 PM

Thanks for the hugs. I was already pretty sure it was going to be that detailed, and that it would be sad to see but also helpful in reassuring me that things were normal. I just didn't want anyone to get caught off-guard.

#15 of 287 Old 01-26-2007, 05:06 PM

so anyone else feeling queasy? with DS i barely had a toouch of nausea, but with this one, i actually started feeling ill a day or two before i even suspected i was pg...blech...

anyone hoping for a boy or a girl? i'm sorta secretly hoping for a girl, but another boy would be easy and we'd be able to stay in our little 2 bedroom house a little longer (once we're done co-sleeping, i can't see a boy and a girl wanting to share rooms, but who knows?!)
#16 of 287 Old 01-26-2007, 05:09 PM

Hi - here's my update.

I had wanted to just not do anything - no dr visit, no intervention - and just wait to see if this one would stick. And I was OK with that decision, until I realized in the middle of the night, that if I had done that before, I would have gone at least 2 months with my "blighted ovum," not knowing that nothing was growing. Because, I still had tons of pregnancy symptoms - hunger, nausea, sore breasts... - long after we knew the pg wasn't viable. So...

I went in for a beta HCG yesterday. 749. I know that you can't tell anything from one test alone, but it is right in the average of where it should be for 5.5 weeks. (wishing it were higher, but trying to remain positive) I'm getting another blood draw on Monday, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it keeps rising.

Here's a link that has info re. the relationship bt week in pg and level of beta HCG:

http://www.birth.com.au/class.asp?class=6620&page=8

I did have some pretty bad cramping last night, which was similar to the cramping I had during my previous miscarriages. However, it has subsided today, and I'll just try to stay positive. (Maybe it was that steak I ate at dinner!! I can hope!)

I also finally told DH last night - I figured he might see the slight bruising on my arm where the blood draw was. I told him that I just wasn't as excited about this pg, having had 2 mc. The other 2 times, I could barely think about anything else all day. It was just like Christmas morning when you were a small child. I was bursting with excitement. This time, my attitude is more like, "Well, hope it'll stick this time. Maybe I should keep a couple of pads in my desk just in case..."

Sorry if I'm a little down. I'm really OK with this. Just not bursting-at-the-seams excited.

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

#17 of 287 Old 01-26-2007, 05:10 PM

I am feeling queasy, in the morning before I've eaten especially. Not enough that I feel awful, but enough to make me eat, & then it goes away.

#18 of 287 Old 01-26-2007, 05:53 PM

My name is Heather. I have an EDD of 10/04/07. This is my third child. I have a 13 month old, and a daughter who is 3 on Sunday. We are super excited about this. I have been married for 5 years to my DH. I am a SAHM. Not sure how I am going to manage 3, but I am really excited.

I just got the PREGNANT result on my HPT today. AF was due today, and I had already gotten 2 negatives on HPTs earlier this week. My husband said he knew earlier because I have been glowing.

Mama to 9 year-old girl , and a 7 year-old boy :, and my big little 6 year-old boy, and a 4 year-old boy
#19 of 287 Old 01-26-2007, 05:56 PM

I have been feeling really queasy. I even threw up one night, and I know I wasn't sick with any other symptoms.

Mama to 9 year-old girl , and a 7 year-old boy :, and my big little 6 year-old boy, and a 4 year-old boy
#20 of 287 Old 01-26-2007, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, Heather!! I didnt' see your BFP on the other threads but am glad you're here! Congrats!

#21 of 287 Old 01-27-2007, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
Welcome, Heather!! I didnt' see your BFP on the other threads but am glad you're here! Congrats!
Thanks. I posted my BFP recently. I am really excited because I just learned how to edit my signature to include the timeline for this pregnancy. Yippee.

#22 of 287 Old 01-28-2007, 09:30 AM

Well, it seems as if I'm going to be here.

I just got my BFP at 10dpo yesterday and another with a digital today.

I'm so shocked this worked this month. I was completely convinced I was NOT pregnant. DH thought differently and made me test. We went through the same thing when I was pregnant with my DS.

So, here I am! I pray I get to stay!
#23 of 287 Old 01-28-2007, 12:47 PM

Congrats and Welcome MommaCrystal!

Wife to Rich~ 8/16/03 Mom to Nathan~ 9/30/07

#24 of 287 Old 01-29-2007, 12:56 AM

Hi everyone! I just got a BFP today, and I'm so excited! I was charting (with a client's birth somewhere in there, so I missed a few days of temping) and I'd put my EDD around October 11. I can't believe it! I'm like 2 seconds pregnant.

This will be #4 for us... I can't believe we're on 4 already. We have MZ twin boys who just turned 4yo last week, and a girl who will be 2 in March. I'm kinda hoping for another girl -- I like even numbers! Anyway, that will put me with 4 kids under 5yo. Holy crap! But I'm excited. I was at church today and I was feeling a little nervous and the pastor said TWICE during the sermon, "God says 'be fruitful and multiply'" and that made me feel a lot more calm. I'm just FRUITFUL, is all!

I had my boys vaginally in a hospital, and my daughter in a birth center, and I am really looking forward to a wonderful homebirth with an AWESOME midwife who I've worked with, but never had her as my midwife.

So far I'm feeling fine, peeing like 253362623 times a day and feeling tired.

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#25 of 287 Old 01-29-2007, 05:37 PM

well, i saw my GP today, to tell him i'm pregnant. he was lovely, didn't even need me to POAS for him. i love that he completely trusts my knowledge of my body! he doesn't do obstetrics, unfortunately, so i'm just trying to get in touch with the nearest midwife, although i'm really skeptical about her taking me on...she's over an hour away, and my last labour was only 5 hours, so it might not work out...if not, i met a great dr at the hospital when i was having DS, and she's my 2nd choice. she's completely earth-mama with dreads and everything! lol

so, here i am, waiting for the midwifery clinic to call back! let's hope she calls soon with good news!

so, has anyone started telling people yet? i'm trying so hard to wait at least another week or two, but i just wanna shout it from the rooftops!
#26 of 287 Old 01-29-2007, 05:42 PM

Im testing pos! Unplanned but happy nonetheless! I want a homebirth so bad. i just have to convince DF! Glad to meet you! Im guessing late october early november. I went to 42 weeks with DD but was induced. My mom was very late for all 6 kids. Im expecting to be late and Im hoping i can just trust my bady to do what it KNOWS how to do!

Im a broc1.giflovinghippie.giffly-by-nursing2.gifcd.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
#27 of 287 Old 01-29-2007, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

: Congrats Sera, YumaDoula, MommyCrystal, and everyone else!! :

We've been sharing our news slowly, which has been nice. I'm at 5wks now (21dpo or so) and with no history of loss, am ready to have it known. My boys are SO excited, too, so they keep wanting to tell, and I hate to have them wait and wait and wait! Of course, I'm still quietly terrified of having something happen... but as a midwife told me when I was in a similar state with my 2nd baby, it IS my baby already. Whether or not it makes it to term, it IS a baby and it always will be - so if the worst happens, we'll deal with it, but at least we'll have friends and family who can help us through!

Okay, that sounds a lot more morbid than I intended... Sorry!

How is everyone feeling? I'm tired, hungry, thirsty... I've had a lot of light cramping sort of feelings, but they're subsiding somewhat. Not as noticeable, anyway. I know I probably have another week before morning sickness kicks in! So far I've gained a little weight (2-3lbs), but I generally lose a LOT of weight once I start getting sick, and then continue to stay even or lose the rest of the pregnancy, while baby grows just fine. Best weight loss plan I've found. I'm also going to be doing a 12-week fitness class at the gym, which my midwife approved, so hopefully I'll also be getting into better shape!

#28 of 287 Old 01-29-2007, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
I generally lose a LOT of weight once I start getting sick, and then continue to stay even or lose the rest of the pregnancy, while baby grows just fine. Best weight loss plan I've found. I'm also going to be doing a 12-week fitness class at the gym, which my midwife approved, so hopefully I'll also be getting into better shape!
that is sooo unfair...i gained almost 50lb with DS, and weigh about the same as i did the day after he was born! ugh...

what is the 12 week fitness class you're doing? is it a pregnancy class, or...?
#29 of 287 Old 01-29-2007, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey2061 View Post
that is sooo unfair...i gained almost 50lb with DS, and weigh about the same as i did the day after he was born! ugh...

what is the 12 week fitness class you're doing? is it a pregnancy class, or...?
Well, starting out way OVER weight has some "advantages," I guess! Within a couple of days of DS2's birth, I was 30lbs lighter than when I got pg. BUT, it didn't stay off. We're starting again at about the same place.

The class is called "TEAM Weight Loss," and is a 3x/wk for 12wk class at the local gym. It incorporates nutritional counseling/journaling with cardio exercise (treadmill) and some upper-body strength training with hand weights and some stretchy bands, etc. They're really good at having each person go at their own pace, and my midwife says she thinks the benefits (regular exercise!) will outweigh any potential drawbacks. She did say she would want to look at the nutritional info closely, though, as there are so many fad diets and what-not out there. Gotta make sure it's nothing weird!

So my DH and I will be doing it together starting next week!

#30 of 287 Old 01-29-2007, 10:32 PM

wow! that's great you're doing it with your DH! maybe mine would consider something like that, while grandma babysits of course!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page