Exercise? What's everybody doing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 02-24-2007, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
I know that there were other exercise threads, just wondering what everybody is doing NOW. I'm 17weeks now and just started moving again in the last month. I swim 3 mornings a week, do Taekwon-Do(just not the sparring) 2x per week as well as walking. All this is done at very low intensity. I went from extremely fit to inactivity for 3 months but oh, well. I'm thinking about adding weight training in again, too.
What is everybody else's schedules look like? I'm in need of inspiration. Also, is anybody else's sense of equilibrium off already, too?
Teri
#2 of 22 Old 02-24-2007, 09:01 PM

My goal is to do the elliptical trainer or walk 4-5 times per week and lift weights 3 times per week. I'm so tired this week I only got in 3 sessions on the elliptical and one weight training session. Trying to get better about that!! I also hope to get a stationary bike sometime soon! I'll also swim when we get our pool up and running this summer. I was looking at the pregnancy tapes at the store today. I want something that will give a good workout.

I used to go to the gym but I'm in the process of moving to a home gym. I really want to keep a healthy weight this time. I gained WAY too much with my first.

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#3 of 22 Old 02-24-2007, 09:54 PM

I swim three mornings a week. While it's far to cold to walk outside here, I'm hoping to start walking more when the weather gets nicer.
#4 of 22 Old 02-24-2007, 10:11 PM

A big fat nothing at all. I'm too tired after caring for a 5 yo,4yo and 22 mth old. Plus, even if I wanted to, I don't have any appreciable time to exercise.
#5 of 22 Old 02-24-2007, 11:31 PM

DD and I go to the gym everyday. I lift 3x a week, and run beforehand those mornings. The other 2 days I usually do the crosstrainer. There is an althetic conditioning class I love but it is getting to be a bit much for me already : I am going to add my prenatal yoga DVD back into my routine. LOVED doing that while pg with DD. Just made me feel good!
Keep moving mamas!!!!
#6 of 22 Old 02-24-2007, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandy View Post
DD and I go to the gym everyday. I lift 3x a week, and run beforehand those mornings. The other 2 days I usually do the crosstrainer. There is an althetic conditioning class I love but it is getting to be a bit much for me already : I am going to add my prenatal yoga DVD back into my routine. LOVED doing that while pg with DD. Just made me feel good!
Keep moving mamas!!!!
Which prenatal yoga dvd is it? I'm looking for a good one!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#7 of 22 Old 02-25-2007, 12:09 AM

Before this pregnancy I was walking regularly but now I am so tired and nauseas I don't feel like I can! This is very frustrating as I know how good it is for me and the pregnancy. I hope to get out of this phase soon and get with it!
Charlsie
#8 of 22 Old 02-25-2007, 12:09 AM

Bellydancing! Shooting for MWF for an hour each of those days but we'll see!

Kristina in Kitsap County, WA
Doula, Student Midwife, Mama, Wife & More
http://redspiral.blogspot.com
#9 of 22 Old 02-25-2007, 01:07 AM

I am laying on the sofa while my toddler smacks me in the head with a book. Do you figure I'm getting any aerobic benefit from that?
I'll be starting back up soon with my pre-natal yoga DVD (Prenatal Yoga With Shiva Rea) which is AWESOME. I used it last time and never had any back problems. It's really simplistic yoga, but effective. We also walk often.

Mama to a goofy : girl and babycakes :
#10 of 22 Old 02-25-2007, 01:19 AM

Chewing gum.
#11 of 22 Old 02-25-2007, 01:43 AM

I walk from the couch to the fridge and then back again.

Seriously, I actually WORK at the YMCA on weekends, but I just don't have the energy for working out right now. Prior to this I worked out 5 days/week, and I'm hoping that when my energy returns (second tri, right? right????) I'll go back to my usual.

I have a really good heart-rate monitor and when I did work out during pregnancy, I always kept it at 150 bpm or less. Which means no jumping jacks during CardioKick and no risers during Step.

I'm really hoping my energy comes back. I feel like a slug.

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#12 of 22 Old 02-25-2007, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowerofnada View Post
Chewing gum.
#13 of 22 Old 02-25-2007, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
T-Tapp, exercise videos Ive been doing for 6 yrs. I try to do 2 or 3 a week, done mostly from memory while the kids are having breakfast, in the kitchen with them

I have 3 also ages 7, 4, and 16 mo. Id have to work out at 11 at night if I didnt do it at breakfast.
#14 of 22 Old 02-25-2007, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I am making myself go for a walk today. Do not want to but dog and I are going anyway. My treadmill will be here next week. Yay!! It's my baby gift to myself because I am not going 4 years without exercising this time. The yoga video sounds like a great idea. I have the equiptment for weightlifting but need to clean out my spare room to have room for my bench.: After this week, my schedule will slow down a bit so maybe then. Great to see what everybody else is doing. It's really inspiring and I can completely relate to counting chewing gum as exercise, too.
Teri
#15 of 22 Old 02-25-2007, 07:08 PM

When I have the energy I throw my Walk Away the Pounds video in the VCR. We just joined a new gym near our house that should open soon and I can't wait to go. I figure I'll get on the treadmill and elliptical and when the pool gets finished I'll be swimming.

Noelia- mama to 4
#16 of 22 Old 02-25-2007, 07:54 PM

I am not exercising at all right now, which is sad, but I barely have the energy to get through work and make sure dd doesn't hurt herself too badly climbing over the furniture. :

I have the Shiva Rea video too, and I agree it is awesome. Hoping to pull it out when my energy improves a little. And, if it would EVER stop raining here I might be inspired to go for a walk. Maybe.

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#17 of 22 Old 02-25-2007, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
Which prenatal yoga dvd is it? I'm looking for a good one!
Got it from Gaiam. Shiva Rae (sp?) I just love it
#18 of 22 Old 02-26-2007, 03:43 AM

Chasing 15 month old ds around. I don't think I need anything more than that.
#19 of 22 Old 02-26-2007, 09:41 AM

Exercise bike but now that I am pregnant I go gently.

No more spinning for me until after Oct 07.
#20 of 22 Old 02-26-2007, 11:08 AM
Banned

I'm awful... All I do is chase my 8 1/2 month old around the house...
#21 of 22 Old 02-26-2007, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't do anything at all because I cannot seem to convince myself that physical activity won't make me miscarry.

So basically, my exercise is walking to the fridge.

mom to one glorious sweetpea born 10/18/2007.

#22 of 22 Old 02-26-2007, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridgewoman View Post
I don't do anything at all because I cannot seem to convince myself that physical activity won't make me miscarry.

So basically, my exercise is walking to the fridge.
I have to admit, this is my other reason for not getting up off my dead tushie to exercise. I would probably do a short walk (couple blocks or so) without fear, but beyond that I am just not game. Also I am still dealing with ovarian hyperstimulation from the IVF, and if I overdo my ovaries start to hurt and I have to stop and sit right away. Hard to do in the middle of a rainy wet sidewalk!

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page