Early October Mamas Thread - 10/1-10/10 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-13-2007, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycandigirl View Post
I am 10w4d today and can no longer lay on my belly to sleep without feeling that bump. .
I keep feeling the "bump" too! I've been thinking it's too early, but it's not the "impossible to lay on" type of bump, just the "hmm... there's something there" type, iykwim! So maybe I'm not crazy afterall.

My MW comes on Thursday and fully expects we'll hear the heartbeat (11w1d). I'll just be glad to see her and make some plans!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2007, 06:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! Now that an ultrasound has confirmed I belong in this week (edd Oct. 10), I thought I'd pop in and say hello! My LMP was December 15, but I did not conceive until Jan. 17. Isn't that wild? I'm sure it's because that period was my first ppaf after my 19 month old daughter. So I am 9 weeks 5 days and desperate for the 2nd tri so hopefully I can have some relief.

To the mama who has lost 15 pounds (crazycandigirl?) I feel for you. This is my second hyperemesis pregnancy, and I've lost a lot of weight too. This time around, I've been to the ER three times and admitted once to try to get the nausea under control. At this point I am on round the clock phenergan. I was sick all 9 months with my dd, but at least by the second trimester I was functional with meds (walking, driving, etc.)... only a couple more weeks to go!!!

happy tummies, everybody!
naismama
Old 03-13-2007, 07:51 PM

My EDD is October 8th and I've been morning (all day really) sickness free for 3 days now (woot!)! Anyone else?
Old 03-13-2007, 09:34 PM

I'm out. I really don't even feel slightly sick anymore. I have been eating salad and actually loving it!

When you girls talk about how many weeks you are is it from your LP or from conception?
Old 03-14-2007, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naismama View Post
To the mama who has lost 15 pounds (crazycandigirl?) I feel for you. This is my second hyperemesis pregnancy, and I've lost a lot of weight too. This time around, I've been to the ER three times and admitted once to try to get the nausea under control. At this point I am on round the clock phenergan. I was sick all 9 months with my dd, but at least by the second trimester I was functional with meds (walking, driving, etc.)... only a couple more weeks to go!!!
I have been very very sick, but so far have kept from being in the hospital or on medication. I just suffer through the best I can and try to push fluids. Yuck. I know with my DD that things got soooooo much better at 12 weeks and no more sickness at 15, so I am holding on to that fact. No one seems too terribly worried, and I do keep a little down, so I try not to worry as well. I hope that you start to feel better soon. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowers View Post
When you girls talk about how many weeks you are is it from your LP or from conception?
I count weeks from my LMP. That is how my doctor counts them. All of my picture books go by conception though, so I keep both numbers in mind.

Unschooling Mommy of 3: Lilith (14), Panda (6), and Fox (4)
Old 03-14-2007, 01:23 PM

Quote:
I'm out. I really don't even feel slightly sick anymore. I have been eating salad and actually loving it!

By my LMP I would be due earlier like October 1-4 but I pretty much know when we concieved which would make it october 8th so I use conception date.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

My edd is based on conception date (which was late in my cycle, so my LMP is pretty useless). But when I say I'm 11 weeks, I mean I'm 11 weeks from my supposed-LMP. Or in other words, that it's been 9 weeks since conception and I'm tacking on the extra 2 weeks to account for LMP. Does that make sense?

Well, I thought I was escaping the first trimester pretty much unscathed by "morning sickness." I've actually been very nauseous most of the time, but only threw up when I took my vitamin on an empty stomach. So avoiding that, I've been okay. Until Saturday when I got really hungry but had been sipping on an Izze soda (fruit juice and sparkling water basically) and suddenly felt very ill. And today... I got up and drank a big glass of ice water. I guess that wasn't quite what I needed, though. So I'm hoping some cereal will stay down better. I'd forgotten how miserable it can be!!

I am very eager to see my midwife tomorrow. She fully expects to hear the heartbeat, which would be wonderful. Today I'm headed to the chiropractor because my sacroilliac joing is KILLING me. It's never been this bad. Hopefully she can do some good work on it and I can actually walk at the gym tonight! Most of last night walking was very difficult. But at least there's hope!!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 03-14-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
My edd is based on conception date (which was late in my cycle, so my LMP is pretty useless). But when I say I'm 11 weeks, I mean I'm 11 weeks from my supposed-LMP. Or in other words, that it's been 9 weeks since conception and I'm tacking on the extra 2 weeks to account for LMP. Does that make sense?
This is how I do it, too. By my LMP, I'm due Oct 1, but I ovulated 6 days past the cycle day 14 that is taken as standard. When I say how far along I am, it is by what my LMP should be if it happened 14 days before ovulation.

My MS isn't better; it's worse. Still not throwing up, though, which is good, but I've been close a couple of times today. I tried to get outside today, despite everything, but it didn't happen.

Dh took some kids he volunteers with out for pizza last night. I told him to bring home pizza; in fact, the night before that, I had dreamed of eating huge slices of pizza. He came home with one little box of leftovers. I was thinking more along the lines of order a pizza to take home at the end of the meal! He also came home way later than I was expecting, and I was getting all worried about him. He left here at 6:30 and it was well after 11 when he came home. Apparently, he took the kids to a dairy queen for dessert after, and they wandered into the middle of a big celebration of Persian New Year, he thinks (though my googling suggests it is Mar 21 this year). So I got to worry while they went out and partied.

ETA: Apparently, I didn't google enough. It was to celebrate the Persian Fire Festival, which celebrates the upcoming New Year.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

Old 03-15-2007, 12:35 AM

Normally pizza is one of my favorite foods but the last two times I've eaten it I've gotten so sick for at least 24 hours. I guess it's the sodium
Old 03-15-2007, 11:32 AM

Sorry, Hippiemommie. It's frustrating when comfort-type foods are suddenly inedible.

I made a tuna casserole for dinner last night after reading the tuna thread here. I was hungry and had a headache from not eating properly and was so looking forward to some tasty carbs and protein. I filled my kids' plates and then put one forkfull in my mouth -- and just about threw up. It was horrible. I don't know if I'm overly sensitive or what. Everyone else thought it was fine.

Old 03-24-2007, 04:10 AM - Thread Starter

Hey, early-October mamas! I'm 12w2d today and thought *maybe* I felt some movement?! It happened several times when I was laying quietly, but I was feeling a lot of different stuff so it's hard to know for sure. But some of the bumps were definitely low enough and felt so familiar! How many are feeling the babe move already? I know it's not impossible at this point!

How's the nausea going? I'm actually feeling MORE sick these days, but I think it's probably because the baby is growing SO much that I need to eat even MORE. So I get too hungry and have had times of throwing up with nothing in there but stomach acid. Thankfully that's not as bad as the "real thing!!" Hopefully we're all seeing the end of it, though!!

Old 03-24-2007, 10:17 AM

I thought I might have felt something, but it's hard for me to tell, and I don't want to think it's kicking until I can tell *for sure*. I've spent some time lying on my back and feeling for my uterus, and I usually spend some time feeling for kicks, too. I'm trying not to think about it too much, but when I spend an hour lying in bed in the middle of the night, trying to get back to sleep after peeing, I have to do something to keep me occupied.

Nausea is definately getting better. I think I jinxed myself though; I told my mw at my appointment this week that I seemed to be past the nausea and food aversions, and then spent much of the next two days super queasy and willing myself not to throw up. I think, though, some of it may have had to do with the chocolate chip cookies I had for breakfast on one of those days...

Old 03-24-2007, 12:22 PM

I've felt things that are either gas flutters or baby flutters...some are low enough to be baby...but like Brisen I'm not claiming feeling baby until I'm sure.

I'm 12w5d today and starting to feel much much better. Even though I'm still throwing up time to time, the nausea is almost gone...the vomiting spells come almost without warning, sadly. Most of the day I feel pretty good. I still get really tired at the end of the workday but I always got tired at the end of the workday...particularly my day of Kindergarteners.

I'm up 7 lbs so I'm trying so hard to alter my eating. I've done really well the last 4 or 5 days...because the nausea is going away I can really eat much more normally and a larger variety of healthier foods....not just fruit, pasta, and junk food anymore.

Wife to Rich~ 8/16/03 Mom to Nathan~ 9/30/07

Old 03-24-2007, 01:15 PM

So, I'm at the end of the early group--11w3d, but it encourages me to read about all of your progress. I'm still very nauseous and vomity and constantly on medication. I'm hoping for some relief in a couple of weeks. I kept a pretty good journal when I was pregnant with dd, and it looks like I was functional by 17 weeks. I'm hoping things improve sooner this time.

I think my uterus is still pretty low. I don't feel all the stretching and pressure I did with the first pregnancy, and I have no bump or hardness at all down there. In fact, the only way I really know I'm pregnant is the blinding nausea (and the sleepiness). So I'm excited to see how things develop over the next couple of weeks.

Oh, and with my first pregnancy, I let people make me believe I was feeling first trimester gas, but when I got to 15 weeks and was feeling definitely baby, I knew that was what I had been feeling at 11 and 12 weeks too!
Old 03-24-2007, 04:30 PM

I'm feeling much better! 11wks 4 days! Woo Hoo!! I've only gained a pound but my jeans aren't fitting. I wasn't able to find my uterus on my own and didn't think i had grown at all. But, suprise!..at the midwife yesterday it was only about an inch from my belly button!! What??!!? Is this normal? I know this is number 2 for me, but seriousely, isn't that like a month a head of schedule?? She didn't seem to alarmed, I was so suprised at the time, I wish I could've asked more questions.: She made sure my dates were right and they are but hmm...any thoughts??
Old 03-24-2007, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Glad to hear there's a general upward trend! I'm eager to take some more time to see if I can feel the baby.

mamablair, when my MW came at 11w1d she first said she felt what seemed like a "healthy 16wk uterus." But we didn't find a heartbeat up high, and it seemed to be clearly down below the pubic bone still. She said she guessed that I have fibroids, which are apparently harmless in that type of position unless they cause bleeding or cramping etc. None of that so I'm not supposed to worry. When we have our 20+wk u/s I'll ask the tech to check specifically, though, to see what's there. (My MW said they're so common that the tech probably wouldn't comment on them without being asked.) I was kind of hoping it meant twins, but no such luck at this point!

I see my MW again on Thursday (yay!!) and am eager to hear just where she finds things to be. Hopefully we'll hear the hb this time, too!

Old 03-24-2007, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
mamablair, when my MW came at 11w1d she first said she felt what seemed like a "healthy 16wk uterus." But we didn't find a heartbeat up high, and it seemed to be clearly down below the pubic bone still. She said she guessed that I have fibroids, which are apparently harmless in that type of position unless they cause bleeding or cramping etc. None of that so I'm not supposed to worry.
Interesting HeatherB...I'll have to remember to ask my mw when I have my next appt. Although, the babies heartbeat was 2 inches above my pubic bone..odd. We'll see I guess....Thanks for the thoughts. It has me wondering for sure.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:29 AM

Hey there. 12w2d here. I am still sick. I have a day or two when I think its getting better, then bamm, I am reduced to crumpled heap of pathetic sickness once again. sigh. I need to feel better soon, I really don't think that I can do this for much longer, but I so want to stay off of medication if I can help it. I have only lost a couple of more pounds in the past 2 weeks, but I am so ready to fell happy and wonderfully pregnant instead of sick.

Other than that, I am doing well. I am happy to watch the weeks tick by, to feel that bump grow, feel those little quivers that for now I am calling "growing twitches". I get to have a baby!!!! That is such a happy thing, so full of excitement and love. I am so blessed. I am so ready to be blessed with a little less throwing up though.

Unschooling Mommy of 3: Lilith (14), Panda (6), and Fox (4)
Old 03-25-2007, 10:44 PM

I figured I would throw these names out there for anyone searching for male baby names... I can't use either although I like them...
Radames
Me and dp know someone with this name which is where I got it from, it would just be VERY obvious where we came up with it for him and many other friends that know him and know we know him...

And I like the name Trajan. Can't use it b/c my dp's brother has a son that is nicknamed Tra, b/c he is the 3rd jr and has his grandfather's name, his dad's name and thus the third Jesse, but is only called Tra (Tray).. Too close...

I am searching for a boy name just in case I am carrying a boy baby... (pregnant)
Old 03-25-2007, 10:50 PM

How do you pronounce Radames?
Old 03-28-2007, 01:25 PM

I am 13w O days ! I cant wait for next week when i will be 14 w and 2nd trimester starts!! I feel like i can really get excited at that point! (not that im not, I just worry : ) My Due date is 10/07/07.

Does anyone know when or about when you get to do the sonogram and find out if its a boy or girl?? I am dying to know!!

Amy
Old 03-28-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
How do you pronounce Radames?

Rad(like that is rad dude) uh mess
Old 03-28-2007, 01:49 PM

Last night I got that tight pain feeling at the top of my abdomen, what I understand to be the tendons stretching, I don't notice my stomach being larger but that means there is some growing going on!

I think 2nd trimester has started, the bad symptoms are gone as far as I can tell!!!

Belly pic

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86...march27002.jpg
Old 03-28-2007, 02:29 PM

It's so strange....last week all my fear had passed and I was SURE everything was going to be fine...then yesterday's scare kicked me in the butt! Now I'm totally terrified of losing the baby again. The chances are good that everything will be fine, and now the polyp is explaining the bleeding, but it's still scary to see blood everytime I wipe and sometime it's even enough to tinge the toilet water reddish.

I know that I shouldn't worry, but I can't help it...I'm so protective of this little bugger. I miss the secure feeling of last week!

Wife to Rich~ 8/16/03 Mom to Nathan~ 9/30/07

Old 03-28-2007, 02:50 PM

amberbella, I hope the bleeding stops so you don't have to keep worrying, that would really be stressful!
Old 03-28-2007, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry's_Amy View Post

Does anyone know when or about when you get to do the sonogram and find out if its a boy or girl?? I am dying to know!!

Amy
I think this is 18-20 weeks according to traditional LMP dating, so about 16 weeks gestation. I'm still in the throes of HG and feeling pretty sicky, so this is a great milestone for me to look forward to!
Old 03-30-2007, 11:21 AM

I'm thinking I might be feeling some flutters... I'm getting more and more sure, but still not 100%. And my uterus seems to have had a growth spurt since my appointment last week; it's definately higher. My nausea is much better, but I'm still sooooo tiiiiiiiiired.

Old 03-30-2007, 04:11 PM

Me too; my nausea is almost completely gone, but the tiredness seems worse than ever! I'm sleeping 8+ hrs at night but still can't function well and I need a nap by early afternoon. Zzzzzzz...
I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:40 PM

Just wanted to say everybody...I am due Oct. 6th. I just had my first MW appointment and heard baby's heartbeat...YAY! We are on baby number 3 and OMG I am big already! I thought I was long over the sickies but a few days ago I started feeling yucky again...Must remember to drink more water!

Anyhow, Hi! I hope to post more regularily now that hubby's back in town

Old 04-02-2007, 03:42 PM

Jrayn your tummy is lovely thanks for the pics.

User Tag List