I suddenly started throwing up- in the EVENINGS? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-11-2007, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Several days ago, I just got so sick in the evening. I couldn't hold it in, and I threw up. Again, yesterday, I got a creeping feeling of nausea at about 6pm. This seems to be my sick hour. I'm afraid of 6 (well 7 with the time change) pm today! I'm afraid to eat dinner! Throwing up is so gross. Is anyone else really sick at night? I wonder why this is happening. Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to these things! I figure that it's only a few more weeks until I start to feel great. I can take it until then, if it means the little baby is thriving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 03-11-2007, 12:14 PM

FWIW, I've been throwing up morning, noon, or night- or all three- for 5 weeks. :
#3 of 8 Old 03-11-2007, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've been lucky to escape any throwing up -- the closest is gagging and dry heaving -- but I do get really nauseated. Usually in the morning and then late afternoon and evening. I'm not sure why. I usually eat a bunch through the morning to help the nausea and load up after going hungry all night, and lately I've been tired and putting off making dinner until later, so maybe I'm just getting hungry again in the eve so the nausea kicks in to remind me to eat. I just have to make sure that I eat before I'm so nauseated that I don't feel like eating.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#4 of 8 Old 03-12-2007, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalara View Post
Several days ago, I just got so sick in the evening. I couldn't hold it in, and I threw up. Again, yesterday, I got a creeping feeling of nausea at about 6pm. This seems to be my sick hour. I'm afraid of 6 (well 7 with the time change) pm today! I'm afraid to eat dinner! Throwing up is so gross. Is anyone else really sick at night? I wonder why this is happening. Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to these things! I figure that it's only a few more weeks until I start to feel great. I can take it until then, if it means the little baby is thriving.
How many weeks were you when you started throwing up?

Ph.D. Mama to Anaiah born 10/06/07 and Mathias born 11/14/09 and Wife to my cocoa puff DH.
My Cup Runs Over Daily!

www.becomingamommy.com

#5 of 8 Old 03-12-2007, 02:00 PM

My stomach is pretty much fine all day until evening comes. With my first I didn't really have MS at all, just a bit, with my second I was sick all day for 6 months, so this is a change. I am not surprised by anything, every pregnancy is different. Hang in there, hopefully you'll be feeling better soon.
#6 of 8 Old 03-12-2007, 02:26 PM

I was only getting some slight morning sickness, until about seven weeks, when not only did it start extending into early afternoon, but I noticed I get nauseated about eight or nine at night, and if I am up in the middle of the night my stomach turns as well. I have read that nausea is normal any time of day during pregnancy. My theory is that I start getting hormone surges in the evening, and they last well into the next morning. Hoping it eases for all of us at 10-12 weeks!!

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#7 of 8 Old 03-12-2007, 03:14 PM

Ugh... that stinks.

I get waves of nausea through the day, and one of them always seems to be right after dinner or in early evening. I haven't thrown up yet, but I've come really close. I hate throwing up! With my son I only did once when I let my stomach get too empty, but with my daughter I did morning and night.
#8 of 8 Old 03-13-2007, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, throwing up is completely gross. It happened after I ate completely the wrong thing, then my gag reflex was just tremendously excited for a few days. It was about 7.5 weeks when I threw up first. I woke up at 6 weeks pregnant to the day feeling funny about food, though. I had that whole "I don't want to eat but I'd better eat something or I'll be even more nauseated" type feeling. I've lost interest in food entirely! My pants are pretty much falling off today, so I can really tell I've lost some pounds. I'm doing my best to keep it down. I figure, it's temporary. In a few weeks, I'll enjoy food again. I so love to enjoy food- I just can't think about that now. You know what I mean!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page