Anyone else feel like the baby is going to fall out? - Mothering Forums
October 2007 > Anyone else feel like the baby is going to fall out?
mamaveggie's Avatar mamaveggie 01:31 PM 06-05-2007
I remember this feeling from near the very end of my pregnancy with my daughter. I can only stand for about 1/2 hour before I start feeling intense pressure, which isn't even long enough to get through the grocery store. Anyone else experiencing this, or am I just the lucky one?

Dena's Avatar Dena 01:48 PM 06-05-2007
I have found that after being on my feet for half an hour to 45 minutes I start feeling pressure at the base of my tummy. It doesn't quite feel like the babies are going to fall out, but it does feel like perhaps a contraction or something. Not fun, either way.
2bluefish's Avatar 2bluefish 02:42 PM 06-05-2007
Yeah, I notice that if I do alot of walking I get that feeling that everything has got really low. But I always feel like that along time and my babies have yet to fall out, so I still go to the grocery
IfMamaAintHappy's Avatar IfMamaAintHappy 03:23 PM 06-05-2007
I started feeling that way at 38 weeks with my second. I started feeling it at 17 weeks with my third. She ended up engaging at 0 station at 26 weeks and staying there till labor too!

I have been feeling it since about 17 weesk this time too, and if I am walking any distance like grocery store, or working out, or cleaning in the house.
mamaveggie's Avatar mamaveggie 03:45 PM 06-05-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfMamaAintHappy View Post
I started feeling that way at 38 weeks with my second. I started feeling it at 17 weeks with my third. She ended up engaging at 0 station at 26 weeks and staying there till labor too!

I have been feeling it since about 17 weesk this time too, and if I am walking any distance like grocery store, or working out, or cleaning in the house.
Wow! I'll have to ask at my next appointment.
Aeress's Avatar Aeress 04:23 PM 06-05-2007
I just noticed the "falling out" feeling yesterday.

it is such a strange and uncomfortable sensation.
wildgarden's Avatar wildgarden 05:56 PM 06-05-2007
I notice it on and off. It is uncomfortable for me too. Stay in there baby!
Lookingup's Avatar Lookingup 10:14 PM 06-05-2007
Yes... pretty disconcerting.

My m/w did say that all that extra blood flow down there contributes to the sensation, so I try not to freak out about it.
gigismom's Avatar gigismom 11:51 PM 06-05-2007
Yeah, me too. Gets earlier each time. I have pretty significant discomfort in the pelvic area if I walk any distance at all as well as heaviness

peace
jen
Brisen's Avatar Brisen 05:23 PM 06-06-2007
I do get that heaviness, but I find that walking helps it. So, no problem walking around the grocery store for more than an hour yesterday, but standing to wash dishes gets pretty uncomfortable.

But for me, the issue is varicose veins.
mosaicmama's Avatar mosaicmama 09:12 PM 06-06-2007
I too have been experiencing this. It is my second pregnancy and this never happened with my first. This babe seems to be much lower than she was, I guess that is why. I have been having cramping really low too. Anyone else.
Up