Pregnancy exercises... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-07-2007, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, I need to get "toned" a little. I'm having a really hard time walking already : and it's not fun. I'm having symphysis pain (pubic bone pain?) and my hips are already making me grumpy . I'm overall not so greatly shaped this pregnancy and it's showing : I've always been hyperlax and with relaxine starting to kick in, I'm suprisingly flexible and my chiropractor friend explained how my ligaments are compensating for my weak muscles.

Anyone have a nice pregnancy DVD tu suggest? Yoga ? Something else? Something to up general muscle tone??

Mama to 5 boys, F (13), J(11), R&X (8), L (2) and growing baby 6 due in Feb 11!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 06-07-2007, 04:26 PM

: No thoughts unfortunately, but I'm also interested in respones.
#3 of 6 Old 06-07-2007, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My MW says walking and swimming are wonderful pregnancy exercises. Also things like pelvic rocks (cat stretches) are really good. They help baby get into a good position and also work some of those core muscles fairly gently. Feel pretty good, too!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#4 of 6 Old 06-07-2007, 04:48 PM

I walk with DH and DD every evening before bed. I do a lot better if I let DH set the pace. Since my midwife told me I need to work up a sweat and get some lactic acid out of my muscles, I do so much better -- I'm not trying to take it easy while exercising anymore.

I do prenatal yoga too but that is not exactly exercise... heavy on the prenatal, light on the yoga.
#5 of 6 Old 06-07-2007, 05:14 PM

We have a pool and I swim. (Only thing I like about being pregnant in the summer!)

I've been going to yoga at the Y and modifying it a little, and surprisingly felt SORE afterwards, even though I barely broke a sweat.

My boobs inhibit any true cardio, and it's too hot to do anything outside.

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#6 of 6 Old 06-07-2007, 06:03 PM

I've been walking too. Trying to get as fast as I can without pain. So it's going okay. I am trying to minimize weight gain (blah +13# so far).

I would recommend swimming. Non-impact and actually builds muscle quite well.

Liz

Wife, and mother to a small fairy, a demolition expert, a special new someone this fall and a small dachshund.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page