How do you want this one to be better than the last? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 07-15-2007, 09:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YumaDoula View Post
Well for the birth, I hope to be more calm and more patient than I was with dd's birth.

For the kid herself, I just hope we can both get the hang of nursing quickly. I am a BFAR mom (breastfeeding after a reduction). Anyway, because of my last 3 kids (I stopped with everyone before 1 month old) I just don't have a lot of CONFIDENCE in my bfing ability. I'm going to DO it, but I feel like a first time mom.

So wish me lots of good nursing vibes there.
Lots and lots of ~great nursing vibes~ to you Yuma!!!!
It's gonna be great!!!

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three
#32 of 37 Old 07-15-2007, 05:09 PM

I hope that unlike dd, this child will not have problem teeth (5 caps by age 3 : regardless of a healthy diet and good brushing). I hope that he'll be more outgoing and less clingy. Although I love her as she is, I can't imagine having 2 clinging to my legs!

I hope that like dd, this child will love books, nursing, playing with the dog, and nature--animals, fish, leaves, bark, trees. I hope that like dd and dh, he'll love art and making artwork.

Happy with my DH, 2 kids, dog, fish, and frogs
#33 of 37 Old 07-16-2007, 01:33 PM

I also hope that this one likes cars and trucks as much as his big brother, because we have a lot of them! And it might be nice for DS #1 to have someone to play them with!
#34 of 37 Old 07-17-2007, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam's Mum View Post
I also hope that this one likes cars and trucks as much as his big brother, because we have a lot of them! And it might be nice for DS #1 to have someone to play them with!
ditto on this one with anything Thomas the Tank Engine. It will make my $$$$$ investment even MORE worth it!
#35 of 37 Old 07-17-2007, 12:22 PM

Fortunately our Thomas/Thomas compatible stuff is on loan from my niece who is too old to play with them but still wants them back -- so we saved big time there. But it's going to be lot of years I suspect before we give them back...she may have her own kids by then!
#36 of 37 Old 07-17-2007, 01:12 PM

Yeah! I had sooo much fun (and spent sooo much money) playing trains with DD the beginning of this pregnancy. Now the slight bending over to push the train around the track on the train table is killer!
#37 of 37 Old 07-17-2007, 01:28 PM

If we can just have a calm at home post partum and get off to a good start nursing, I think we'll be good. I haven't had an uneventful first week yet, so I'm really hoping for that.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page