Weird, I know - pacifier holders - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 07-14-2007, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I want a paci holder w/ a metal clip. Not those plastic Mam ones : and not those $60. sterling silver ones. :

I think the Mam ones are a pita and come off too easily. I want the metal clippy ones!!!! They don't come off!

Anyone have any idea where to find them? They used to be carried by Babies R Us but I can't find them in store OR online. They had a cute little teddy bear w/ a colored ribbon. :

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#2 of 22 Old 07-14-2007, 07:47 PM

i know someone who makes them custom with all natural wood beads and a metal clip for $15

http://www.schnullikidz.com/catalog.php?category=16

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#3 of 22 Old 07-14-2007, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Those are actually pretty. thanks!

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#4 of 22 Old 07-14-2007, 09:35 PM

i was going to post the same thing! that is what i am getting this time. i always hated the plastic ones. not all of my babies took pacifiers but for the one that did she loved those pacifiers. she is nearly five and will still get all squealy when she sees one.
#5 of 22 Old 07-15-2007, 02:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What about Haba? http://www.habausa.com/ should work (I hope!) They make a variety of "pacifier chains" that should be good quality like the rest of their stuff. I just looked at some in their catalog and the clips are definitely metal!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#6 of 22 Old 07-15-2007, 09:09 AM

I've seen some really sweet Haba ones.

I Haba.

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three
#7 of 22 Old 07-15-2007, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

those are cute!

I'm seeing many more bead things like that. Hmmm.

Oh! A mom on my hyperemesis board checked at bru CANADA and found the metal clips I so desire, so if I can't find anything I like here she offered to pick a couple up for me.

#8 of 22 Old 11-27-2007, 09:03 PM

www.pacienvy.com
Super cute, less than $10, put whatever name/phrase/nickname you want. LOTS of ribbons to choose from, even your favorite sports' team. And, no flimsy plastic clip!
#9 of 22 Old 11-27-2007, 09:13 PM

Thanks for posting this. I've been wanting the same thing. i'm tired of having to hold the paci in my teeth. It's not like you can put it in your pocket
#10 of 22 Old 11-28-2007, 12:34 AM

I have a clipless pacifier holder - her name is Sofia!

Only problem is by the time she gets done holding the pacifier it needs to be washed. Ah, three year olds...

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#11 of 22 Old 11-28-2007, 01:12 AM

yea, I have 2 of those too. I found out they sell the hospital paci's at Target. We tried a few others and she didn't like them, so we tried this one and she loves it! So of course people will think she was born in the hospital. Anyway, they think it's so cool when she sucks on it and think she is a fish so of course it's their toy, which is why I want a holder. Then it can stay attached to her and they won't get it.
#12 of 22 Old 11-28-2007, 03:07 AM

i want one, but Jack only uses Mam paci's, no ring to tie the string around..
#13 of 22 Old 11-28-2007, 03:21 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, I found the metal clippy ones at BRU. They now have animals on them, not just teddy bears. They've got koala bears, giraffe's, etc.

Jennifer, get a Mam clip, keep the little rubber ring, then get the metal clips and run the string through the rubber ring for the Mam paci. I did that w/ Rachel's when she used Mam

#14 of 22 Old 11-28-2007, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlygf View Post
yea, I have 2 of those too. I found out they sell the hospital paci's at Target. We tried a few others and she didn't like them, so we tried this one and she loves it! So of course people will think she was born in the hospital. Anyway, they think it's so cool when she sucks on it and think she is a fish so of course it's their toy, which is why I want a holder. Then it can stay attached to her and they won't get it.
Thanks SO much for posting this! I was about to order some more pacis online because Ellen only seems to like the hospital ones too. We had two that were sent home with us when Sofie was discharged, and Ellen loves them (Sofie, of course, would never take them...) Of course, we have lost one already. I have no idea how, as they don't go further than the car. Anyway, I was about to order more online but they want $4 to ship two tiny pacis. I'm so totally going to Target tomorrow!!

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#15 of 22 Old 11-28-2007, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthatgirl View Post
Ok, I found the metal clippy ones at BRU. They now have animals on them, not just teddy bears. They've got koala bears, giraffe's, etc.

Jennifer, get a Mam clip, keep the little rubber ring, then get the metal clips and run the string through the rubber ring for the Mam paci. I did that w/ Rachel's when she used Mam
eeeeexxxxxxxxxcelleenntttttt
#16 of 22 Old 11-28-2007, 05:55 PM

Dena, I'm glad I could help. They aren't too much either they have a bottle to so I guess it's easier for them to transition to. luckily she's taken a bottle. I already have a huge stash of milk
#17 of 22 Old 11-28-2007, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlygf View Post
Dena, I'm glad I could help. They aren't too much either they have a bottle to so I guess it's easier for them to transition to. luckily she's taken a bottle. I already have a huge stash of milk
Wow, good for you! We haven't tried a bottle on Ellen yet, mostly because I would have nothing to put in it. I keep telling myself I should pump and build up something of a stash, but I keep putting it off - I still have such bad memories of pumping for weeks when Sofie was a baby and in the NICU, so I guess I am avoiding it this time.

#18 of 22 Old 11-28-2007, 07:07 PM

The first 2 weeks I had so much milk I had to pump or I would be taking a milk bath every day. It was so annoying. Since my milk has figured itself out, I haven't pumped since So hopefully this much lasts until she starts solids.
(sorry for hijacking the thread)
#19 of 22 Old 11-28-2007, 09:52 PM

I like the Haba ones too! So cute!
#20 of 22 Old 12-01-2007, 03:38 PM

if you are a knitter or know someone who is there is a super sweet one here.. http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring06/PATTtinytether.html
the thing i like about this one is that its soft..no metal or plastic, or anything hard like wooden beads...its another option and a free one at that!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#21 of 22 Old 12-01-2007, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
if you are a knitter or know someone who is there is a super sweet one here.. http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring06/PATTtinytether.html
the thing i like about this one is that its soft..no metal or plastic, or anything hard like wooden beads...its another option and a free one at that!
Fabulous!! I do knit!

#22 of 22 Old 12-01-2007, 07:14 PM

glad i could help!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page