For the working mamas..pet peeves - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 07-18-2007, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethyspirit View Post
Why is it that people always want to rub the belly, like there is a sign that says "Rub me". Is a genie going to come out? Um nope.
Now you tell me! I thought this baby was going to grant me my every wish and desire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 33 Old 07-18-2007, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmack45 View Post
At least you can discuss pregnancy with your coworkers. I have one coworker that is 2 years older than me and has been married for about 6 months longer than me. She has been unable to conceive as of yet and insists on treating me like the woman who stole her baby.
Wow - that really sucks. I was lucky I guess that of the two people who have been trying really hard at my work one had her baby in April (IVF) and the other is due 3 weeks afte me. Whew! I think that's sad, though, I have a friend who's trying to adopt and she sends me baby websites and another who finally decided not to have kids and she's helping with my shower. I know it's hard for them and I so appreciate that they're happy for me. It seems like everyone I know is having trouble conceiving, so I feel really, really blessed that this was so easy for us.
#33 of 33 Old 07-18-2007, 09:34 PM

Well, as someone who went through years of infertility and more tests, treatments, etc. than I care to remember, I do know it is hard to be around pg women when you feel like it may never happen for you.

That said, it is too bad she has such a negative attitude about it - all that anger and fear and hatred certainly can't be helping her cause, let alone her personal mental or physical health. I must say, I don't think I ever felt that women who conceived easily weren't entitled to their babies, and if there was a pg woman in the workplace who wanted to discuss it, and I didn't/couldn't take it right then, I would just make myself scarce, rather than ruining her enjoyment of her pregnancy. I am sorry that she is robbing you of some of the joy you are experiencing right now, especially with your first baby.

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page