Depression? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 07-24-2007, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else experiencing deperession these days? I'm just feeling so down and lonely and i'm wondering if it's just because I'm hormonal or missing my fiance or both.
#2 of 14 Old 07-24-2007, 11:46 AM

I'm sorry you're feeling down.

I am too. Hormones, being alone a lot, the toddler being a handful and me not dealing with it well... I was really low yesterday.

Getting outside this morning helped though. Hope you can do something to lift your spirits!

Suz, mommy to 2 chess-playing, lightsaber-wielding boys

#3 of 14 Old 07-24-2007, 11:55 AM

Sorry to hear you are feeling depressed. Hormones and missing your fiancee are certainly good reasons for feeling low.

Just in case, you think this might be helpful. I am taking Cod Liver Oil to get the Omega 3 which are being depleted in the third trimester of pregnancy. Low levels of Omega 3s have been linked to depression.
#4 of 14 Old 07-24-2007, 12:07 PM

YES YES YES! I have been dealing with it this whole pregnancy actually. It has been pretty rough. I tried all the natural things and it just wasn't enough. I finally had to go on prescription meds. They helped a lot for a month or so, and I feel worse than ever right now. So sorry you have to deal with this.

It does always help me to know that I can come here and vent/complain/ask for support. You are NOT alone, we are all here. Knowing you have people pulling for you really helps! So, I am sending you happy thoughts and I hope you will do the same for me! We CAN do this!
#5 of 14 Old 07-24-2007, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleines View Post
YES YES YES! I have been dealing with it this whole pregnancy actually. It has been pretty rough. I tried all the natural things and it just wasn't enough. I finally had to go on prescription meds. They helped a lot for a month or so, and I feel worse than ever right now. So sorry you have to deal with this.

It does always help me to know that I can come here and vent/complain/ask for support. You are NOT alone, we are all here. Knowing you have people pulling for you really helps! So, I am sending you happy thoughts and I hope you will do the same for me! We CAN do this!
Thanks a bunch. I feel the same way..i am glad i can come here and vent and have mothers who understand me. I just hope i don't become annoying. :

What dose of Omega 3 would you recommend?
#6 of 14 Old 07-24-2007, 01:09 PM

I have had a really up and down pregnancy this time around as well. On the really bad days it can be soooo hard. I was very hormonal last time but don't remember the depression hitting so hard - it seemed worse at the beginning and then got better but this time it has just been a roller coaster throughout.

Is there a brand of CLO that is safe to take if you have a shellfish allergy? I have seen warnings on some of them and haven't taken it because I have an anaphylactic reaction to shellfish. Or is there another source of omega-3
s that is safe?

Getting outside helps me, too, although it can be exhausting! So does making even a little progress with housework or some task I have been wanting to accomplish, even just loading or unloading the dishwasher some days. I hope you are feeling better soon!!

Mamma to three boys : We love :::
#7 of 14 Old 07-24-2007, 01:16 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling down. I have had moments but I think its more being stressed out than depressed. My husband suffers from clinical depression and I just don't have the time or energy to allow myself to bottom out between watching out for him and chasing our 2 year old. But I do sympathize. Esp. since your fiancee isn't around. That's gotta be difficult. Hang in there and keep posting. Perhaps you'll read something funny that will lift your spirits.
#8 of 14 Old 07-24-2007, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

I got some good news that helped lift my spirits for now:

-I checked uhaul to see how much a 14' truck would be since i am moving on 8/10/07 and the price dropped to $155 total. My original reservation was almost $300, so i cancelled the first and locked in at the new rate
-My fiance had to get a new temp cdl license because his other one expired before his training was over and had to go home to do it, but it got taken care of and will have only 4 or so days left of training to complete...so that means hopefully he will be here before the move like planned.
-I scheduleded my 3d/4d sonogram for 8/11
-My coworkers are throwing me a baby shower (But i'm not supposed to know)
#9 of 14 Old 07-25-2007, 12:45 AM

Me too. It has been especially bad the last few weeks, since Amalie died. I am trying to stay excited about this pg and Ellen's arrival - obviously, she deserves no less - but it is difficult. I am having trouble sleeping, concentrating on work, etc. The usual. And I am sure the hormones don't help.

I am almost caught up on all the work I fell behind on the last month or so, and then I am determined to take some time to do positive things towards getting ready for Ellen, like getting her sampler started, working on my pg journal, etc. Hopefully, that will help.

Lovethyspirit, I am so glad you got some good news today. Hope your spirits stay up for awhile!

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#10 of 14 Old 07-25-2007, 01:04 AM

I have started to feel a bit down lately.

I have just put it down to hormones though I must admit that I have not been crying for no reason like I was when I was pregnant with DS.

Though I still have 3 months to go and anything can still happen
#11 of 14 Old 07-25-2007, 01:12 PM

Quote:
What dose of Omega 3 would you recommend?
Frankly, I have no idea. I am taking one tsp of cod liver oil and hope, this will cover it. However, I know some people probably take more. You may want to ask on the Health forum.
#12 of 14 Old 07-27-2007, 04:48 PM

Here here. I have axiety issues about labor driving some of the depression - so i'm not dealing with cronic depression, just periodic blues and/or anxiety. Talking about it really helps, and i usually do so to no one particular at my blog, though tues. at my midwives, they had another suggestion:

To quote from my blog:

So then i went off to the Midwives:
"Hi, thanks for both meeting me today. i am ready just to be knocked unconscious and wake up with doug holding the kid. i am very anxious about labor and this very painful scar that is many magnitudes worse than what i had with kid 2"

"Are you anxious about this all the time?"

"Yes." (break down in tears)

"Here, go see this guy. he can give you medication."

[in a nutshell.]

There was about 20 more minutes of conversation sprinkled into the above - they heard my concerns and addressed them adequately - but ultimately it came down to what i wrote above.

I'm more than willing to go see the guy. I know i have anxiety issues, hence the meeting with both midwives at the same time. I intended to call him to make an apt when i got home, but hunger and kids, vomiting and fatigue ended up taking higher precedence (vomiting largely due to nasal congestion issue - though i'm sure the stress isn't helping).

Also out of the conversation, i'm pretty resolved just to hunker down in my bathroom at home to have the kid - hey, esp. if 'the guy' can give me good things to take to control anxiety and minimize pain! I'm there man! The midwives were not a big fan of the cannabis option mentioned in a pregnant women's herbal book i have in my library for some reason, they preferred (finger quoted) 'more reliable' medications that 'this guy' would be able to safely hook me up with.

---ah, pregnancy. I am really really happy for the 'glowing pregnant women' out there, but frankly, i'm wondering if it is a myth....
#13 of 14 Old 07-27-2007, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

I'm sorry you had to deal with that...therapists never want to really listen to you..they will listen to you and make you think they care...but the moment they think you are close to finished.....there they go with the referral for prescription meds.
#14 of 14 Old 07-27-2007, 05:23 PM

Hey, don't knock the meds. If you really NEED them, they're very useful. I have a script for Lexapro. I have only been on it for 6 weeks in my entire life. I don't need it long term and my therapist & psychiatrist agree.

I think the bigger issue is therapists/doctors/whatever who just don't LISTEN. Unfortunately, they run rampant through the world. : I'm blessed to have a really GREAT therapist that I would absolutely trust with anything in my life. It's unique in that we have a doctor/client relationship in the office but there are instances that we run into each other in social circles and religious events and then it switches to friends. It's really interesting and not at all weird. Friends of ours even see him. Lots of them. (Hmm.. Maybe we're all a little bit nuts. )

My depression comes after I've been anxious. The anxiety contributes to my depression because it wears me out.

Anyway, you're not alone w/ the depression. You probably DO miss your fiance. Anyone would.

Try the fish oils.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page