my skin stings - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-03-2007, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so last night the skin on my upper belly started to sting if i or anyone else touches it. i talked to my mom today and she had the same ting when she was pregnant with me but not with her firs pregnancy. her doctor told her it was her body reacting to hormones mixed with the skin stretching. there is no rash like wit pupps and it doesn't itch but it hurts a lot when it is touched. has anyone heard of this or does anyone else have this?
i am debating if i should call my midwife. so far it really isn't so bad but i can see that it will suck if it gets worse it also isn't constant t is coming and going.

mama to two amazing children son 10/27/07 and daughter 07/07/11

#2 of 9 Old 08-03-2007, 07:07 PM

I don't have a problem with my belly - but my scalp! It itches, but to the point of hurting. I've had dh look at it - no bugs or anything like that! No rash or flaking. Last night I slathered my head in massage oil, just trying to get some relief. Weird, huh?
#3 of 9 Old 08-07-2007, 03:24 AM

I know I'm late on this, but yes that skin thing happens to me. It goes away though, well then it comes back again. It's not always the same spots either, but generally what used to be my waist. I think it has something to do with being stretched so much, personally, as I was fairly small waisted.

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#4 of 9 Old 08-07-2007, 03:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post
I know I'm late on this, but yes that skin thing happens to me. It goes away though, well then it comes back again. It's not always the same spots either, but generally what used to be my waist. I think it has something to do with being stretched so much, personally, as I was fairly small waisted.
my midwife thinks it is related to the stretching also. i get it a lot on my upper right side where my baby puts a ton of pressure often and it definitely gets worse when the baby puts pressure there. my midwife suggested using either cocoa butter or coconut butter but i forget which.. i bought belly butter which has both ingredients in it but i cant tell if it is helping or making it worse or doing nothing at all. the stinging is starting to really get to me though and make me somewhat grumpy.

mama to two amazing children son 10/27/07 and daughter 07/07/11

#5 of 9 Old 08-07-2007, 06:15 AM

My scalp was stinging a few weeks ago, and has done it on and off since. I thought I was crazy or that I had some wierd sinus thing happening. Strange. To be quite honest, I have had more wierd pregnancy symptoms this time and I am really sick of it!! (note that I am awake at 4:07am) WTF?!
#6 of 9 Old 08-07-2007, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleines View Post
To be quite honest, I have had more wierd pregnancy symptoms this time and I am really sick of it!! (note that I am awake at 4:07am) WTF?!

Ditto it's 2:10 here and I just finished a book I started today, took a hot shower, had a glass of milk and 2 chocolate chip cookies and I'm still not tired

I heard cocoa butter is good for the skin. I used body shop's blueberry butter after my shower.
#7 of 9 Old 08-07-2007, 06:35 AM

When I use cocoa butter I want to lick my arms all day. It makes me smell like a chocolate factory, yum!
#8 of 9 Old 08-07-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleines View Post
My scalp was stinging a few weeks ago, and has done it on and off since. I thought I was crazy or that I had some wierd sinus thing happening. Strange.
Maybe our brains are growing bigger and our scalps are stretching?

It is weird!
#9 of 9 Old 08-08-2007, 11:31 AM

So I don't know if it's just that I hit the wall with the skin stretching or if it actually helps, but I bought cocoa butter today and it really seemed to help. FWIW. My belly skin hurt really bad today, I was so uncomfortable and even my clothes on it aggravated me. I hope it was the butter in case it comes back! Also I wanted to mention that from what I remember last time it didn't last long, only a week or two, and then it was gone. With any luck the same will be true for you.

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page