oh my lord, my boobs! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 08-11-2007, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I swear the boob fairy comes in the middle of the night and makes them larger. More than anything this has made me feel like my body isn't really mine anymore but has been transformed into the automated baby-making/feeding machine.

I am *amazed* at how they have changed. Even just in the past two weeks they've had two growth spurts. I've switched to nursing bras exclusively because they are the only ones that seem to keep me comfortable. They hurt like i'm a teenager again. And even better, they've started leaking!

I'm starting to get to the point where the serious preparations have begun to welcome our first little baby into our home and I feel like the boobs are responding. I fill the freezer, my body fills my breasts, and i can rest knowing we'll all eat when she arrives.

I'm starting to feel like the clock is ticking down and despite my insane to-do list, I'm getting really, really excited. Every morning when my boobs do a little growth spurt in the middle of the night and i look at myself in the morning shocked at how my body has changed, I'm reminded that I'll be a *mother* soon. it's a nice little (or not so little) reminder.

Anyone else past the panic and just getting excited?
#2 of 23 Old 08-11-2007, 07:37 PM

I'm getting excited. I have a lot of stuff left to do, and my boobs aren't leaking yet, but yeah, it's getting close and I can feel it. :

knit.gifWife to Ageek.gif since 7-7-2006, Mother to Mnocirc.gif since 11-23-2007ribboncesarean.gif, and N slinggirl.gifborn on 4-9-2010vbac.gif
#3 of 23 Old 08-11-2007, 07:40 PM

Wow.

Honestly, mine were ginormous to begin with. If they got way bigger, I think I would cry. The only thing that seems to have really changed is that they've got crazy rings, now.
#4 of 23 Old 08-11-2007, 09:20 PM

I just look forward to when their hugeness has a PURPOSE. I was fitted for some nursing bras and was a size F. F! Efff that! LOL.

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#5 of 23 Old 08-12-2007, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumaDoula View Post
I just look forward to when their hugeness has a PURPOSE. I was fitted for some nursing bras and was a size F. F! Efff that! LOL.
I have no sympathy. Before I got pregnant I was a FF. :-P

knit.gifWife to Ageek.gif since 7-7-2006, Mother to Mnocirc.gif since 11-23-2007ribboncesarean.gif, and N slinggirl.gifborn on 4-9-2010vbac.gif
#6 of 23 Old 08-12-2007, 04:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Our bodies are pretty awesome, aren't they? I had a lot more changes with my first than this time with my 3rd, but I clearly remember knowing my size was changing when I'd hit myself while brushing my hair - Ouch!! I was thinking, "hey, those didn't used to be there!"

But even as a 3rd-timer, I'm thrilled to know that the colostrum is in and it just won't be that long until baby is here to enjoy it.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#7 of 23 Old 08-12-2007, 10:38 AM

Haven't had much change here. I'm still, like, a negative size. But I have been feeling the need to get pump supplies ready for when I go back to work. Not the most fun shopping, but I'll be happy the first few months when I can just pop that baby on the boob.

Suz, mommy to 2 chess-playing, lightsaber-wielding boys

#8 of 23 Old 08-12-2007, 12:16 PM

me too... getting very excited and very well endowed!! All of my nursing bras from the previous two are worn out and I can read the size anymore. I've been nursing or pregnant for the 8 years, you'd think I would be accustomed to the changes in my body!! It does seem like I've also had a few spurts of growth in the past couple of weeks or so. I HAVE to go buy new nursing bras soon!!

jen

jen mommy to dd1 (11y), dd2 (6y) and ds (3y)
#9 of 23 Old 08-12-2007, 04:58 PM

Mine arent growing! They grew a little at first, and my nipple size is Out Of Control, but the actual boobs, not so much. I'm worried this means I won't be able to breastfeed. I hope not. I would be severely disappointed.

Does lack of growing boobs affect one's ability to breastfeed at all? Please tell me "no".
#10 of 23 Old 08-12-2007, 05:31 PM

My boobs got huge with my first pregnancy and they're even bigger this time! I just went to motherhood to be measured and it was an F! Holy cow, she said they don't carry higher than a D in the store. That struck me as ridiculous! I'm sure tons of mamas have larger than D breasts?!
#11 of 23 Old 08-12-2007, 06:42 PM

MIL thinks mine have grown - I haven't noticed - they've been huge ever since dd. I sold my little C cup bras in a yard sale the other day - I don't think I'll every be using them again! They were so cute. Last time I checked I was DDD (which is the same as E I think).
#12 of 23 Old 08-12-2007, 07:05 PM

Someone mentioned leaking which leads me to wonder. I am a FTM and did not think that my breasts would leak at all. I thought that since I have never had a baby then I would get my milk after the baby is born. Has anyone else ever leaked as a FTM.

Jaime, SAHM to Autumn Jane 10/07 and Alexander 12/10

#13 of 23 Old 08-12-2007, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivianstcloud View Post
Mine arent growing! They grew a little at first, and my nipple size is Out Of Control, but the actual boobs, not so much. I'm worried this means I won't be able to breastfeed. I hope not. I would be severely disappointed.

Does lack of growing boobs affect one's ability to breastfeed at all? Please tell me "no".
NO
women with very small breasts that stay small are still able to breast feed so size should not effect your ability at all

mine grew some in the beginning and have not grown any recently but they are leaking now which is irritating. i noticed they leak more when i hear crying babies to. not sure what that means but it seems kinda early for them to be doing that.

mama to two amazing children son 10/27/07 and daughter 07/07/11

#14 of 23 Old 08-12-2007, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildecat View Post
Someone mentioned leaking which leads me to wonder. I am a FTM and did not think that my breasts would leak at all. I thought that since I have never had a baby then I would get my milk after the baby is born. Has anyone else ever leaked as a FTM.
I could get a drop or two of colostrum the last few months of my first pregnancy, but I wouldn't say I leaked since I had to squeeze for it to come out. Hey, I was curious, what can I say? This time around I still don't "leak" but I can get a lot more with a squeeze. Hey, I'm still curious, what can I say?
#15 of 23 Old 08-12-2007, 10:07 PM

I had to go buy breast pads today. TP and Keenex wasn't holding up to the leakage today.
#16 of 23 Old 08-12-2007, 10:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Size definitely does NOT equate to breastfeeding success - no worries!

With my first, I didn't realize colostrum had come in until I saw a drop that had "leaked." I think some of those reactions may actually decrease with subsequent pregnancies. For instance, I didn't have a much engorgement nor did I leak milk as much with my second as I did my third, yet there was clearly plenty and we nursed for 2.5yrs+. But I probably still have boxes of unopened nursing pads around!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#17 of 23 Old 08-12-2007, 11:05 PM

I miss being pregnant. I loved it!
#18 of 23 Old 08-13-2007, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonfroggy View Post
NO
women with very small breasts that stay small are still able to breast feed so size should not effect your ability at all

mine grew some in the beginning and have not grown any recently but they are leaking now which is irritating. i noticed they leak more when i hear crying babies to. not sure what that means but it seems kinda early for them to be doing that.

Yay! FTR, I wear a C cup, but am worried they just havent grown any when it seems like other mamas are growing.
#19 of 23 Old 08-13-2007, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivianstcloud View Post

NO! They might grow a bit still, and even if they don't you'll be able to nurse.

I am an A(lucky me...) normally and my breasts only get a little bigger during pregnancy. I am still barely fitting in most of my old bras. But when my milk comes in I go up to a fairly full B, for the first 6 mo or so. It's a very time exciting time for me...

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#20 of 23 Old 08-13-2007, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
Size definitely does NOT equate to breastfeeding success - no worries!

With my first, I didn't realize colostrum had come in until I saw a drop that had "leaked." I think some of those reactions may actually decrease with subsequent pregnancies. For instance, I didn't have a much engorgement nor did I leak milk as much with my second as I did my third, yet there was clearly plenty and we nursed for 2.5yrs+. But I probably still have boxes of unopened nursing pads around!
That gives me hope. Last time I leaked everywhere. All I could smell was milk for months. Dh wasn't around for that last time, I just know he'd start mooing everytime he walks in the door.(he thinks he's really funny...) I had to sleep without a shirt with towels on my breasts to absorb everything.

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#21 of 23 Old 08-13-2007, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post
But when my milk comes in I go up to a fairly full B, for the first 6 mo or so. It's a very time exciting time for me...
#22 of 23 Old 08-14-2007, 06:27 PM

Mine are out of control - I don't even know if I should be bothering with nursing bras yet, since they are still growing! I keep cramming them into my 36 DDs (started out a 32 DD). Not leaking, though, thank goodness!!! I am seriously worried about what to do with them!!! Oh, and my cute, pink, areolas are now referred to by my dh as "purple" and have at least doubled in size. It's so strange to have my boobs look so different!
#23 of 23 Old 08-15-2007, 12:07 PM

Ugh, I'm so uncomfortable with mine and I am not really even THAT big, and don't hurt or leak. I just much prefer them to be smaller and am hoping that I get the shrinkage I did while nursing DS (after a few months I went down below pre-preg size and that was fine by me.) I'm holding off on buying nursing bras until after the baby is here -- my old ones say 40F! And when they were too big I was too lazy to buy more (actually I just went back to regular bras when DS was 12 mos)

Right now I'm barely in a D, but bought 38 when I think I should have bought 36, I am so tired of bras that don't fit right!

BTW for those worrying, I don't leak, didn't while pg with DS either, didn't leak too long after he was born (or feel letdown pretty much ever), and had lots of milk (9 lb 3 oz baby that doubled his weight by 4 mos...)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page