Your best baby finds - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-14-2007, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What have you scored lately? Good price? Is it EXACTLY what you were looking for regardless of price? Tell what's making you giddy lately.

I just scored an Avent Isis on Craigslist for $10!!!! Oh, and some other stuff comes with it, too. But I got an Isis for $10.!!!!

Other finds: Bouncey seat I wanted for $20. at a thrift store. Cheaper than the cost of it new!

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2007, 02:10 AM

Oh, I found the sweetest Ralph Lauren velour dress at a resale store for $6.50!!

And I found the moses basket I wanted on Amazon for $32 with free shipping - $20 less than on ebay!

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
Old 08-14-2007, 02:21 AM

Freecycle is my latest obsession. There is so much cool baby stuff offered all the time. I don't need most of it since this baby is #2 for me, but I have my eye out for anything interesting. The item I recently scored from freecycle was two packages of incontinence pads. Not technically a baby item, but I did use these last time I was post-partum (I was bleeding quite heavily for a long time due to a hemorrage) and plan to use them again. Another great item I got a few weeks ago from a thrift store - a wool blanket for $5. I have cut it into three pieces (a half piece and two quarters). The larger piece fits on my dd's toddler bed and the two smaller pieces I will be using to waterproof surfaces for the baby to have some naked time.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:37 AM

i have gotten baby clothes for a dollar an item and the dollar goes to a local charity. some of the stuff i bought was rand new with tags a whole outfit with a hat shirt and pants for 1 dollar. most is used but in good condition some is hand made and some organic cotton. i check that shop every time i walk past it to see what they have and so far i have purchased about 10 items in many sizes. i am pretty happy with my purchases

mama to two amazing children son 10/27/07 and daughter 07/07/11

Old 08-14-2007, 03:47 AM

wow, i'm going to have to go to amazon to look at that moses basket...been watching craigslist (kinda) for one but i don't think i'm paying enough attention so i miss all the good things...
Old 08-14-2007, 03:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
Oh, I found the sweetest Ralph Lauren velour dress at a resale store for $6.50!!

And I found the moses basket I wanted on Amazon for $32 with free shipping - $20 less than on ebay!
Ooh, which one is that? Links, please! I have been considering a Moses Basket but haven't gotten one.

My best finds so far would probably include half-price Hanna zippers a few months ago. And I found some great deals on diapers - ones that were something like half off, for kinds I actually *wanted!* Those will arrive in a few days and I can't wait!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:58 AM

Ooo, nice one. I got one of those Hanna zippers too. It's dangerous buying clothes for the new baby, because the two-year-old insists on wearing them.

This morning my Kindhearted Women set arrived, with a darling kimono top and pants, and matching small fitted diaper. It's lovely! I hope the kimono top survives DD wearing it today. I hope she doesn't trade it with the neighbor girl, like she did the little embroidered T-shirt that matches the embroidered FCB Size 0 AIO.

But here's my favorite find recently. I've been looking for this since DD was little, because we have one and it's the most useful baby item ever:
http://www.diaperware.com/productpag...s.htm#mattress
Now I can get more, in different colors!
Old 08-14-2007, 12:05 PM

Here is the Moses basket that I got:

http://www.amazon.com/Honey-Hooded-M...7099525&sr=8-1

I saw this one at Target and on Ebay for about $45, so I was psyched!

There are about three pages of them at Amazon though, in different prices (most more expensive than this), if you just do a search for "Moses Basket" from their home page.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I got a darling little red hooded Hanna Andersson romper at a rummage sale for $5! I can't wait to wrap baby up in that one!

I'm off to check out Freecycle now!!

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
Old 08-14-2007, 01:00 PM

We went to a Carter's outlet in June and they were having a huge sale. They had several $5.99 racks. 5 onsies for $5.99, 2 pair of long knit pants, 2 long sleeved onsies, a sleeper, hat and bib for $5.99. Good stuff! My mom bought me a ton that day!

We went back last week and the sale was over! I would've bought a lot more 3-6 month clothes especially if I'd known the sale wasn't going to last long!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
Old 08-14-2007, 01:51 PM

Oooh! I love this thread. I went to tag sales (that's garage sales) on Saturday with my mom, and we spent $60 total. I got:
  • a stroller
  • a battery-operated swing
  • a clamp-on-the-table high chair
  • a four-drawer solid-wood dresser
  • a shower chair for me (I've been getting dizzy in the shower so this will help me stay safe, plus it's way easier to shave my legs when I'm sitting down)
  • and a shower caddy

I was REALLY proud of our haul. Around Labor day weekend I want to go again.

knit.gifWife to Ageek.gif since 7-7-2006, Mother to Mnocirc.gif since 11-23-2007ribboncesarean.gif, and N slinggirl.gifborn on 4-9-2010vbac.gif
Old 08-14-2007, 01:57 PM

Someone posted on craigslist that they have a graco high chair on clearance at Target right now for $20. I think it's the "Calista" model. I'm going to try and get over there this week to look at it!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
Old 08-14-2007, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
We went to a Carter's outlet in June and they were having a huge sale. They had several $5.99 racks. 5 onsies for $5.99, 2 pair of long knit pants, 2 long sleeved onsies, a sleeper, hat and bib for $5.99. Good stuff! My mom bought me a ton that day!

We went back last week and the sale was over! I would've bought a lot more 3-6 month clothes especially if I'd known the sale wasn't going to last long!
You may want to check the outlet centers website. I signed up for their emails and they let you know when killer sales are going on. Or go after thanksgiving. They have huge sales around then and last year I bought dd most of her fall clothing that she is just getting into now for $2.00 or less for shirts and pants.
The best deal I've gotten was a Moby wrap for $20 including shipping on the trading post. I also got a bunch of wool soakers for cheap over there!

:,,:, to my three veggie ladies 12/09/05, : 10/03/07 & 07/10/09 hanging on for dear life to :
Old 08-14-2007, 03:51 PM

I got a My Brest Friend nursing pillow for $8 at a consignment shop. It looks like it was never used. I also found some cute Carters sleepers there for $3 and $4 and they are in excellent condition. I got some diapers covers off the trading post for a good price, too. Bargain shopping has become my new latest obsession!

Noelia- mama to 4
Old 08-14-2007, 04:22 PM

DH can't deal with used things, unless they're from family. My best friend is sending us some stuff, and he seems ok with that. So, for anything used that I bring into the house, I'm going to say that she sent it...(haven't done this yet, but I'm willing to do it if necessary...)

My big find was a Britax Roundabout for $160 at Target (on clearance). If this isn't the best deal out there, I don't want to hear about it. (:smilie with hands over ears

We have bought very few other things:

glass bottles
changing pad and cover
about 5 onsies (have about 24 from my friend)
a blanket and hat

I'm in a diaper co-op, so that will be our next big deal.

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:49 PM

When I was in my first trimester I was at Target with a friend looking through baby items (she has a toddler) and we found a bouncy seat that vibrates (to use for feedings and when I need a break), brand new in box on clearance for $5.98!!! I bought it, took it home and never found anything wrong. Maybe someone didn't want it because the corner of the box was bent? They normally run about $29! SCORE!!!
Old 08-14-2007, 05:22 PM

I just got a ton of really cute baby clothes from the thrift store. They were having a super back to school sale where all kids stuff was $.75. I ended up spending about $15 on lots of adorable clothes.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
Here is the Moses basket that I got:

http://www.amazon.com/Honey-Hooded-M...7099525&sr=8-1

I saw this one at Target and on Ebay for about $45, so I was psyched!

There are about three pages of them at Amazon though, in different prices (most more expensive than this), if you just do a search for "Moses Basket" from their home page.
I love this Moses basket. I'm hoping to get it from the IL's. We'll see
Old 08-14-2007, 06:43 PM

Our best deal was also our biggest splurge (okay, except my nursing chair). We got a Bugaboo Chameleon in like-new condition from Craigslist for half of what we would have paid new and $150 less (and in better condition) than the one we almost bought a week before. I LOVE it!!!

We also found a thrift store that doesn't have that thrift store smell (most of them around us have a very distinct smell that takes several washes to come all the way out) with baby stuff $1 and under. We bought tons of stuff and will go back for another load soon!

Now if I could only find a non-vinyl oval bassinet pad....
Old 08-14-2007, 07:08 PM

At wal-mart I found realy HUGE flannel recieving blankets - good size for swaddling - George brand.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:10 PM

i got a brand new jj cole carseat bunting (the suede and sherpa type) for $12at the resale shop. sweet!

and i got the most beautiful knit pumpkin hat from aylaanne~ the sweetest brand new item i've gotten!! i'm trying to get my digital camera to work so ya'll can see it! all the october ddc-er's are gonna want one!!
Old 08-15-2007, 02:23 AM

my best buy by far was a popazon bouncy chair for 2 dollars at the thrift store. Ph and a moby wrap that I don't think has ever been used for 20
Old 08-15-2007, 02:54 AM - Thread Starter

I keep watching for a Moby Wrap or a Maya Wrap. I have my own Maya and borrowed a friend's (mine has the skinny rings, hers has the thicker, heavier ones) but I'd really like a new one. :

My sil is trying to convince me to make a Moby-style wrap. I haven't decided to have the $$ to buy the fabric for it yet.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

Old 08-15-2007, 03:19 AM

Check out the "baby clothes" section here: https://www.naturalfamilyboutique.com/ There are a couple of Mobys for $17.50! ETA: Under Baby Carriers, too.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
Check out the "baby clothes" section here: https://www.naturalfamilyboutique.com/ There are a couple of Mobys for $17.50! ETA: Under Baby Carriers, too.
I was getting ready to post about the sale going on! (Because I already got the stuff I wanted with my gift certificate, hee hee. Gotta make sure I get my stuff first, sorry ladies! I got burned sharing information about a diaper sale, all of them were gone when I went to buy mine.)

This is what we bought:
Diva cup - $17.50
Scalari - $5.50
triola - $6.25
under the nile one size short sleeved convertible shereen orange - $6
Angel Brush pink - $2.50

I came out less than like 50 cents away from my gift certificate total (under, not over, dh would have been so frustrated to see a cc charge for 50 cents, lol.)
Old 08-15-2007, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstkid4me View Post
I was getting ready to post about the sale going on! (Because I already got the stuff I wanted with my gift certificate, hee hee. Gotta make sure I get my stuff first, sorry ladies! I got burned sharing information about a diaper sale, all of them were gone when I went to buy mine.)

This is what we bought:
Diva cup - $17.50
Scalari - $5.50
triola - $6.25
under the nile one size short sleeved convertible shereen orange - $6
Angel Brush pink - $2.50

I came out less than like 50 cents away from my gift certificate total (under, not over, dh would have been so frustrated to see a cc charge for 50 cents, lol.)
I'm working feverishly on my own order! Hoping that things in the cart are "mine" but hard to know!

Old 08-15-2007, 03:32 AM

Quote:
I'm working feverishly on my own order! Hoping that things in the cart are "mine" but hard to know!
I can't even find the one sized short sleeve convertible online anymore, I searched for it, it came up, but the page is gone. I'm hoping they're not going to tell me I can't order it (it was already on clearance before the going out of business sale, I'm getting it for cost at $6) and I'll be stuck ordering $6 worth of lip balm or something : It looked so cute and cozy!

I'm excited to be getting the diva cup for so cheap! I sold my scalari shortly after signing up with NFB (back in October of last year) and as boring as it looks, it can be played with for hours! We sold it in Green Bay, but on a 4 hour drive to Green Bay, Emily played with it for 2 hours! I hope the new baby likes it, and the Triola.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:36 AM

Dh specifically said no carriers He's ok with me using my paypal money (that I get from selling stuff or doing surveys with Pinecone Research) on carriers (new or used) from here or TBW, but the last few times we've had guests over, the conversation of babywearing has come up, and you should have seen the guests faces when I pulled out a trash bag full of carriers, lol. They're all different though! (Whether it be fabrics, sizes, types, etc, they're all different!)
Old 08-15-2007, 03:37 AM

Oh, here's the short sleeved convertible!

https://naturalfamilyboutique.com/Sh...-3-C-large.jpg
Old 08-15-2007, 04:14 AM

Is it me, or did the site just go down? I was working on my order still... Weeded out some pricey stuff and down to the last bits.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Is it me, or did the site just go down? I was working on my order still... Weeded out some pricey stuff and down to the last bits.
It's still working for me. I'm an affiliate with them, if you want, you can give me a call and I'll place the order for you.

User Tag List