"Thank you" thread! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 64 Old 08-19-2007, 01:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just wanted to start a "thank you" thread for the e-shower that Banana organized! I know some of us have already received gifts and others will be received soon! (I do hope this can stay in the DDC so all the mamas can see it!)

I received a great gift from echospiritwarrior! I got a recipe and ingredients for her wipes solution, as well as wipes! I can't wait to try it! THANK YOU, Vera!!

I had hoped to have my recipient's gift out this weekend, but one of the items didn't show up in my order. So I will hopefully get it out this week.

Anyone else got thanks to share yet?

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#2 of 64 Old 08-19-2007, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good idea! I am still waiting on my "persons" things to come, I sure hope they get here soon so I can mail them off to her!
#3 of 64 Old 08-19-2007, 04:54 PM

oh this will be good. I sent mine off and I'm hoping it made it to her. I was excited to be able to do this.
#4 of 64 Old 08-19-2007, 05:16 PM

You are so VERY welcome Heather!!!!

I'm so very happy you like it! :

I know it was just the silliest thing actually sending a bottle of vinegar (cost more to ship than to purchase) but I really wanted everything to be there READY TO USE! (plus it's a handy small bottle to refill from your household gallon jug).

Can't wait until this thread fills up with lots of thanks!

I can't wait until I have a lovely surprise in my mailbox!

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#5 of 64 Old 08-19-2007, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by echospiritwarrior View Post

I know it was just the silliest thing actually sending a bottle of vinegar (cost more to ship than to purchase) but I really wanted everything to be there READY TO USE! (plus it's a handy small bottle to refill from your household gallon jug).

I thought that was SO cool!! I love the little bottles all ready to go! And I tend to keep a HUGE bottle of vinegar around, so it's perfect to have a little one just for that! Thanks again, mama!!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#6 of 64 Old 08-19-2007, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echospiritwarrior View Post

I know that this is not actually a thank you. I sent my package off already. I was wondering if you could share your recipe for baby wipes. I would love to have it. : Also, what do you use as wipes? :

Mama to 9 year-old girl , and a 7 year-old boy :, and my big little 6 year-old boy, and a 4 year-old boy
#7 of 64 Old 08-19-2007, 08:31 PM

My favorite to use as wipes are the cheapo (thin) baby washcloths (they're around $3 for a six pack) and a couple dozen usually does the trick. I have cut up old cotton shirts and the like but they curl up and get lost in the wash... I'm no good with a sewing machine so I settled with the .50 per wipe cost of the washclothes- I like the size.

I reuse a disposable wipes container (the small ones), but you can also buy a wipes warming container if you like or use any old lidded tupperware type thing will work.

The recipe is simple...

A few drops of baby mild Dr. Bronner's magic soap
about a tablespoon of vinegar (keeps the mixture from going sour)
and about a teaspoon of Burt's Bees apricot oil (any baby oil will do but I like this one best).
Then I just fill the container 2/3ish full of water and add the washcloths.

VOILA!

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#8 of 64 Old 08-20-2007, 05:29 AM - Thread Starter

Bump for any packages arriving Monday!

#9 of 64 Old 08-20-2007, 09:21 AM

I cant wait to see pics!!
#10 of 64 Old 08-22-2007, 09:41 PM

heres my bump-

QuestionGal- got my package today, and we love the toys.... the frog is cute, but im in love with the monkey rattle...

now to make the dogs understand its not for them, lol....

thanks so much

*~*Ashley*~* newly single mama to Tristan 10/01/2007
#11 of 64 Old 08-23-2007, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

#12 of 64 Old 08-23-2007, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyhaugh View Post
heres my bump-

QuestionGal- got my package today, and we love the toys.... the frog is cute, but im in love with the monkey rattle...

now to make the dogs understand its not for them, lol....

thanks so much
YEAH so glad you got them!!! Ahh, yes we're going through the convincing the dogs thing too... so fun!

wife to DH, Mama to DS "Bug" (09/07), and DD "Sprout" (01/11). 
#13 of 64 Old 08-24-2007, 12:29 PM

Well, I got the sweetest little outfit in the mail yesterday for Ellen from Jodie (JazzPurr88). It is a beautiful pale yellow and she embroidered Ellen's name on the shirt, and little flowers on the booties and cap. I got all choked up looking at Ellen's name on it - our first personalized item for her! I can't wait to see her in it now! I will take pics of the outfit to post - and of course pics of Ellen in the outfit later...

Thank you Jodie! I don't know how you managed that while on bedrest! You are amazing!

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#14 of 64 Old 08-24-2007, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
Well, I got the sweetest little outfit in the mail yesterday for Ellen from Jodie (JazzPurr88). It is a beautiful pale yellow and she embroidered Ellen's name on the shirt, and little flowers on the booties and cap. I got all choked up looking at Ellen's name on it - our first personalized item for her! I can't wait to see her in it now! I will take pics of the outfit to post - and of course pics of Ellen in the outfit later...

Thank you Jodie! I don't know how you managed that while on bedrest! You are amazing!
Glad you like it. I hope it is not too much yellow. I asked my mom to shop for me and thats what she picked out. Hey laying around all day, sewing was a fun distraction.
#15 of 64 Old 08-24-2007, 01:45 PM

My present from Michelle came yesterday!
It is a lovely homemade changing pad that folds up and fastens, and it has several pockets for holding diaper-changing stuff. This will make a fabulous emergency pack for the car, for times like yesterday when we forget the diaper bag. Thanks Michelle! I like it!
#16 of 64 Old 08-24-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzpurr88 View Post
Glad you like it. I hope it is not too much yellow. I asked my mom to shop for me and thats what she picked out. Hey laying around all day, sewing was a fun distraction.
No, I love yellow! It is when it gets to be an all pink thing that it starts to get to me! And I love the snap front shirt - they are so easy to put on and so cute!

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#17 of 64 Old 08-24-2007, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessitron View Post
My present from Michelle came yesterday!
It is a lovely homemade changing pad that folds up and fastens, and it has several pockets for holding diaper-changing stuff. This will make a fabulous emergency pack for the car, for times like yesterday when we forget the diaper bag. Thanks Michelle! I like it!
Oh so glad! I ended up getting an identical one for us!!!
Hope it comes in handy ;-)
#18 of 64 Old 08-25-2007, 08:44 PM

My thing went out a week ago. Hopefully it was ok. Just glad I have it done and out so I don't have to worry about finishing anymore. I've been getting more and more stressed about unfinished things lately...I think its a result of the baby coming and her stuff being so up in the air.
#19 of 64 Old 08-25-2007, 10:19 PM

I want to add my belated Thank You to marlygf for the little baby bracelet. It's very cute and I appreciate it.

vivianstcloud
#20 of 64 Old 08-26-2007, 05:04 PM

vivianstcloud, I'm so glad it made it to you. I figured it wasn't going very far, but I was worried it hadn't made it I'm glad you like them.
#21 of 64 Old 08-28-2007, 08:48 PM

Thank you jedpalau!!

I love the wet bag (I was secretly hoping for one and the pattern is perfect! I'm sure I will get lots of use out of it!

Thank you, thank you!
#22 of 64 Old 08-29-2007, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamablair View Post
Thank you jedpalau!!

I love the wet bag (I was secretly hoping for one and the pattern is perfect! I'm sure I will get lots of use out of it!

Thank you, thank you!
Mamablair - I just posted to the yahoo group, but I wanted to post here as well and say I'm sooooo glad you like it!
#23 of 64 Old 08-30-2007, 10:25 PM

Thank you HeatherB!

I woke up from my nap and saw a package that dh had brought inside and started "squee!"-ing. I loooooooooooove the wipes and solution and baby shampoo. Thank you for including the card where you got the wipes, so in case I become addicted (in case? LOL) I can get more.

Here's a pic of all the stuff. My kids LOVE the wipes, they are so colorful and soft. My 2yo dd immediately started wiping "her" baby.

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#24 of 64 Old 08-30-2007, 10:37 PM

I LOVE that burt's bees wash she got you! That stuff is excellent!
#25 of 64 Old 08-30-2007, 10:43 PM

Tonimk19,

You are the best!! I absolutely love the yellow and blue wipes with the adorable prints. They are not something I would have ever thought to pick out for the new baby, and I adore them! It is so exciting to have brand-new, precious cloth diapering equipment for baby. You have awesome taste.

Again, thank-you, thank-you!

Lara
#26 of 64 Old 08-31-2007, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumaDoula View Post
Thank you HeatherB!

I woke up from my nap and saw a package that dh had brought inside and started "squee!"-ing. I loooooooooooove the wipes and solution and baby shampoo. Thank you for including the card where you got the wipes, so in case I become addicted (in case? LOL) I can get more.

Here's a pic of all the stuff. My kids LOVE the wipes, they are so colorful and soft. My 2yo dd immediately started wiping "her" baby.
Yay, so glad it got there safely! I haven't tried that baby wash yet, but some friends and I all decided to try it, so I hope it's good! I bought a rainbow of wipes for us, too! I have always adored GMAR stuff, but never got any. So glad you like it!

#27 of 64 Old 08-31-2007, 09:55 AM

I finally got my stuff to send to my mama today! I am so excited, I reallly hope she likes it!
#28 of 64 Old 08-31-2007, 04:06 PM

I sent my package out today- sorry to my mama that I waited until the last minute!
#29 of 64 Old 08-31-2007, 07:41 PM

Thank You so much vivianstcloud! I woke up from my nap to two packages in the mail, which totally made my day. The babylegs are the cutest and I cannot wait to have some little legs to cover with them! Thanks Again!
#30 of 64 Old 09-01-2007, 01:52 PM

mittendrin -
THANK YOU!!!!!!! I just received your gift andit is wonderful! I got a beautiful flannel fitted dipe with a set of matchig wipes!!! There's something soooo exciting about new fluff (even when CDing your 3rd)!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page