Food you cannot wait to eat again?!?! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-30-2007, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicdoula View Post
I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one- all I've consistently craved this pregnancy is a nice cold micro-brew! We have some good ones around here and a restaurant that's also a brewery so there's LOTS to choose from. I know technically I can have a beer if I want but I want to be able to enjoy it without the guilt. And I can justify it after the baby comes, it's good for my milk supply! :
Only the non-alcoholic ones
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2007, 04:50 PM

chicken and eggs. two things I normally enjoy that I just can't stand during pregnancy! I have never eaten so much beef and fish in my life... lol. of course that's still better than my last pregnancy where I didn't want beef, fish OR chicken and all I ate was macaroni. lol.

right now it's not that I can't wait to eat it again, I just can't wait to want to eat it again!

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

Old 08-30-2007, 05:04 PM

Wine, beer, mojito sounds yummy! I just want a drink!!! I have had a sip here and there but get evil looks from hubby. Just makes me want a glass of wine even more!!!!

I'm not sure abot the whole soft cheese thing...In North America, doesn't cheese HAVE to be pasturized? Doesn't that kill listeria AND Are the French and other europeans really not eating cheese while pregnant? I haven't heard of outrageously high incidences of Listeria infected pregnant women from other countries...Hmm just thinking out loud....:
Old 08-30-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyfaery View Post
In North America, doesn't cheese HAVE to be pasturized?
No, but most of it is...
Old 08-30-2007, 05:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hetaera View Post
Considering I already know I have blood sugar issues (but they are never a problem for me til late pregnancy, meaning very recently) I am keeping to a strict diet now. I crave sweets like no ones business and I am a carb a holic so its really rough for me.
I just want a big bowl of spaghetti and some garlic bread!
Or a couple of slices of pizza from papa johns.

I've been wanting these brownies I make (really thick and fudgey and I add chocolate chips to make them even more sinful), but I promised myself I wouldnt make any til I am in labor (one of my 'chores' to distract myself during early labor)....

Honestly, I cant eat as much as I used to eat (by about half) and I stay full much longer it seems too so Im not missing much because everything is so filling.

Yeah though, the brownies, pizza, spaghetti and g. bread .... OHH! and those donuts with chocolate icing on top and the white cream in the middle.
SO unhealthy. Thats why I am staying away for now. *sigh*
Glad I'm not the only one!! I am definitely a carbaholic. My MW actually said "no starches" a few weeks ago, and OH MY GOODNESS - that's been killing me! I've actually loosened up on that a bit - so if I'm eating any carbs, it better have lots of protein and veggies, too. And I'm in general being much more conscious about it than normal. But, boy, in the first few days when I was getting hungry, EVERYTHING I wanted was carb! Not necessarily sweets, just starch... Mmm... I got really sick and tired of meat and veggies very quickly!!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 08-30-2007, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

This was a good post? It really got the mamas going, huh? I feel kinda silly for my little "soft-boiled eggs with bread" craving when alot of you ladies are goin' for the hard core alcohol!! Good for you!!
In all honesty, though, I was never a big drinker and haven't had a drink since I was pg with dd, since I've been nursing her ever since. So, I guess I'm the only one who hasn't had any alcohol in over 3 years?!?! Wow, that seems like a long time when I type it out? LOL!!

Danielle, bf'ing, cd'ing, bw'ing, ap'ing, SAHM to DD Avery (12-1-04) blahblah.gif DS Linus (10-31-07)bouncy.gif and DD Nilah (9-17-11) babygirl.gif

always and forever remembering angel1.gif (6-9-10)

Old 08-30-2007, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottaknit View Post
I haven't given up any foods while pregnant. I guess I'm reckless of selfish or something. Blue cheese is practically a staple at our dinner table. I even drink wine on occasion, but only one glass.

What I really want is a NICE BIG BEER! Not crappy bottled beer either, a high-alcohol-content meal-in-a-pint glass MICROBREW! It sucks living in the land of good beer and not being able to indulge.
I haven't given up any foods either.

Land of beer? You're obviously not in the US. My german stomach is having a hard time with the american bottled chemical crap!
Old 08-30-2007, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittendrin View Post
I haven't given up any foods either.

Land of beer? You're obviously not in the US. My german stomach is having a hard time with the american bottled chemical crap!
Well, I'm in the Pacific NW, and we have TONS of good microbrew here. It seems every little town has its own brewery; Portland and Seattle are both bursting at the seams with breweries.

My DH is from the midwest and only likes the "american bottled chemical crap" for some bizarre reason. I refer to it as donkey piss. :

The next town over is very German and their Oktoberfest is coming up soon.... all my friends are going and it's going to kill me to skip it!
Old 08-30-2007, 07:57 PM

A nightly glass of wine, I used to enjoy one every night. Also, sushi. I love sushi and lox and all that raw fish stuff. MMM.

Not food related, but I want to go shoot again. I haven't been able to carry my pistol since I was about 8 weeks, and I haven't been shooting in over a year. Before I got pg, I was waiting for warmer weather (I didn't have an indoor range before, now I do) but afterwards, I was worried about the sound. I can't put hearing protection on the baby, yanno? So I'm looking forward to giving the baby to someone and shooting a few boxes of ammo after the birth.

knit.gifWife to Ageek.gif since 7-7-2006, Mother to Mnocirc.gif since 11-23-2007ribboncesarean.gif, and N slinggirl.gifborn on 4-9-2010vbac.gif
Old 08-30-2007, 08:01 PM

When I was pregnant, I gave up both coffee and shrimp, oh yeah, and sushi...it was so hard!!

Mama to DD 4/07 and DS 1/11.  Missing my Zejah Grace (Born sleeping at 39 weeks 6 days) 2/3/10
Old 09-01-2007, 02:56 PM

Sashimi. Lots and lots and LOTS of slabs of raw fish. I've had small doses in sushi rolls, but I adore sashimi.

Mojitos, but I don't forsee any of those even afterwards unless this baby will actually take EBM every once in a while. My daughter wouldn't take breastmilk anyway but straight from the 'tap', so I wasn't able to indulge for a couple of years afterwards. *laugh*

We're going to try to get this baby started on both breast and EBM, though, as I won't have the time flexibility to be able to nurse on-demand quite as often as I did when DD was little. So there's the possibility that I might be able to have some mojitos a bit earlier than with DD. hehehe
Old 09-01-2007, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I haven't really given anything up... I already didn't drink alcohol or caffeinated drinks, so that was no problem. I wish I could afford to eat those nice soft cheeses more often but I usually just stick to eating them around Christmas.

I am trying to cut back on refined stuff... but that's just for health generally. We really started eating too many convenience foods when we moved, and I'm not out of the habit yet

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

Old 09-01-2007, 03:43 PM

ohh... a huge frozen strawberry margarita!!! make that 2 please! Everytime dh and I go have mexican food, I can't help but stare at the margaritas! :

I have been bad and do eat turkey subs occasionally (when that's all you want you just can't help it!) and a kosher hot dog or corn dog every now and then...
Old 09-02-2007, 12:50 AM

Subways
camerbet and brie cheese
smoked salmon
cold ham sandwiches
fried egg sunny side up with runny yolk
real mayonaisse
raw oysters
Old 09-02-2007, 01:09 AM

I'm not much of a food/drink avoider, but not even I can justify a mojito while pregnant, that's just decadent.

you guys are by the book!

Aylaanne-I don't think shooting would be that bad for the baby, they say it's like a vacuum noise level in there. I guess you'd have to do a test run on that one, but it is the funniest can't wait on here!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

Old 09-02-2007, 07:55 AM

I have to say that I must be a horrible pregnant woman as determined by this thread's restrictions lol. I eat my steak very rare all the time (although we havent had any in about a month - prior to that we had it once every 2 weeks). I also eat fried eggs with liquid yolks atleast twice a week for breakfast. I had sushi at the mall last weekend when I went out. We cook with wine and if in the mood we get a bottle of good wine and I have a glass w/ dinner and don't think twice about it (I don't have the 2nd or 3rd that I would normally have as DH and I used to drain the bottle each time - does that count?)

What I HAVE started to realize that I miss though is eating and drinking in public. I want to walk in to the starbucks and get a huge cafe mocha (which my stomach cannot tolerate atm) and then drive on to the great sushi restaurant and get a HUGE plate of sashimi with some wine or maybe hit chili's and get a strawberry marguirita or better yet, that alcoholic drink made with chocolate and ice cream, and then go to a dessert place (why they dont have chocolate cake at the sushi restaurant is beyond me!) and get a "for 2" chocolate cake and scarf it down with a big glass of milk. I have obviously not eaten these things together before because I would POP, but I think that is what I want for my birthday...a restaurant eating SPREE (my bday is Oct 30th)
Old 09-02-2007, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottaknit View Post
I haven't given up any foods while pregnant. I guess I'm reckless of selfish or something. Blue cheese is practically a staple at our dinner table. I even drink wine on occasion, but only one glass.

What I really want is a NICE BIG BEER! Not crappy bottled beer either, a high-alcohol-content meal-in-a-pint glass MICROBREW! It sucks living in the land of good beer and not being able to indulge.
Yesterday I had a baked brie appetizer and a french organic hard cider at lunch. :
I haven't given up anything at all, and have had several "half-strength" margaritas with dinner or an inch of wine in my glass after the kids go to bed...
I suppose it's bad, but to me it just doesn't seem very risky at all.. rush hour traffic is another story all together and I avoid that like the plague!
Old 09-02-2007, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post
Aylaanne-I don't think shooting would be that bad for the baby, they say it's like a vacuum noise level in there. I guess you'd have to do a test run on that one, but it is the funniest can't wait on here!
LOL. I'm not getting an ULTRASOUND because of the vibration factor, so shooting seemed pretty hypocritical to me. I did some reading and some research, and I decided not to risk it. I have hearing difficulties as it is from being exposed to loud sounds, and shooting is REALLY loud. Until you've been near a firearm while it goes off without hearing protection, you don't really know. And I can feel the sound vibrations in my body from it, so I know that SOMETHING's going on in there.

The policies of most police departments is that pregnant officers can qualify on their weapons while pregnant, but they shouldn't spend more time at the range than necessary. Because of that, I decided it would be better to just avoid the range.

Thanks, though.

knit.gifWife to Ageek.gif since 7-7-2006, Mother to Mnocirc.gif since 11-23-2007ribboncesarean.gif, and N slinggirl.gifborn on 4-9-2010vbac.gif
Old 09-02-2007, 10:56 PM

Coffee!! I've been drinking some, but mostly decaf. Since I'll be nursing, I won't be upping my caffienated coffee much, but I can a little! It tastes so much better to me.

Smoked salmon with capers and cream cheese on a bagel... I've had that once or twice during pregnancy, but I love it enough to have it all the time! Sushi, too. We don't eat a lot of raw fish because I'll make sushi at home most of the time, but when we go out I'll get it, and it's super-yummy.

User Tag List