So much for my delusions that we've got time - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 09-04-2007, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 34 weeks now and we just went on a little cloth buying spree yesterday at Walmart (I got 4 yards of fabric for a little under $10 to make cloth diapers for the new baby). We saw the carseat we were planning on buying at Walmart and said we'd buy it later, because we have time. Today I went to my midwife's appointment, we're now going to be seen every week. By next week, she wants us to bring a map printed out from the birth center to our home (I'm guessing in case I end up having a homebirth, they'll come out and check on us), carseat installed, and the name of the pediatrician or family practitioner that we've selected (so they can see baby within 72 hours of birth.) She said we should also have our bags packed, ready to go.

I was just like, oh crap, we were JUST at Walmart last night! We didn't get the carseat because we thought we had time, but now we have to have it installed in the car by NEXT WEEK? And as of next week I'll be considered full term? I'm not ready for this! I still have diapers I want to make. I still haven't nested, I have no interest in cleaning at all right now (unless we have company coming over, and then I only want to clean the areas they'll be seeing!) I have to find the labor tea and freeze it in ice cubes like I've been planning to. I have to wash all the clothes, prep the diapers I've made, hear back from the mamas that tested out my diapers. I'm just flipping out here, I'm soooo not ready! The woman we loaned the clothes to still has the majority of our 0-3 month and newborn clothing, and there's no eta on when she'll ship them. I haven't really gone through the clothes that we DO have to see what we need to buy.

Does anyone have a brown paper bag?
#2 of 21 Old 09-04-2007, 05:11 PM

Here's one for each of us. : :

We are in a similar boat. I am 33 weeks today. We finally got a dresser for Ellen's room yesterday and dh, bless his heart, put it together right away. But I am SO swamped with work this week that I doubt I will get anything done in there this week. The clothes are all stacked in the crib (not that she will be using the crib right away, but it would be nice to be able to put clothing on my child). We have a carseat, but it is still in the basement, along with a zillion things that need to be sold on CL because I won't ever use them. The sampler I want to make Ellen isn't even begun. Neither is the present Ellen is supposedly bringing her sister. I still need to hit Goodwill for sheets for the bed, and feed the freezer, and get snacks for labor. Not to mention organize cupboards so people can actually FIND stuff during labor. And have pg photos taken. And work on the remaining rust stains on the baby clothes in the basement. And mend some stuff. AAAAGH!!

Thank goodness mat. leave starts in four weeks. This child SO better not come before 38 weeks!

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#3 of 21 Old 09-04-2007, 05:42 PM

I'm feeling the crunch too. I was 33 weeks yesterday. But I'm on stinking bedrest!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! The crib and changing table are set up but the crib has a bunch of DH's junk it in. The carseat is still in the attic, the bassinet in the out building. I still have some diapers and the baskets I use to store CD's in the attic. I need a diaper bag, baby socks,, more prefolds, stuff for me for the hospital. And what can I do? I can do NOTHING!!!!AAAACCCCKKKKKKKK!

What I wouldn't do to have my mom closer. She'd be able to help so much! DH can help too but he's still working a lot and taking care of the kids when he's home so I feel bad asking him. But I have to face the reality that they might take the baby early if my bp doesn't do down soon. Hoping to make it at least 4 more weeks. But who knows!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#4 of 21 Old 09-04-2007, 07:13 PM

Oh, sweetie. That SUCKS. Can you order any of the things you need online? I just got a fabulous diaper bag from Land's End, and I love it!

Is there any way you could hire someone to help you get stuff set up and organized? I know a lot of the housecleaning services will hire out people to do that, or you could try Craig's List.

I hope your bp goes down and you can maybe get up and do a few things soon!

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#5 of 21 Old 09-04-2007, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Bedrest would drive me completely nuts.
#6 of 21 Old 09-04-2007, 08:04 PM

It's September? OMG I still have so much to do. I have a crib but it's missing hardware. I have a bunch of stuff downstairs that I need to wash. I need to wash all the baby clothes, switch the dresser in the baby's room with another dresser, buy a changing pad, buy a carseat (I don't have one either), buy cars, talk with the church down the end of the road and ask if I can leave a bag of diapers in their parking lot, call the diaper lady and see about getting service started, and oh, I have to clean and flea bomb the entire house and the cats.

knit.gifWife to Ageek.gif since 7-7-2006, Mother to Mnocirc.gif since 11-23-2007ribboncesarean.gif, and N slinggirl.gifborn on 4-9-2010vbac.gif
#7 of 21 Old 09-04-2007, 08:16 PM

I am 34 weeks today and I feel like I have so much left to do. For everything that gets done, I remember 2 things I didn't think of. I did get the baby a cute hat today, does that count?

So overwhelming!
#8 of 21 Old 09-04-2007, 08:25 PM

im 36 weeks tomorrow, and theres still a ton to do!!! its overwhelming

*~*Ashley*~* newly single mama to Tristan 10/01/2007
#9 of 21 Old 09-04-2007, 08:38 PM

I'm 35 weeks and I'm basically ready. I need to buy some sposies for that first week, I'd like to have a nursing gown to have at the hospital. baby clothes are washed and put away, diapers washed, car seat has been shipped as of this a.m., probably should vacuum the baby's room and I need a couple of slings. I'm having a shower this weekend and so I will see what I still need after that.
I did all this stuff at like 25 weeks because I knew I would be too miserable and tired to do it now.. And I am! my hands hurt sooo bad I can barely snap my fingers.
All the nesting is translating into things like, hmmm I think I'll reupholster the ottoman. Now what. Wash the curtains. Next? Slipcover the loveseat.
my problem is that I'll probably be sitting here, still pg in 7 weeks....
Please no!
#10 of 21 Old 09-04-2007, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstkid4me View Post
Bedrest would drive me completely nuts.
I'm going completely nuts. It's been REALLY hard to stay in bed. REALLY HARD!!! I'm going to the dr tomorrow and I'm hoping my bp will be down a little or they can figure out some other way to deal with it. I feel so bad for DH. He came in from working 10 1/2 hours today, turned right around to take the kids to soccer practice and now he's exercising. He's being an angel but I feel so bad for him!

We go to a church with a lot of college students. If I get put on extended bedrest tomorrow I'm going to call the children's director because she keeps a list of girls who they've done background checks on. I'm going to hire one to at least come out and sweep, vacuum, dust and pick up a little. And hopefully get a little organizing done for me!

I think I'm going to order a few things from Target.com I saw a cute diaper bag I wanted there a few weeks ago. Maybe I can find the other things I need. I'm seriously going bonkers!!! :

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#11 of 21 Old 09-04-2007, 10:50 PM

I'm so in the same boat. I am 32 weeks today. My midwives count term as 37, so I have 5 weeks to be ready. And I sooooo feel not ready. Have the car seat, can't install till we are done with craft shows this month. Have a bunch of other projects that need finished. But I think the essentials other than the seat are ok. Have my and babies bag pretty good, a 'grandma's bag started for the little two (and my oldest is doing his tomorrow), so I think if we had an emergency, we'd be ok. But I'm obsessing over all the details lol
#12 of 21 Old 09-05-2007, 12:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Me too. I finally bought new shoes that fit my feet, and then realized I'm two weeks from being term. My kids have always arrived before their due date, and my youngest was born right at 37 weeks. I'm 35. We are likely planning on having another child, though, and now that I have the shoes I have a good excuse.

And I realized that I haven't talked at all about how I want the birth to go with this midwife. I've only had... 2? appointments with her, but still, this is cutting it close... at my next appointment, I'll be 36 weeks. I don't have a list from them of what they want me to have on hand for the birth, and I haven't had a home appointment yet. I think I might call tomorrow, since my mw is back from vacation, and see if she wants to switch my next appointment to a home visit.

I have clothes, diapers, and a place for the baby to sleep (well, kind of... our bed was supposed to be here from our old apartment yesterday, but the brakes gave out on the trailer dh and my dad were using -- luckily they realized before they left -- and it was too late for unloading by the time they got back, so the full trailer is sitting at dh's parents, and I'm not sure when it will make it here), so I'm not too concerned about being ready for the baby, it's the birth itself that I'm not prepared for. I did pick up two flannel backed vinyl tablecloths today, thinking that they might work to help protect the matress. That's all I have ready.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#13 of 21 Old 09-05-2007, 02:43 AM

I am clinging to my delusions. Please don't remind me (you too HeatherB!!!!).
#14 of 21 Old 09-05-2007, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
I'm feeling the crunch too. I was 33 weeks yesterday. But I'm on stinking bedrest!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! The crib and changing table are set up but the crib has a bunch of DH's junk it in. The carseat is still in the attic, the bassinet in the out building. I still have some diapers and the baskets I use to store CD's in the attic. I need a diaper bag, baby socks,, more prefolds, stuff for me for the hospital. And what can I do? I can do NOTHING!!!!AAAACCCCKKKKKKKK!

What I wouldn't do to have my mom closer. She'd be able to help so much! DH can help too but he's still working a lot and taking care of the kids when he's home so I feel bad asking him. But I have to face the reality that they might take the baby early if my bp doesn't do down soon. Hoping to make it at least 4 more weeks. But who knows!!
I'm sorry you are on bedrest. That sucks. I hope you do get some help soon! On-line was made for bedrest...no?
#15 of 21 Old 09-05-2007, 05:35 PM

I feel like everyday I cross something off my list, but add about 1000000 more things. It will never get done, but what can you do. The neccessities will be there (mom, baby, boob) and that's all we really need.

Do any of you believe that? I'm trying so hard to!! But this nesting really makes me feel like I have OCD.

Danielle, bf'ing, cd'ing, bw'ing, ap'ing, SAHM to DD Avery (12-1-04) blahblah.gif DS Linus (10-31-07)bouncy.gif and DD Nilah (9-17-11) babygirl.gif

always and forever remembering angel1.gif (6-9-10)

#16 of 21 Old 09-05-2007, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammycakes View Post
I did all this stuff at like 25 weeks because I knew I would be too miserable and tired to do it now.. And I am! my hands hurt sooo bad I can barely snap my fingers.
I really don't mean to laugh at you, but this was so funny to me. I'm trying to imagine what reason in the world right now I'd have to even attempt to snap my fingers
#17 of 21 Old 09-05-2007, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgarden View Post
I am clinging to my delusions. Please don't remind me (you too HeatherB!!!!).
:

I have to agree with Brisen - I'm pretty much ready for "baby," but I still need to get ready for birth! Our birth pool will be here this week (need to check tracking!), but there's still nowhere to put it. I have prepped prefolds for mama pads and/or diapers (mostly mama pads). I need to prep our other dipes and the other mama pads I have. And mostly just keep cleaning and decluttering this house!!

Today is DS2's birthday (I knew I'd be ready for another 3 years after he was born, and here he is, 3! and just 4 weeks till the next!), and tomorrow my MW comes. Oh, and DS1 got sick on the wool carpet yesterday, which altho we tried to treat it still stinks, so we're ready to go for professional cleaning (it already needed it - can we say potty training? ). It seems the decluttering never ends, though!

I feel like we're making progress... on some things! But as others have said, there's always more!!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#18 of 21 Old 09-05-2007, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naismama View Post
I really don't mean to laugh at you, but this was so funny to me. I'm trying to imagine what reason in the world right now I'd have to even attempt to snap my fingers
Heh, I'm not offended. I was actually singing a song and trying to snap along but it didn't really happen..
#19 of 21 Old 09-07-2007, 01:43 AM

I am definitely counting on my baby being a procrastinator like her mama and getting here late!! There's WAY too much left to do. My best friend reminded me tonight, after patiently listening to my freaked-out litany of the 1700 things left on my countdown-to-baby list, that all I need to do is set up the cosleeper and have some diapers on hand. Oh, right...diapers!!
#20 of 21 Old 09-07-2007, 02:03 AM - Thread Starter

So, we got the carseat on Tuesday, a Cosco Scenera (it's one until we know for sure that she'll fit in the lowest slot for a Britax Boulevard. The CS has a lowest setting of 7", same as bucket seats, whereas a BB has a lowest setting of 10".) We're going to install it this weekend. I'm waiting on 6 more AIOs that I won on ebay (she said she sent them on Tuesday, and I know it's only been 2 days but I'm antsy! I won them before the long weekend, so it's hard to wait!) At that time we'll have 20 diapers for the new baby, and I need to get 2 swaddlebees inserts for the 2 pocket dipes we have, and at least 2 covers (in case the fleece covers I'm making tonight don't work right.)
#21 of 21 Old 09-07-2007, 09:36 AM

well we finally have something to use for diaper storage, so i can finish prepping everything now that i have a place to put it, lol. we got one of these from target last night. i have 2 of the wide bins on top with prefolds in them, the second shelf is a wide bin with covers, and 2 narrow ones, one with wipes and one with the few fitteds i have. the other 2 shelves will be for toys

*~*Ashley*~* newly single mama to Tristan 10/01/2007

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page