Mothering Forum banner

Wow! 3 back to back pregnancies and first time I feel contractions!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  2bluefish 
#1 ·
My first back to back two pregnancies I don't even really think I knew what a Braxton Hicks contraction was...but this time WOW I definately am feeling it more and more as each week passes. Nothing regular and it is mainly when I am walking, have to pee or have been asleep for awhile. Does this mean my body may be gearing up or does it mean nothing? I guess the fact that they are starting to get painful from time to time is so different for me. Anyone else by the way get them at night if you are sleeping and have to pee or just after you pee? I know my peri keeps mentioning that because all 3 pregnancies were back back (Adam just turned 2, Hannah is 11 months and 34 weeks with Jacob) I may "go early" so I am wondering if this could be a clue?

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply......Jacob definately needs to bake a few more weeks. We will have cs at 37 to 38 weeks when his lungs are ready due to high risk factors. These contractions just seem so unusual it made me wonder.

P.S. I just noticed that your little one and mine are due at the same time and were both "unexpected surprises"

#5 ·
Just zip it

Actually my guess is you are feeling them alot because your womb has been exercised so much over the past few years. Probably doesn't have much to do with labor or prep, etc. Mine has always been cranky, but is particularly cranky this time around. However, I am in a great mood, because I discovered homeopathic caulophyllum will stop false labor and cranky uterus contracting and cramping until it is time. It is working fabulously for me!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.