met a grandma who's dd is expecting #10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 10-06-2007, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I met a women yesterday whose daughter is expecting baby #10. SHe has 9 children under the age of 12. The grandma says that she is a great Mom and is so proud of her daughter for bringing such well adjusted, happy kids into the world. She has 6 girls and so far 3 boys.

Can you imagine? It was nice to hear a Grandma brag about her large family!

Just had to share cause after 3 I am done. I just don't like being pregnant. If I could have the baby without being pregnant, i think I could have 10 children.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#2 of 17 Old 10-06-2007, 03:41 PM

Wow. I don't mind being pg, but I honestly don't think I could have ten kids. Not without a LOT of help. I love the thought of it, but the day to day reality I think would be too much for me. In fact, the way dd is behaving these days, I sometimes wonder wth I was thinking even having two...

I admire women who can, though. I had a friend in college who was one of thirteen. The oldest was in med school and Ariel was headed to law school. Seeing all of them together was really inspiring - I don't think I have ever seen a happier family, which says a lot for mom and dad. I have always thought her mom should have been cannonized!

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#3 of 17 Old 10-09-2007, 01:19 AM

I am expecting # 10 born to us :-) # 15 for our family as we adopted 5 as well. My children are 23 down to this one yet unborn. It is so fun! Most of my kids were home the last few days (my in laws came to visit) and we were up late every night. My youngest children playing with my grandbabies... brothers wrestling, daughters comparing mommy stories... it is truly a delight. Now the grocery bill.... that is another story! LOL...

TraceyKy Wife, mama, midwife
#4 of 17 Old 10-09-2007, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traceyky View Post
I am expecting # 10 born to us :-) # 15 for our family as we adopted 5 as well. My children are 23 down to this one yet unborn. It is so fun! Most of my kids were home the last few days (my in laws came to visit) and we were up late every night. My youngest children playing with my grandbabies... brothers wrestling, daughters comparing mommy stories... it is truly a delight. Now the grocery bill.... that is another story! LOL...

That is beautiful. :

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#5 of 17 Old 10-09-2007, 01:47 AM

Quote:

Wow, that sounds so lovely to me.

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

#6 of 17 Old 10-09-2007, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthatgirl View Post
That is beautiful. :
yes amazing!
#7 of 17 Old 10-09-2007, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Tracey= what a great way to bring another life into the world, into the arms of his/her family. How many grandkids do you have?

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#8 of 17 Old 10-09-2007, 09:21 AM

My 5th grandbaby is due iin November :-)

TraceyKy
#9 of 17 Old 10-09-2007, 10:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow... congratulations! What's it like to be pregnant the same time as your daughter/DIL? My dd's not even 2 yet, so I can't even fathom... but that sounds so lovely. I'm torn between wanting that kind of big family and staying where we are with only 2.

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#10 of 17 Old 10-09-2007, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
That's beautiful, Tracey. It's a real possibility for me, too. My oldest, dd17, could be married and bearing children before I'm done! My only 'regret' would be that I would not be free to go and take care of her pp like my mom is free to come and help me. I guess I'll have to figure a way around that one if it happens.

I concur about the grocery bill!
#11 of 17 Old 10-09-2007, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvysen View Post
Wow... congratulations! What's it like to be pregnant the same time as your daughter/DIL? My dd's not even 2 yet, so I can't even fathom... but that sounds so lovely. I'm torn between wanting that kind of big family and staying where we are with only 2.

We thought we wanted 2.... then 3. They were a lot of work, but so fun too! It was so neat to see each of their little personalities blossom... then we had 4... so fun! So we went for 5.... then we got broken. Don't let anyone tell you it is getting "fixed"... It all worked JUST FINE before we broke it!!!! Everyone said we should "be responsible" That kids cost too much. (we were really struggling financially) So, we gave in. Figured we could adopt. We did - a family of 4. Then another daughter, niece of the other 4. They are all great kids. If you ask "which ones are 'your's"? the answer is they are all MINE. I love them so, every one. Born to me or adopted. And no... I don't think I can remember which ones are adopted, thanks........ however, we also missed babies. (as well as sex was no fun anymore, kind of pointless, ya know? Oh, and that little issue of dh being in constant pain for 8 years??) So... we had a reversal. You know, got "fixed!!" Praise the Lord, it relieved his pain, AND we got to have babies again!! Sex is super again, such a joy to come together! No worries... we welcome children. Our finances did improve... after we had 10 kids, lol. Until then we lived in a 950 sq ft house (that is not a typo) My kids are all such neat people. (well, my 12 yr old entering puberty is a bit trying right now... sigh... but this too shall pass. I already survived it 9 times!) We have no regrets at "having so many kids", we only regret "missing" the ones we did not have for 9 years :-(
3 years ago, my oldest daughter Erin and I were pregnant at the same time. We got belly pics together, and her sweet Adin was born 4 weeks before his uncle Micah, lol...

Ever hear of someone on their deathbed wishing they did not have their children?

TraceyKY
#12 of 17 Old 10-09-2007, 11:58 PM

Quote:
3 years ago, my oldest daughter Erin and I were pregnant at the same time. We got belly pics together, and her sweet Adin was born 4 weeks before his uncle Micah, lol...
:

Quote:

Ever hear of someone on their deathbed wishing they did not have their children?

TraceyKY
Only Montgomery Burns on the Simpsons would be so cold!

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#13 of 17 Old 10-10-2007, 01:56 AM

My bff has has neices and nephews who are older than she is! I think it's so cool.

Your family sounds so great!

I would love to have so many children. We are about to have #4 in 5 years, though, so I think we'll be on hiatus for a few years. However I would love to have at least 5 or 6 children.

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#14 of 17 Old 10-10-2007, 07:08 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
We thought we wanted 2.... then 3. They were a lot of work, but so fun too! It was so neat to see each of their little personalities blossom... then we had 4... so fun! So we went for 5.... then we got broken. Don't let anyone tell you it is getting "fixed"... It all worked JUST FINE before we broke it!!!! Everyone said we should "be responsible" That kids cost too much. (we were really struggling financially) So, we gave in. Figured we could adopt. We did - a family of 4. Then another daughter, niece of the other 4. They are all great kids. If you ask "which ones are 'your's"? the answer is they are all MINE. I love them so, every one. Born to me or adopted. And no... I don't think I can remember which ones are adopted, thanks........ however, we also missed babies. (as well as sex was no fun anymore, kind of pointless, ya know? Oh, and that little issue of dh being in constant pain for 8 years??) So... we had a reversal. You know, got "fixed!!" Praise the Lord, it relieved his pain, AND we got to have babies again!! Sex is super again, such a joy to come together! No worries... we welcome children. Our finances did improve... after we had 10 kids, lol. Until then we lived in a 950 sq ft house (that is not a typo) My kids are all such neat people. (well, my 12 yr old entering puberty is a bit trying right now... sigh... but this too shall pass. I already survived it 9 times!) We have no regrets at "having so many kids", we only regret "missing" the ones we did not have for 9 years :-(

TraceyKY
Wow, that's sounds so similar to our story - sans the adopted family (although we almost did that!).

I had my tubes tied for 8 years. The Lord really convicted us that we should not have permanently 'fixed' what wasn't broken and three years ago we had it reversed, in Mexico. Sex got better, tubal ligation syndrome went away immediately - it was unbelievable.

Soo, I have a 17yo, 15yo, 10yo, 20mo, and will soon have my second tr baby!

Congrats to you, Tracey. You're life sounds very full!
#15 of 17 Old 10-10-2007, 01:27 PM

My midwife told me on Monday that she's pregnant with #11, all of them born at home. I'm so happy for her. I've always planned that at 35 I would stop getting pregnant and start adopting, but we'll see what happens. All these women are inspiring me! (shh, don't tell DH)

knit.gifWife to Ageek.gif since 7-7-2006, Mother to Mnocirc.gif since 11-23-2007ribboncesarean.gif, and N slinggirl.gifborn on 4-9-2010vbac.gif
#16 of 17 Old 10-11-2007, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Honestly, I think what's holding me back is the logistics... like, how do you get 8 children from point a to point b? A minivan doesn't hold that many, you'd have to take two cars or get a commercial van.... That kind of thing. In fact, strangely enough, that's what's holding me back from having 3! Because neither of our cars (or any CARS, as far as I've seen) can really hold 3 carseats, moving up to 3 kids seems like a definite jump in our way of life, you know?

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#17 of 17 Old 10-11-2007, 12:08 PM

wow, what an inspiring thread. I feel like #1 has been such an input of energy (of all kinds) that I wondered how people did it over and over (and over!) again. It does sound amazing though. Makes me wonder all sorts of things that DP would probably not remain conscious if he were party to

finally midwife mama to my home-birthed nurslings: Noemi Sakura 16.10.07 & Seder Pádraig 13.7.09 and partner to their lovely daddy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page